Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

On this day:

Read 58833 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 363 posts | 220 
      Re: On this day:
      Reply #375: May 03, 2021 03:27:27 pm
      Still remember seeing the board go up and saying 6 minutes.  My heart sunk, was physically drained afterwards and slept all the way home.

It was the most excruciating 90 minutes ever. As Brian says, time froze when Gudjohnsen unleashed that shot. When he struck I knew it was in... only it wasn't! My word, the chills from that night is unreal. Along with Barcelona two years ago, Anfield never sounded better. I think it was even more remarkable against Chelsea given that there was no let up in pressure all night.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,613 posts | 5317 
      Reply #376: May 03, 2021 06:10:45 pm
      It was the most excruciating 90 minutes ever. As Brian says, time froze when Gudjohnsen unleashed that shot. When he struck I knew it was in... only it wasn't! My word, the chills from that night is unreal. Along with Barcelona two years ago, Anfield never sounded better. I think it was even more remarkable against Chelsea given that there was no let up in pressure all night.

The Chelsea semi of 05 is the loudest I've ever heard Anfield. That was 20 years of frustration of watching other teams get their hands on our trophy. The fans played a massive part of the night dragging the team over the line.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,613 posts | 5317 
      Reply #377: May 06, 2021 07:02:00 pm
      One of our greatest captains was born:

https://twitter.com/TheKop_com/status/1390185055478161409
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,921 posts | 1990 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #378: May 06, 2021 10:17:47 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,411 posts | 4359 
      Reply #379: May 06, 2021 11:44:50 pm

during the MAn U love fest on SKY he was the only one to speak the truth whilst the others squirmed and made excuses.
      A cracking player better Captain .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,361 posts | 917 
      Reply #380: May 07, 2021 06:32:36 am
      My hero as a lad, absolute dynamite as a player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,921 posts | 1990 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #381: May 07, 2021 09:42:53 am
      How is this 2 years ago.......

May 7th 2019

LIVERPOOL 4

Barcelona 0

What a f**king night
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,247 posts | 838 
      Reply #382: May 07, 2021 05:43:24 pm
      My hero as a lad, absolute dynamite as a player.

And me. My favourite midfield player in a red shirt.  But just realised i'm a year older than him  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,022 posts | 3031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #383: May 07, 2021 07:04:46 pm
      How is this 2 years ago.......

May 7th 2019

LIVERPOOL 4

Barcelona 0

What a f**king night

If Carlsberg did come back’s,

What a night, what a performance, no Salah, no Bobby, Robbo giving Messi a wee head rub, Divock’s opener, Gini’s double, and that corner, Awww that corner, it’s a thing of beauty, and Divock’s icing on the cake, everyone, all the staff arm in arm in front of the Kop singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, sheer and unadulterated exctasy, it’s one of those nights where in decades to come ppl will say, ‘I Was There’,  I wasn’t but wish to f**k I had been, a moment frozen in time, etched into everybody’s mind,

Only Liverpool can do this kind of thing, it’s what separate’s is from the rest, others may get to a CL final, but they’ll never do it quite as dramatically as we can.

And it wasn’t the first time either, Olympiakos, Dortmund, AC Milan in Istanbul and then Barcelona……the story to be continued….

Y  N  W A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,744 posts | 4709 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #384: Yesterday at 01:16:54 am
      Will never forget that famous night.

Messi standing in the middle of Anfield, scoreboard reads 4-0 and the look on his face was f**king priceless!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 616 posts | 473 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #385: Yesterday at 02:30:49 pm
      Will never forget that famous night.

Messi standing in the middle of Anfield, scoreboard reads 4-0 and the look on his face was f**king priceless!

I was so lucky to be there, a night I will remember forever and one I will take to the grave with me, special nights at Anfield but this one has to be the best ever  !

Quick Reply