Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 68854 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #1035: Jan 22, 2012 04:09:34 pm
      The end of the off topic slagging please.

First of all, I was too bitterly disappointed last night when I got home from the ground. I was going to post my thoughts but thought I'd wait until today when I've had time to take it in. It was that F***ing cold in the Reebok last night though, I've woke up with a nasty sore throat and feel like sh*te!!

I was pleased Kenny came out and said what he thought. Although some players may not look up to the job of playing for Liverpool, that doesn't give them an excuse to not put the effort in. I've never really thought Kuyt has been a great footballer, but he still had the right attitude to play in a red shirt.

What we saw last night was the attitude of a lion when he's just had his scran! Lazy, lethargic , unenthusiastic and complacent.

Hardly anyone. ANYONE! Would run forward with the ball. It either looked like we were relying on square passing to get us three points or we didn't have a F***ing clue what to do with the ball. The attitude stunk!

That really was as bad as Blackburn away last season. But of course with different contrasts.

A big tough run of games are heading our way and if we don't pull our socks up, we are going to be on the receiving end quite badly. Too many times now this season we've came out with the wrong attitude to playing football. Alright, maybe the tactics could have been better in one or two games and again, maybe one or two players such as Adam, Carroll and Downing are not good enough (my opinion). But the collective attitude of our team in a lot of games has stunk!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1036: Jan 22, 2012 04:56:39 pm
      Actually feel that's another thing that Carroll has an impact on the team in. When the team see Suarez hassling defenders and defending from the front it inspires other and drives them to do the same. Unfortunately Adam has the same lethargic presence, zero tempo to his play and no ability to hurry things along and can slow us down to the point of becoming completely stagnant. Another reason I always like a fast ball playing midfielder and striker combination because you always have that tempo changing ability which with Carroll and Adam in the team we'll never have.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1037: Jan 22, 2012 05:05:37 pm
      Why is it wrong?

You know that The Liverpool Way involves not criticising Kenny Dalglish, regardless of the situation. He bears no responsibility and no pressure either. If we finish 4th, 7th, or 10th, we just move on with him into next season. He cannot be fired, unless the owners want to see a G&H protest or two.

Seriously?

Is it the Liverpool way to tear down these players? Or to rip into Henderson who was played out of position?

Ridiculous.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1038: Jan 22, 2012 05:28:51 pm
      On a positive note, Fergie spent £18m on De Gaea
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1039: Jan 22, 2012 05:35:10 pm

Gerrard and Adam are not compatible.

That sums up why ystdy went wrong. As well as commitment after going down early doors.  We were just crap.

They all deserved a bollocking and they got it.

Hopefully they will come out fighting now !
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1040: Jan 22, 2012 05:54:38 pm
      On a positive note, Fergie spent £18m on De Gaea
      I expect De Gea to come good, given time.

Which he will get being a Man U player, the bas**rds can afford to let expensive, well paid players find there feet or hands in De Gea case
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1041: Jan 22, 2012 06:09:01 pm
      Well out of all the teams competing for Champions League football with the exception of City and United who are competing for something else all together, only Chelsea picked up a point, putting them 6 points of ahead of us.

Puts yesterday into perspective, yes we could have capitalised, but we haven't really fell behind either so the result is not as bad as first feared in that sense.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1042: Jan 22, 2012 06:16:13 pm
      Right I have settled down now and got rid of my anger,what I would like to see is the players respond to all this criticism  and prove it was a one off and do a good job for us against City.I hope that the words of Kenny Dalglish does not go in one ear and out the other and they have learned that failure is not acceptable at Liverpool Football Club.It is time for the real REDS to show up and for ALL RED supporters to regroup and get behind Kenny and the lads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1043: Jan 22, 2012 06:22:00 pm
      I was pleased Kenny came out and said what he thought. Although some players may not look up to the job of playing for Liverpool, that doesn't give them an excuse to not put the effort in. I've never really thought Kuyt has been a great footballer, but he still had the right attitude to play in a red shirt.

Fair points raised.

Agree with them all.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1044: Jan 22, 2012 06:24:04 pm
      Well out of all the teams competing for Champions League football with the exception of City and United who are competing for something else all together, only Chelsea picked up a point, putting them 6 points of ahead of us.

Puts yesterday into perspective, yes we could have capitalised, but we haven't really fell behind either so the result is not as bad as first feared in that sense.
      Personally it annoys me even more that we were guaranteed to gain on at least two of the clubs ahead of us in the league

We are so close to finishing in the top 4, our players should be up for every game, starting each one as if it were a cup final
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1045: Jan 22, 2012 06:34:21 pm
      our players should be up for every game, starting each one as if it were a cup final

We'd all love to see that, i'd love to see every play have the passion & commitment of Bellamy, but not every player has that fire in his belly like Bellars.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1046: Jan 22, 2012 06:40:11 pm
      Results went our way today. We can still make 4th if we sign the right players within the next 9 days.

