Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fenway set to build original 60,000 seater (Jan 2011 story)

Read 36220 times
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Re: Fenway set to build original 60,000 seater (Jan 2011 story)
      Reply #138: Aug 27, 2013 02:42:04 pm
      People seem to forget that if it wasn't for FSG we'd be F***ing screwed!!. People have very short memories. Anyone remember Hicks and Gillete!. Planning new stadiums take a long time, and the fact it's new stands rather than a whole new stadium will probably take even longer!. Buying up houses etc!.
        I'm as frustrated as the next man about how long this has taken, but now and again I work with planners and architects and F**k me they F**k about!. I don't get the negativity at FSG At all!.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #139: Aug 27, 2013 02:58:57 pm
      People seem to forget that if it wasn't for FSG we'd be F***ing screwed!!. People have very short memories. Anyone remember Hicks and Gillete!. Planning new stadiums take a long time, and the fact it's new stands rather than a whole new stadium will probably take even longer!. Buying up houses etc!.
        I'm as frustrated as the next man about how long this has taken, but now and again I work with planners and architects and F**k me they F**k about!. I don't get the negativity at FSG At all!.

Facepalm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #140: Aug 28, 2013 11:17:27 am

An apologist does not face reallity by definition, they circumvent actuality by presenting their own faulted version of events.

Just because I don't carry or subscribe to the level of hatred that you do, simply because they sacked KK, it doesn't make my overall view any less valid.
      In fact, if you'd ever bothered to see past your myopic and borderline pathological hatred for FSG (simply because they sacked KK), you'd see this has been pretty much my position from day one.

As described above this is your interpretation no more no less, sacking Dalglish was as faulted as any of the decisions foisted on us by FSG, you like others of your ilk always use this example as a tool to dismiss criticism of FSG.
      There are no rabid, manic accusations at play but serious discontent at the owners perceived inability to conduct the affairs of LFC.

Apart from that, what the F**k is the clubs "demeanour" supposed to mean?

Demeanour is the appearence or condition as it appears to an observer, in the context used it is perfectly acceptable.

You remind me of this guy:
      Family Guy - Floyd Boxing Commentary - 9x05

Lots of out of context bullshit in an attempt to sound intelligent.
      You're not, you're just stoned again.

Really did think you were better than that, still woppers do sneak under the net occasionally.

NB If you would like me to write in larger text or explain any more words to you please ask.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2013 11:44:40 am by stuey »
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #141: Aug 29, 2013 09:15:23 pm
      why did fsg buy club when one of deals was building stadium, or have money to buy players
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #142: Aug 30, 2013 12:45:00 pm
      why did fsg buy club when one of deals was building stadium, or have money to buy players

Because they lie through their teeth.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #143: Aug 30, 2013 02:41:49 pm
      should this thread have this title its now 3 years so its at least the bollocks FSG spouted to get the deal done stadium
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,946 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #144: Aug 31, 2013 10:04:30 am
      Can't see any sort of development for years yet, in fact f***in Syria will have been rebuilt before the refurbishment of Anfield,

I just hope that by the time FSG has finished stripping  us we're not asked to ground share with that other famous merseyside club.......

Marine !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #145: Aug 31, 2013 10:13:03 am
      I just feel as though this will drag on to the point where they will give up on the idea and sell us on unless they find a sponsor to fund it, they don't like to spend their own money.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #146: Sep 02, 2013 10:44:15 am
      Rome wasnt built in a day lads, have a bit of optimisim for FSG they dragged us out of the mud and out of debt. now they've sumbitted plans for a new stadim which still have to be signed off by council once they take all the houses off the local resisdents and rehome them. once all that's been done it wont cost us the earth to build we could in fact extend using the money we get from the sale of Suarez then chuck in a little extra and we dont need a sponsor but I'm sure we have a line of investors waiting so that shouldnt be an issue. The issue is the "anfield Village" if we want more revenue we need investiment for the surrounding area of the stadium so its like Bostone Redsox a village of shops, bars, and restaurants.

all this will take years to achieve as there is planning applications etc so lets stick behind the owners as so far we are top of the league said we are top of the league Hay!!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #147: Sep 02, 2013 08:31:00 pm
      I just feel as though this will drag on to the point where they will give up on the idea and sell us on unless they find a sponsor to fund it, they don't like to spend their own money.
      They'll wait and see if we get CL or the title and hope that sponsors will be beaten down the door .

Quick Reply