Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 68741 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #1012: Jan 22, 2012 01:32:10 pm
      I think it's basically they (apart from bellers) took one eye off the game yesterday as it was firmly looking forward to the next two games, understandable but also hard to forgive. I will, in time.

Apologies if someone's already said that but I can't read back as the missus has just found a mouse in the wardrobe and I've got to try and catch the little f**ker.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #1013: Jan 22, 2012 01:38:57 pm
      What Kenny said post-match, in my opinion, was the best thing he could have said, under the circumstances. The performance was terrible, absolutely shocking. On plenty of occasions this season we have been very unlucky, dropping points in games which we deserved to win. Even if we lack cutting edge or clinical finishing, I will always defend the team, if they have put in 110% effort. I wasn't disappointed last night, I was embarrassed.

I don't think many will argue with me when I say that that performance was embarrassing. There was a clear lack of effort by every player on the pitch, aside from Craig Bellamy and possibly Jordan Henderson. I don't think any blame can be aimed at Pepe, either. Even when we were trailing, you'd expect us to be throwing everything at them, but I was watching and seeing players just stroll around - we didn't even look like scoring!!

I'm glad Kenny came out and publicly criticized the team, because that's exactly what they deserved. Whether you think Kenny got the tactics wrong or whatever, if the opposition team plays with passion and a will to win, and your team doesn't, you will lose, no matter what the tactics. I support Kenny, and believe he has done a good job in a short space of time. Whoever is calling for his head, at this stage, is a complete idiot. Just think of the mess we were in, before he took over from Hodgson.

To end on, if there was ever a game where it showed just how much we miss Lucas, it was yesterday's. For me, it is as clear as the light of day that Adam and Gerrard can't play together. There is simply no balance in midfield. Adam can't play the 'Lucas' role to save his life, and needs to be dropped. He's been shockingly poor for weeks now.

I expect a completely different performance against City.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1014: Jan 22, 2012 01:53:10 pm
      It was an utterly baffling and depressing performance - agree with Blood it was worse than Spurs because we had full complement of bodies on pitch. Everyone seemed out of touch - Enrique in first half hour was atrocious, like a completely different player from the rest of the season. Adam, Carroll and Johnson looked like they needed explaining what the ball was for. Communication was poor, players running into one and other etc. Kenny obviously feels they weren't 100% focused on the game and I suspect he felt this wasn't without warning with the extent to which he called them publicly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1015: Jan 22, 2012 02:17:23 pm
      you are the biggest clown of a fan. Havent a f**king clue about game but because someone talks sense which doesn't suit your superfan agenda you think u can abuse them. Your a very weak poster and that post is pathetic. I think it is fair to say at this stage i ain't guessing. Dunno what type fan u are but u are indeed clue less

Okay so how am I the biggest clown of a fan? Elaborate please.

I'm a very weak poster? Fair enough that's your opinion. But coming from a guy who is approaching 15000 posts (of which I will read one day if I ever need that little extra nudge towards suicide) and still not taken the time to learn how to start and end sentences as well as basic spelling I take a little offence. Not much just a little.

Oh and that post pathetic? Well my Karma went up more than once I'll tell you so I'm not alone in believing the points made. Can't of been that bad.

Oh and can you also explain the Superfan comment too? I am just dying to know how what I have pointed out constitutes a 'Superfan agenda'.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1016: Jan 22, 2012 02:22:02 pm
      Mate im getting sick of the cheap shots from posters like what a hit. Some posters are more concerned with what other posters say then what happens on the pitch. What a hit is a prime example of that.

I totally and utterly disagree with you saying that my post was a cheap shot and that it was posted to get a reaction.

90 odd posts in defeat and 2 when winning away at City in a Semi is an absolute disgrace. Not the first example either.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1017: Jan 22, 2012 02:23:18 pm
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1018: Jan 22, 2012 02:33:05 pm
      Should dock them pay for below par performances,thats the only way to stop  doing these walkabouts.

