Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 68894 times
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #1058: Jan 24, 2012 06:06:59 am
      i think we simply fell into the old trap of under estimating the opponent. The players were mentally thinking of the Man City clash on Wednesday, and switched off thinking Bolton are so poor that this match would take care of itself.   We all know the same players are capable of playing much better, for example in the first leg of the Man City match.    You only have to drop your level 10% in this league and you come unstuck.   The team will improve with Suarez and Lucas back in it, but I do have to agree that Carroll is a dud.  I can understand Kenny buying him because he was playing well at Newcastle.  I am not sure what's happened to him but I think he has "big pecker syndrome"     that is a mental block some players have whereby they play great in a weak team, but when they go up a level  and don't feel like the star player they cannot perform.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1059: Jan 24, 2012 11:16:14 pm
      I am not sure what's happened to him but I think he has "big pecker syndrome"     that is a mental block some players have whereby they play great in a weak team, but when they go up a level  and don't feel like the star player they cannot perform

Brilliant!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1060: Jan 25, 2012 11:01:13 am

Quick Reply