Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jermaine Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

Read 16150 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Jermaine Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Reply #115: Jan 31, 2012 06:57:51 pm
      The plot thickens eh!

I'd take Defoe here but I'm still not convinced we will make any moves today but a forward who scores goals would be a good addition to the squad.

I'm not sure at all he will move, tend to think he won't but from his point of view I could see why he would want to, in and out at Spurs, Euro's this summer which he wants to be involved in and regular football would help that.

Possibly his last chance at nearly 30.

Don't expect it to happen though.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #116: Jan 31, 2012 06:59:47 pm
      We need another striker, cant believe we have not signed anyone yet.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #117: Jan 31, 2012 08:15:20 pm
      Sly sports keep saying he is on his way to Anfield tonight, pinch take and salt springs to mind, but you never know, he would be ideal,for the right money.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #118: Jan 31, 2012 08:16:59 pm
      We need another striker, cant believe we have not signed anyone yet.

Because Kenny's been hinting at a signing all January... :D
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #119: Jan 31, 2012 09:35:43 pm
      Because Kenny's been hinting at a signing all January... :D

Well, it's still early days, but if kuyt and bellamy gonna keep scoring, andy joins in as he did today and luis starts putting them in the net when het comes back, we might not need another striker
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #120: Jan 31, 2012 11:11:20 pm
      Well, it's still early days, but if kuyt and bellamy gonna keep scoring, andy joins in as he did today and luis starts putting them in the net when het comes back, we might not need another striker

IF!!!
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #121: Feb 01, 2012 08:18:38 am
      Lets just hope no one gets injured. (touch wood)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #122: Feb 01, 2012 04:55:01 pm
      F**k the cockney midget!

Suarez is back anyway!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #123: Feb 01, 2012 05:01:00 pm
      Very true mate, if Andy and Dirk had been doing the business in the first place we wouldn't need a striker. Kenny's faith and judgement vindicated again!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #124: Feb 01, 2012 10:03:45 pm
      Don't need him now with Suarez back and Carroll coming into form.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #125: Feb 02, 2012 01:14:11 pm

Oh thats racist

HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #126: Feb 02, 2012 03:53:12 pm
      I personally don't think that this was any more than just a rumour during the January transfer window, but I'd still like to see Defoe sign. Maybe in the Summer but agreeing a sensible fee would be difficult with Spurs and I'm not convinced Defoe would want to move to the north.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #127: Feb 02, 2012 03:58:28 pm
      I personally don't think that this was any more than just a rumour during the January transfer window, but I'd still like to see Defoe sign. Maybe in the Summer but agreeing a sensible fee would be difficult with Spurs and I'm not convinced Defoe would want to move to the north.

I think it was January or bust for this deal, he doesnt fit into the long term vision of the owners, it may have happened this month dues to us needing a goalscorer but we have held steady with the belief in what we have so i cant see it happening in the summer.

He may have wanted to move due to the Euros this summer and the need to play regulary but either way it didnt happen, that being probably due to :

Him not wanting to leave London.
      Us not actually wanting him.
      The price being too high that was quoated.

I think we will bring in a striker in the summer but one that fits the long term plan.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #128: Feb 02, 2012 04:12:11 pm
      Why is the thread still open?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #129: Feb 02, 2012 04:44:49 pm
      I think it was January or bust for this deal, he doesnt fit into the long term vision of the owners, it may have happened this month dues to us needing a goalscorer but we have held steady with the belief in what we have so i cant see it happening in the summer.

He may have wanted to move due to the Euros this summer and the need to play regulary but either way it didnt happen, that being probably due to :

Him not wanting to leave London.
      Us not actually wanting him.
      The price being too high that was quoated.

I think we will bring in a striker in the summer but one that fits the long term plan.

That's a good point about long term planning and transfer policy.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #130: May 15, 2012 07:24:42 pm
      Don't want him.  We could get a better scorer for the same price or less than this w**ker
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #131: May 15, 2012 07:25:51 pm
      Don't want him.  We could get a better scorer for the same price or less than this w**ker

Have we even been linked with him this summer?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #132: May 15, 2012 07:26:51 pm

So to pose the question.... As this isnt really on the cards i dont think...

Is redmau5 Alexandra Burke mmmmmm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #133: May 15, 2012 08:34:35 pm
      Not a fan, too old and thinks too highly of himself. Wouldn't compliment Suarez, could work with Andy in some capacity but that's not what we're after, build around Suarez and build the partnership of Carroll/Luis.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #134: May 15, 2012 10:22:29 pm
      Have we even been linked with him this summer?

I haven't seen anything since the January transfer window and I look at the BBC gossip column every day.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #135: May 16, 2012 10:17:36 am
      Why this sudden fixation about age - no one gave a sh*t until we found out it was the "owners" way of doing things in the US.

Proven goalscorer and if he was avaliable and could do the job for 2-3 seasons I would have him for anything up to £15m.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #136: May 16, 2012 12:03:35 pm
      Why this sudden fixation about age - no one gave a sh*t until we found out it was the "owners" way of doing things in the US.

Proven goalscorer and if he was avaliable and could do the job for 2-3 seasons I would have him for anything up to £15m.

because we want to build for the future. i agree he will get us goals and help us improve, but in a couple of seasons we'll be out looking for a similar player and taking a punt on another striker. i'd sacrifice short term pain for a better foundation for a team. he doesn't fit for me tbh, good player but our focus should be on someone who can give us 5 years at the top.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #137: May 16, 2012 10:59:36 pm
      because we want to build for the future. i agree he will get us goals and help us improve, but in a couple of seasons we'll be out looking for a similar player and taking a punt on another striker. i'd sacrifice short term pain for a better foundation for a team. he doesn't fit for me tbh, good player but our focus should be on someone who can give us 5 years at the top.

I agree in part with you here. We do need to build for the future but to have a squad filled with youth can have as many disadvantages as well as advantages.

I think the best squads have a good mix of youth and experience. A constant passing of the torch and someone for the younger players to learn from. I think a great example is Craig Bellamy, nowhere near a player for the future yet a key player for us this year.

Defoe can do a job for us. But we are no mugs, we are not there to be robbed by Spurs for a player that 'Arry can't give a game to!

Quick Reply