That would make no difference. Yesterday they were flat yes, poor yes. I genuinely don't think by threatening to take a percentage of their wages would make them lift themselves. I'm sure most people on this site know that players have off days in games, it happens, they don't go out to think they won't try. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Players when they are out there want to win, simple as that. Thinking at half time they may lose a few grand wouldn't have changed their want to win. Football isn't as simple as that. Dropping players who were sh*t will have more of an effect than taking a few quid off multi millionaires.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1019: Jan 22, 2012 02:38:21 pm
      You and your little group are like playground bullies F**k me putting each others karma up for winding me up is pretty pathetic to be honest.  Really sad stuff.  Your original post was out of order and a blatant wind up.  im not wasting any more time on posters like you clear what ye are up to.  Id tell you to put me on ignore but i fear you'd have nothing to post about
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1020: Jan 22, 2012 02:38:36 pm
      It tells me to tell you's to stop arguing on about it lads.

You've all said your bits, leave it at that.

We had a bad results tensions are high, not worth getting banned or warned over really is it ?

:lmao:  :lmao:   :lmao:    :lmao:    :lmao: 

F***ing belter that Blood!!

Imagine Mac Red got let back on today  :D

Early contender for funniest post of 2012.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1021: Jan 22, 2012 02:40:16 pm
      Imagine Mac Red got let back on today  :D

If he came back today mate he'd stay on Ignore. ;)

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1022: Jan 22, 2012 02:43:11 pm
      Because you can't back up what you've said. Period.

Playground bullies? What? I imagine the karma went up in agreement.

We'll leave it at I'm a weak poster and you are a self obsessed negative fan.

EDIT: I am not in any group on here and never have been. Again, don't make things up unless you can back them up.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1023: Jan 22, 2012 02:46:39 pm
      Not as true for me, I gave Woy a chance, he threw that chance back at the supporters and largely because of his own actions, became a man who walked alone.  Kenny has been like day to Hodgson's night and whilst I've not agreed with all his decisions, he's done nothing to earn some of the venom I've seen posted and I still back him to the hilt.

Sorry Rodders I should explain better.

For me it's negative to boo anyone associated with the club at the games, I was at games under Roy including the wolves game and as much as I felt he was the wrong man I wouldn't boo. Roy was never the right man, the whole club was a mess though. Roy didn't understand the club or the fans and deserved that the owners made the decision for him to leave. But a manager needs time to get his stamp on and there is no way a year is that. As a club and team you will never get anywhere changing managers every twelve months, you start again every time.

Fans need to have more patience. Discuss issues fine but some of the things I've read and heard are not qualities that we as knowledgable fans should be saying.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1024: Jan 22, 2012 02:53:12 pm
      You really are talking some utter sh*te. Making up what exactly your the one questioning my level of support. Look if you problem you should be dealt with through pm or by adding me to the ignore list. Instead of going off topic to have a go off me make yourself look good to a couple of other clowns on here.  The same clowns who put up your karma for a wind up post.  This is my last post on this matter in this thread. Sorry for going off topic to people that want to genuinely talk about the game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1025: Jan 22, 2012 02:56:42 pm
      But a manager needs time to get his stamp on and there is no way a year is that. As a club and team you will never get anywhere changing managers every twelve months, you start again every time.

Leaving Hodgson aside as he quickly made it clear he wasn't up to the job you are right in that time is needed for a manager to fully get team to play as he wants them to and Kenny is only beginning the job.

The problem is Kenny is only doing a good job when he buys players they like and selects the team and formation they want to see.

Everyone almost to a man, or woman, was delighted with the team selected yesterday yet when we play as poor as we did some then criticise the manager for the team and how we play. Just doesn't make any sense.

They do but unfortunately many do not have the patience required.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1026: Jan 22, 2012 03:06:14 pm
      As long as we turn up en-mass Weds get behind the team and get the result we want who will care about yesterday
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1027: Jan 22, 2012 03:15:49 pm
      You really are talking some utter sh*te. Making up what exactly your the one questioning my level of support. Look if you problem you should be dealt with through pm or by adding me to the ignore list. Instead of going off topic to have a go off me make yourself look good to a couple of other clowns on here.  The same clowns who put up your karma for a wind up post.  This is my last post on this matter in this thread. Sorry for going off topic to people that want to genuinely talk about the game.