We are 1 point behind 5th, we can still have a successful season if we kick on.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #1047: Jan 22, 2012 06:45:20 pm
      Results went our way today. We can still make 4th if we sign the right players within the next 9 days.

We are 1 point behind 5th, we can still have a successful season if we kick on.
      Very true, but we can't keep on hoping that other teams slip up! We have to do it for ourselves.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1048: Jan 22, 2012 06:47:42 pm
      We'd all love to see that, i'd love to see every play have the passion & commitment of Bellamy, but not every player has that fire in his belly like Bellars.
      Bellamy might have a bit to much fire at times

All the Liverpool players should show 100% commitment in every game

We are so closes to the top 4, we just need to get a run going and we could cruise into forth place
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #1049: Jan 22, 2012 06:51:25 pm
      Bellamy might have a bit to much fire at times

All the Liverpool players should show 100% commitment in every game

We are so closes to the top 4, we just need to get a run going and we could cruise into forth place

Agree, but without all that fire he wouldn't be the same player.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1050: Jan 22, 2012 06:58:43 pm
      It's amazing how one or two bad buys can cost you so much.

If Carroll and Downing had been any kind of successes we would be in fourth considering how weak Chelsea and Arsenal have been this season. The fact both players have been so poor and can't score in a whvrehouse means we spent 55m on two impotent attackers and are struggling badly for the goals to get us over the line to 4th.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1051: Jan 22, 2012 07:16:26 pm
      Right I have settled down now and got rid of my anger,what I would like to see is the players respond to all this criticism  and prove it was a one off and do a good job for us against City.I hope that the words of Kenny Dalglish does not go in one ear and out the other and they have learned that failure is not acceptable at Liverpool Football Club.It is time for the real REDS to show up and for ALL RED supporters to regroup and get behind Kenny and the lads.
      Same....
      The honeymoon is officially over....
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1052: Jan 23, 2012 12:59:00 pm
      What it was is just another bad day at the office, which is compounded by our lack of early season form.
      If we all consider that the reason we are so upset is that we should be fighting and sweating blood to get into the top 4, then it makes sense to not dwell on this result, but simply say...it was always coming. We know that every team has their bad days at least 2-3 games a season... however because we failed to finish off those 5home games and a few other away matches which we dominated, we are now anxious regarding results keeping us out of the top4.

Luckily the results went in our favour this weekend, and there are still a few things to play for. Just imagine beating City, then Suarez returning to defeat Utd, and the season has a totally different complexion.

They were poor against Bolton and i believe kenny and his team will sort them out and get them ready for the next game...so i am still content.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1053: Jan 23, 2012 01:24:44 pm
      No MOTM - everyone was sh*te.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1054: Jan 23, 2012 01:36:21 pm
      No MOTM - everyone was sh*te.

No need for a poll as there can only be one winner.

Bellamy by a mile.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1055: Jan 23, 2012 01:44:49 pm

No need for a poll as there can only be one winner.

Bellamy by a mile.

No-one had a good game in my opinion. No one
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1056: Jan 23, 2012 02:15:37 pm
      the Kenny out brigade will love this.

Thankfully some still have sense.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1057: Jan 23, 2012 06:13:04 pm
      Awful, totally F***ing awful performance! If the team want to play like that then they may as well just come out and say they will accept mid table because not a cat in hells chance do we deserve top 4 if we play like that. Once again we have dropped points in a game we should be bloody winning, we could have been well clear of Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle had we not time and time again cocked it up in a game that we should be comfortably winning! I'd bench the whole team apart from Bellamy, he was the only player showing any fight and desire, everyone else was woeful!! Enrique looked like he had seen a ghost from the moment the game kicked off, Agger, Skrtel and Johnson were all hesitating when it came to making a challenge and getting across! Adam was again piss poor, why we signed him i really don't know! the rest of the team that played were all as bad as the ones i have mentioned already. If we take that form into the cup games then we are going to well and truly get stuffed from both Manc teams!

Was glad to hear what Kenny said in his post match too! Roy fliiping Hodgson would have said we put in a spirited performance against the next Barcelona!

Disgrace and they had bloody well get their act together! If your not going to give 110% then piss off to another club, don't care if thats Reina, Gerrard or Agger, the same applies to the whole squad!

Rant over.

Quick Reply