Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Alisson Becker
      5 (11.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      14 (32.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (7%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      5 (11.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (14%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Jayden Danns
      6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: Apr 22, 2024 09:54:34 pm

Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3981 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Atalata 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Apr 20, 2024 09:22:13 am
      Wonder what has changed, all through the season we have looked like we will score goals, yes we are conceding but always look like we will score more. Now do dont seem so sure upfont like we have lost out confidence. Could it be the effect ok Klopp leaving has sunk in. Hope it dosent last to long

I think quite simply our luck has run out.

We have very erratic forwards some of which aren't quite at that level of what we had before. Added to a new midfield and a team still seemingly trying to find a style it's no surprise in hindsight that this run has happened.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #599: Apr 20, 2024 10:01:34 am
      Still can't get over that ...coming out ...pen inside 7 mins, scoring, then for the rest of the game played like they were trying to protect a 1 goal lead.

Baffling. I just don't understand how it all went so wrong.

JĂŒrgen said, if we are going to go out, let's go out in style.

We went out without a F***ing whimper, is what hurts so much, even some 27 hours later.

Honestly thought after that first goal the flood gates would open both sides Ian. I honestly thought pre there’d be least 5 goals between both clubs. Perfect start but just couldn’t follow through. My stance has never changed this end of the season! Squad size is everything, it’s simply not big enough and when you had the influx of injuries it was always going to take its toll. 

Can’t believe some of you muppets on here ( obviously not you ) are now questioning Klopps management skills 🤦‍♂ The mind boggles, can I have some of that   :cool-smiley-027:  to get  my brain cells in another place please. 😂 I need to chill 🤪🤪🤪
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #600: Apr 20, 2024 10:49:59 am
      I wonder if the reality of JĂŒrgen’s imminent departure and the uncertainty over who and what will succeed him is playing on players’ minds as we get towards the end of the season?
      Players tend to look after their own interests first despite fans thinking that they ‘love the club.’ This may be most true when things aren’t great on the pitch. I’d like to believe our lads are better than that, but I’m not sure about some.
      We need to remind ourselves that most of them were attracted to Liverpool because of JĂŒrgen above all else, and might be thinking, “Where’s my next move?”

Sad to think.

YNWA
      I'd guess once the players get on the pitch any thoughts about Klopp's departure are put on the back burner. There was no notable difference in play up until after the two Man U games.( We hammered them twice and were unlucky not to win them both) Those results more than anything else seems to have got to the players, all of a sudden there was signs of palpable doubt in the team. The constant media coverage of our million missed chances has become a burden, and in trying to combat it we have become overly frantic and all shape and rhythm has gone out the window. For me Klopp leaving isn't the reason for the recent downturn.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #601: Apr 20, 2024 10:59:43 am
      Need to put this result aside, and try to muster as many points as possible in the remaing six games.

Starting at Fulham tomorrow, need to hit the target, trying not to concede any silly goals.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #602: Apr 20, 2024 12:08:07 pm
      I'd guess once the players get on the pitch any thoughts about Klopp's departure are put on the back burner. There was no notable difference in play up until after the two Man U games.( We hammered them twice and were unlucky not to win them both) Those results more than anything else seems to have got to the players, all of a sudden there was signs of palpable doubt in the team. The constant media coverage of our million missed chances has become a burden, and in trying to combat it we have become overly frantic and all shape and rhythm has gone out the window. For me Klopp leaving isn't the reason for the recent downturn.

I wouldn’t disagree with most of that Longy, not scoring and going on to drop points when your battering the arch rivals twice in short order, then not scoring v Palace must have had the boys questioning themselves and that can become a self-fulfilling prophecy (its not happening for us, the pundits must be right, we’re cursed, etc).

But I can’t imagine a universe where the JK departure and the nature of it would not play on the group’s collective mindset and morale at all.
      It must. And what happens off the pitch impacts what happens on it, they don’t exist in isolation.

Plus I dont think we were playing that well pre-Man Utd, but we found ways to win, sometimes luckily.

Wish I felt more positive going forward.
      YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #603: Apr 20, 2024 02:04:51 pm
      This is no FIFIA 24. This is high profile football and there is a reason why things we did to Barca in 2019 happen very few times.

How about Dortmund before that?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #604: Apr 20, 2024 06:44:27 pm
      Basically we didn’t have an answer to the man marking hard press. The reason seems to be that the players can’t think on their feet 🤷‍♂
      If time after time, our keeper has the ball with no one free to give it to, surely you’d put the big lads up top and go long 🤷‍♂
      No good with Diaz and Mo up there. Totally out fought by players 8 inches taller and 3 stone heavier.
      It would have fu**ed up their man marking and opened up spaces for us.

But as always, nothing changed. 😱
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #605: Apr 20, 2024 07:18:21 pm
      You can see the doubt in our players, something we’re not used to seeing

Quick Reply