Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fenway set to build original 60,000 seater (Jan 2011 story)

Read 36212 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Fenway set to build original 60,000 seater (Jan 2011 story)
      Reply #46: Jan 18, 2012 10:52:08 am
      Brutal in the way that Susan Boyle is brutal Rep.
      I see. Then, my friend, I concur!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Jan 18, 2012 10:52:47 am
      Huh, it doesn't look remotely fat, ugly or Scottish.

Fat or Scottish no; ugly, yes.

Maybe she'll win the re-naming rights... The Susan Boyle Bowl. It has a ring to it - a big, hairy, brown ring.  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #48: Jan 18, 2012 10:53:48 am
      Granfield
      LFCexiled
      Reply #49: Jan 18, 2012 11:04:58 am

Maybe she'll win the re-naming rights... The Susan Boyle Bowl. It has a ring to it - a big, hairy, brown ring.  8)

Seeing as Anfield as an area is a bit of a sh*t-hole we could name it 'The Haemorrhoid Stadium'.

I can hear George Sephton now "Commence Preparation H Exercise"
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #50: Jan 18, 2012 11:10:43 am
      Why do most of modern bowl style stadiums have the wavy roof ? The roof that dips in the corners!
      Surely if you have planning to build a stadium to a certain height you'd build the whole stadium to that height and by doing so increase the capacity like the millenium stadium.

I hope this isn't true!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #51: Jan 18, 2012 11:14:29 am
      Why do most of modern bowl style stadiums have the wavy roof ? The roof that dips in the corners!
      Surely if you have planning to build a stadium to a certain height you'd build the whole stadium to that height and by doing so increase the capacity like the millenium stadium.

Interesting take on it, never thought of that.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #52: Jan 18, 2012 11:41:58 am

:D

The Parry-Boyle.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #53: Jan 18, 2012 12:13:49 pm

Without doubt Cas, one tier and stand alone.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #54: Jan 18, 2012 12:29:54 pm
      Don't like the AFL design. The roof is far too small and heigh. Any atmosphere will leak out of it like an Italian cruise ship. Also, some part of the crowd will get wet when it rains.

Hate. F***ing. Bowls. Just because one stand is different doesn't make the rest of it a bowl. The revised AFL plans are essentially a cross between the Emirates and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Not happy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #55: Jan 18, 2012 12:45:53 pm
      Don't like the AFL design. The roof is far too small and heigh. Any atmosphere will leak out of it like an Italian cruise ship. Also, some part of the crowd will get wet when it rains.

Hate. F***ing. Bowls. Just because one stand is different doesn't make the rest of it a bowl. The revised AFL plans are essentially a cross between the Emirates and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Not happy.

It looks like a juiced up Reebok Stadium!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,271 posts | 2830 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Jan 18, 2012 01:11:16 pm
      It looks like a juiced up Reebok Stadium!

Yeah it does. Basically its outdated before its built and if thats the case we might as well stay put
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #57: Jan 18, 2012 02:12:35 pm
      I can't see anything anything on the OS.

These plans are possibly the most comprehensive ones drawn up, and by that I mean Water, Sewage, Electricity. I would suspect the H&G plans may have skimmed over these essentials for the sexy plans drawn up. (Monorail episode of the Simpsons)

The Bowl does have more of a multi-format use. Outdoor concerts etc. This must be on the minds of the owners to maximise revenue.

I know Anfield has an emotional bond, but the cold hearted side of me says it's only a postcode.

The Kop has been torn down and rebuilt. The Kemlyn Road Stand, has had a top tier put on top of it and renamed the Centenary Stand, and this goes for the Anfield Rd too. As for the Main Stand, less said the better.

The pitch has been relaid again and again. So really, for me, the Anfield of now, is not the Anfield of the 70-80's.

Of course probably most of you will only have the Anfield of now, and I respect that, but for me, we should move, plus remember there are a few threads here moaning about the Atmosphere, OOT's etc, of the current Anfield.

All I can say is..

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #58: Jan 18, 2012 02:26:56 pm
      Agree entirely RP and the unfeasibility of transforming Anfield to meet the the club's aspirations dictates LFC relocates.
      If anybody's aspirations remain unfulflled their capabilities, their dreams and their talents are stifled - how concise does the analogy need to be?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #59: Jan 18, 2012 02:34:31 pm
      Having looked at the various new designs I'm still trying to convince myself that we need to build a new stadium. Here's some of the obvious negatives of the current Anfield for me.

capacity - think we all agree that we need at least 60,000

lack of corporate boxes - essiential for the match day income, the Emirates has 150 and OT 200, whereas Anfield has 30!!

leg room - especially on the Kop (unless you stand  ;))

restricted views - view from the back rows of the Anny Road and parts of the Main Stand are a joke

Having said that, to pay 300m to increase the capacity by 15,000 seems crazy to me and how much would ticket prices rise as a result? The additional boxes would gain massive extra revenue but could it be more working class fans are priced out and we have a stadium full of corporate, glory hunters and thomas cook(ers)?

Would rather stay but either way hope the club announce something soon to put us out of our misery. If it is a new ground then just hope its not a bowl design and that theres a stand alone, single tier Kop.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #60: Jan 18, 2012 03:02:24 pm
      If the new stadia were to be used as a multi event structure the inclusion of dedicated fearures ie a kop may prove unfeasible, feasibility is no doubt the reason behind the bowl design.
      There are going to be some hard decisions made but the primary concern throughout the whole process has got to be the long term interest of LFC.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #61: Jan 18, 2012 03:05:59 pm
      Looks f**king awful if I'm honest.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #62: Jan 18, 2012 03:12:16 pm
      Looks f**king awful if I'm honest.
      Definitely wouldn't agree with the comparison but a lot of people would say the same about Anfield and it doesn't look too good against the Emirates.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #63: Jan 18, 2012 03:24:28 pm
      Excellent post RP and hard to disagree with. I must admit though, I'd be disappointed if we went for a 60 thousand seater that couldn't be expanded, given the size of stadium that we could potentially fill and the size of rival stadiums. It's not essential to have a 70-80 thousand seater straight away but surely we need to have that potential later on. It's not like we can keep moving stadiums.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #64: Jan 18, 2012 05:54:16 pm
      If the new stadia were to be used as a multi event structure the inclusion of dedicated fearures ie a kop may prove unfeasible, feasibility is no doubt the reason behind the bowl design.
      There are going to be some hard decisions made but the primary concern throughout the whole process has got to be the long term interest of LFC.

Stuey I can almost guarantee that the idea of off-dat/seasonal events ie concerts, other sports etc is on the mind of the owners as a way to increase club revenue.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #65: Jan 18, 2012 06:19:36 pm

Croke Park hosts concerts very well and has a Kop-esque stand in the hill 16.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #66: Jan 18, 2012 06:28:09 pm
      Is there anything Official yet - I see this is again building momentum...

Would love to see something being announced this week or next - the boost it would give to the players too! If they announce it and have 'a spade in the ground' by the end of the season I would be delighted - I'll even drop £10 in to the LFC Reds christmas drinks fund for next year...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #67: Jan 18, 2012 06:33:51 pm
      Stuey I can almost guarantee that the idea of off-dat/seasonal events ie concerts, other sports etc is on the mind of the owners as a way to increase club revenue.
      Off course mate, a venue of that capacity would have to be used to it's full potential which is surly part of the owners itinerary.
      If it fits in mate that's a result and I for one would be made up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #68: Jan 18, 2012 09:50:54 pm

Agree LL and any concerts at a new stadium with a Kop stand would more than likely have the stage at that end so it wouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply