Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 70315 times
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #874: Jan 21, 2012 10:30:32 pm
      For the first time this season i feel really really pissed off at the team. Cant remember a worse performance in a long time. 

No complaints about the starting 11 for me, i think most of us would have been happy with it. However the defending, not just from the back 4, was shocking. It was like we were letting them in and expecting them to make a mess of it, far too complacent and a definite lack of respect for our opponents.  No imagination going forward either, i couldn't really see us adding to Bellamy's goal.

I know people are critical of certain players, saying they aren't good enough to have the liverbird on their chest and there is without doubt evidence of that. However no matter how limited we may think some of our players are, we should still have had more than enough to take away 3 points.

What really annoys me is that we can make Bolton look like Real Madrid, and make Real Madrid look like Bolton.....so F***ing frustrating.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #875: Jan 21, 2012 10:31:56 pm

Agreed. Get Morgan in there, even when Luis comes back. He'll find the net.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #876: Jan 21, 2012 10:46:26 pm
      I don't think Adam Morgan can do any worse.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #877: Jan 21, 2012 10:48:40 pm
      Agreed. Get Morgan in there, even when Luis comes back. He'll find the net.

Id love Morgan to be the next Fowler etc etc... but you need to be realistic, he was brought into the ressies earlier this season and and didnt kick on and is back with the u18s... He was out of form today again with them.

He has talent but i dont think now when the pressure is so high is the time to throw him into the first team.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #878: Jan 21, 2012 10:49:46 pm
      Id love Morgan to be the next Fowler etc etc... but you need to be realistic, he was brought into the ressies earlier this season and and didnt kick on and is back with the u18s... He was out of form today again with them.

He has talent but i dont think now when the pressure is so high is the time to throw him into the first team.

Dunno didnt see the u-18 today but heard morgan is really struggling at the moment
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #879: Jan 21, 2012 10:52:47 pm

Read today that Morgan hasn't scored since October
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #880: Jan 21, 2012 10:52:57 pm
      Morgan isn't ready. Carroll isn't performing so we clearly need one of two things now; 1. Kuyt starts scoring and we make do till summer with him playing back-up to Suarez. 2. We got out and sign a genuinely top draw striker.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #881: Jan 21, 2012 10:53:30 pm
      Today was very poor, possibly the worst for a long time, worse than Spurs away imo, they are sh*te and we made them look good. Minds on something else?

We just didnt get started, the midfield two need to understand that what goes on behind them is just as important as what they do going forward. No one showed much tonight, we just never got out the blocks and at the point we had the momentum we gave them a goal from poor defending again at the begining of the second half.

On a day we needed to perform we didnt, simple as that. A real bad day at the office.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #882: Jan 21, 2012 10:55:42 pm
      Dunno didnt see the u-18 today but heard morgan is really struggling at the moment

I did and he is, he isnt ready yet, i want him to as much as the next man but he has been put back down a level for a reason.

Wasnt great today and missed a pen. Needs time not chucking into a pressured first team right now. Not the answer yet.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #883: Jan 21, 2012 10:57:40 pm
      Fair enough paisleydalglish but wev had too many of them now the last few months. We cant keep making excuses the players we have just arent creative enough. Our defence had a rare off day which means wev no chance because we never look like scoring without suarez. We didn score much with suarez but the chances he created wer unreal
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #884: Jan 21, 2012 10:57:41 pm
      Morgan isn't ready. Carroll isn't performing so we clearly need one of two things now; 1. Kuyt starts scoring and we make do till summer with him playing back-up to Suarez. 2. We got out and sign a genuinely top draw striker.

Id love it to be the second but what genuine top draw striker will be available in January?

Id go balls out for Jovetic myself. Behind Suarez.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #885: Jan 21, 2012 10:58:41 pm
      Fair enough paisleydalglish but wev had too many of them now the last few months. We cant keep making excuses the players we have just arent creative enough. Our defence had a rare off day which means wev no chance because we never look like scoring without suarez. We didn score much with suarez but the chances he created wer unreal

Sorry mate whats the point your making? Of the ones ive made i mean?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #886: Jan 21, 2012 11:03:30 pm
      Id love it to be the second but what genuine top draw striker will be available in January?

Id go balls out for Jovetic myself. Behind Suarez.

Supposedly Chelsea enquired and they were told no way
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #887: Jan 21, 2012 11:05:11 pm
      You said it was a bad day at the office but its alot worse than that. Wev been spineless since lucas got injured. Wev looked unimaginative since suarez has  been out. Point is where not near as good as we think and its not just a bad day at the office its every week wer all moaning we lack creativity
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #888: Jan 21, 2012 11:05:49 pm
      Supposedly Chelsea enquired and they were told no way

Everyone has a price and i think he would improve us immediately.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #889: Jan 21, 2012 11:08:57 pm
      First time Bolton have scored three goals in a league against Liverpool since 1950 .

Fahct.

Kenny has officially said it is the worst performance of the team since he returned to the club as manager.

HOWEVER  ..................

Could this be a cunning plan just before the City game ?

Think.

We really couldnt have been that sh*te ...could we ?

Is this Plan 47  to confuse the enemy and give them a false sense of confidence?

Could we have sacrificed three points losing the battle to win the war ?

This is the only reasonable explanation !
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #890: Jan 21, 2012 11:09:28 pm
      Very poor indeed ,cant  quite believe what ive just watched,bloody awful apart from bellers,total sh*t.:(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #891: Jan 21, 2012 11:10:19 pm
      Read today that Morgan hasn't scored since October

Well he'd certainly be more up for it than Carroll is at the moment.

Of course, neither are my preferred option. We should just do the logical thing and bring a new striker in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #892: Jan 21, 2012 11:11:46 pm
      Definately the worst performance I've seen from us this season and when we make the bottom club look like a good team we know the effort wasn't there from the players.

The only player to come out with any credit today was Bellamy who showed the desire and attitude along with some good football which was severely lacking from the rest.

Defensively we were poor and conceded three sloppy goals with Enrique having one of the worst games, if not the worst, since he arrived.

Maxi was almost non existent with Henderson much the same although it could be argued he was playing slightly out if position.

Centre midfield was a disaster and Gerrard and Adamjust didn't get a grip on any defensive duties and offered little in attack. They may not be a perfect combination in midfield but they are much better than theh showed today especially Stevie but he is still coming back from injury. Adam did virtually nothing apart from giving away needless free kicks and lucky to be in the side given recent performances and I'd be shocked if he starts on Wednesday. Shelvey would ioffer much more and must be itching to get a start.

On Carroll don't really know what to say as he done nothing drastically wrong but again was on the periphery of the game and even though his game relies on service he can't just drift through games and has to start making a few chances for himself.

I personally don't feel the manager made a mistake today as I like many others at 5.00 was well pleased with the team selected so I'm not going to turn now and blame the manager.

It was one of those games where the players let Kenny, the club and us fans down and I'm sure will not be repeated on Wednesday night.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #893: Jan 21, 2012 11:11:50 pm
      You said it was a bad day at the office but its alot worse than that. Wev been spineless since lucas got injured. Wev looked unimaginative since suarez has  been out. Point is where not near as good as we think and its not just a bad day at the office its every week wer all moaning we lack creativity

Its not as simple as that for me, we fundamenatly got the start wrong, no one in midfield picked up their runners and we were behind the 8 ball straight away. In games like this against sides who lack in confidence dont give them anything early. If we had started as well as we did at City in the league cup we wouldnt have lost this game. The simple fact is we started poorly and got worse.

You're essentially saying we are a 2 man team, thats not right. Kenny needs to have more than one transfer window to transform this depleated squad, people who are knee jerking after 12 months are F***ing idiots  for me.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #894: Jan 21, 2012 11:14:19 pm
      No excuses for thinking about Wed. BIrmingham won the Carling Cup not so long ago and where are they?? Prem is a priority every time. END OF!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #895: Jan 21, 2012 11:14:29 pm
      Our performance in our last game against Stoke was appalling, from what I have read this game was even worse..... strong signals that we need reinforcements. 

I just hope the money is made available to bring in a couple of top quality signings....... I still have a few doubts and concerns about our new owners, hopefully they will show they are groundless fears by opening their cheque book now rather than waiting till the summer.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #896: Jan 21, 2012 11:16:54 pm
      No excuses for thinking about Wed. BIrmingham won the Carling Cup not so long ago and where are they?? Prem is a priority every time. END OF!

I don't think Kenny did mate but possibly quite a few players did and I'm sure that mistake will not be made again as the boss has made that clear.

Quick Reply