Not trying to look good to anybody. Again you are making things up.

As you cannot answer any of the questions I asked earlier and have failed to explain how 90 posts after a defeat compared to just 2 after a win against City is justifiable I will leave it too but I stand by everything I said on the matter.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1028: Jan 22, 2012 03:15:51 pm
      Leaving Hodgson aside as he quickly made it clear he wasn't up to the job you are right in that time is needed for a manager to fully get team to play as he wants them to and Kenny is only beginning the job.

The problem is Kenny is only doing a good job when he buys players they like and selects the team and formation they want to see.

Everyone almost to a man, or woman, was delighted with the team selected yesterday yet when we play as poor as we did some then criticise the manager for the team and how we play. Just doesn't make any sense.

They do but unfortunately many do not have the patience required.

True.. I doubt many were unhappy with the team selection.. Tbh, we all thought it would have done the job..
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1029: Jan 22, 2012 03:31:16 pm
      Lucas, and to a lesser degree Spearing, are more than simply a midfield anchor in front of the defense.

Personally I'd like to see us play with one of those two whenever possible BUT two internationals and the England u21 captain played last night and between the three of them, who all 'should' be good enough to, no one looked like they has any concept of tracking runners and/or occupying that crucial space in front of the back four. Everyone was sh*te last night but special attention needs to be paid to how our midfield managed to allow their midfield to pour down the middle of ours. Henderson at least was in theory meant to be tucked in right midfield but all three let us down early on and left us with a mountain to climb.

Gerrard and Adam are not compatible.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1030: Jan 22, 2012 03:34:16 pm
      True.. I doubt many were unhappy with the team selection.. Tbh, we all thought it would have done the job..

Gerrard and Adam was always going to be a problem
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1031: Jan 22, 2012 03:36:17 pm
      Gerrard and Adam are is not compatible.  :f_whistle: Too slow above the shoulders, and really too slow below the waist
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1032: Jan 22, 2012 03:37:02 pm
      Gerrard and Adam was a problem Corbally but let's be honest Kenny was hardly asking them to reinvent the wheel.

He asked two international players to try and keep balance against a bottom three team.

Those two should have been able, for only ninety minutes, to do that job against a team as poor as that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1033: Jan 22, 2012 03:38:55 pm
      I'm really glad Kenny made those post match comments yesterday. Some of our players need a boot up the ass.

Look, there are bad games, but then there are bad games with no effort. And besides Bellamy, I didn't see much effort out there. Where was the heart, the pride, and the desire?

Reina played well in terms of his distribution and clearances. I don't think he really had a chance on any of the goals.

The back four was awful yesterday. Worse than the loss to Spurs. Johnson had a bad game, Enrique was awful, Skrtel looked like he didn't know what he was doing (I blame Steve Clarke's "we want him more aggressive" stuff to the official site  ;D), and Agger didn't defend well. Agger was good going forward, though.

Midfield was bad stuff yesterday too. Adam and Gerrard in the center is a massive mistake. Too lazy to defend. Henderson out wide just ain't happening, and Maxi had a stinker too, didn't he? To be fair though, we can't expect Maxi to not play for weeks on end and then come into the side and dominate.

Bellamy was excellent. Excellent. Best bit of business this summer!

Carroll. I don't know what to say anymore. He had a great 15 minutes where he linked up with Bellamy beautifully. Those 15 minutes gave me so much hope. Then the miskick brought me back down to Earth. At this point, I'm just holding up my hands. I'm at a loss for words.

I'm sure some will blame Kenny for the team yesterday. I don't, actually. Other than having Gerrard and Adam partnered, I think he had the right personnel out there to win. Maybe a tactical change and a formation switch would have been better, but these are supposed to be good players at a supposed to be big club. They just really let him - and us - down yesterday.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1034: Jan 22, 2012 03:55:50 pm
      Oh and that post pathetic? Well my Karma went up more than once I'll tell you so I'm not alone in believing the points made. Can't of been that bad.

Which completely reinforces corbally's point of you playing to the crowd.  Taking cheap shots at fellow supporters to gain popularity on an internet forum IMHO is far worse than being a pessimist.

Quick Reply