Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

You're Kenny, we need 5 changes, so who goes out and who comes in?

Read 9100 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      You're Kenny, we need 5 changes, so who goes out and who comes in?
      Jan 22, 2012 06:58:56 pm
      Apologies if there is a similar thread.

After yesterday's abysmal display from all but two or three players, and of the recent performances against lowly teams we should be brushing aside, is it time for Kenny to gamble and try something different,

we've had 22 games now to nurture, coach, tinkle and generally get the side playing as one unit, full of confidence and up there among the top 4 challenging/or at least being considered as serious challengers,

nothing seems to be working, lack of goals has cost us dear for example, yes we have had to do without Stevie, but we cant keep relying on him to pick us up everytime, we have missed Lucas to but again we should be able to cope,

so is it time to to give our so called main players a kick up the jacksey, and render them a spell in the ressies, so i reckon 5 changes are needed, so which 5 goes out and which 5 come in, these are mine......

Out, Maxi, Kuyt, Downing, Adam, Carroll,

In, Suso, Adorjan, Sterling, Coady, Morgan,

i'm not to bothered about reputations, i'm not even bothered with price tags, what i am bothered about tho is how much more frutration, disappointment, are we to put up with from professional footballers thinking they have made it because they represent LFC,

i hope Kenny absolutley hammers the players after yesterday, i'm sure he will, can you imagine what Shanks would have done?

i believe if after this month, we are out of the FA cup, have no real hope of CL football next season, we should start preparing for next season,start blooding the young guns, get them involved with the pace of the prem, the blood and thunder, get used to crowds and atmosphere's,

i dont expect Kenny to make wholesale changes for this wednesday's semi, that would be suicidal, so i would be saying to the players, you have two games to show why we brought you here,

IMO, its a must we buy now this window,maybe the Bolton game was the reminder to KD & DC  that we need to pronto,expecially a striker,

so lads and ladettes who would drop and who would you bring in?
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2012 07:00:06 pm by redkenny »
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: You're Kenny, we need 5 changes, so who goes out and who comes in?
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2012 07:15:52 pm
      Possibly 5 is too many at once Billy. You need to drip feed these lads in or they may not kick on, myself if I had to look at this I'd go with 2, the two I think have a real chance at this moment in time to make an impression.
      I'd bring Coady in and Sterling, get them training with the first team and involved in the 16. These two for me are the closest to being able to make that step. With an outside chance from the bench here and there of young Morgan, but I just don't think he is quite ready yet.

Coady and Sterling I think could make an impact right now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2012 07:35:19 pm
      Possibly 5 is too many at once Billy. You need to drip feed these lads in or they may not kick on, myself if I had to look at this I'd go with 2, the two I think have a real chance at this moment in time to make an impression.
      I'd bring Coady in and Sterling, get them training with the first team and involved in the 16. These two for me are the closest to being able to make that step. With an outside chance from the bench here and there of young Morgan, but I just don't think he is quite ready yet.

Coady and Sterling I think could make an impact right now.

You maybe right fella,to many at once, but, i don't think they would or could do much worse, especially after the results after this month, say for example we get to the Carling cup final, and do F**k all else, i would seriously think about it then,

i'm aware that to many changes at once would be a massive gamble, but how hungry would those lads be, have a solid back 4 of Kelly,Skrtle,Agger,Enrique, Gerrard and Coady sat in front,with Bellers and Sterling providing the width, and Suarez and Morgan up top, obviously Suarez is still out so maybe Adorjan in there with Adam, they play in the ressies so know each others game, massive gamble i agree but got to be worth a go.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2012 07:37:11 pm
      Wouldn't mind Silva, Adorjan and Coady featuring in the squad.
      As for dropping players,
      I don't think Carroll and Downing could argue about being dropped and Adam's performance has been poor since we lost Lucas.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2012 07:47:17 pm
      OUT: Adam, Downing, Maxi
      IN: Kuyt, Spearing (if fit, if not Coates at DM), Shelvey
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2012 08:09:30 pm
      I'd prefer to see Agger played as DM if Spearing isn't fit or Carra even though I agree he doesn't really have the pace, but he does have the game intelligence to put him far ahead of the likes of Adam. Coady isn't ready to be thrown in at this point of the season, if he plays well sure it will do him the world of good but imagine him making a mistake that costs us a place in either cup, not what a developing young player needs and unfair to stick him in that situation.

Carroll needs dropping but our lack of options hurt hard, Bellamy up front on his own is asking a lot of him at his age but I'd prefer to take that option personally with Gerrard and Shelvey supporting behind him, Maxi on the left wing and Johnson on the right wing with Kelly coming in behind him.

Reina
            Kelly          Skrtel          Agger      Enrique
                                     Spearing
      Johnson                                                    Maxi
                          Shelvey           Gerrard
                                      Bellamy

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2012 08:31:13 pm
      Billy the young players you think should be  brought in might be up to it they may not be up to it , but the one thing they would give you is maximum effort and that should be the minimum this team gives , something this current bunch certainly is not.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2012 09:45:00 pm
      Why the hell would you drop maxi, hes our 3rd best goal threat this season for chances converted?

All those youth players are too inexperienced to move up at the moment but are all promising, although one or two more bad results will really end our 4th place hopes so maybe now is the time to blood them in.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2012 10:00:04 pm
      Five changes would be too many for me but I'd love to see what Sterling can do off the bench in a couple of games. The lad is blessed with pace and trickery and he will get defenders on the back foot and run at players. His skill set is everything we don't have and everything we need at the moment. I don't know if he's ready but there's truly only one way to find out. Coady is the other lad who might be worth a look at given our problems at the DM position and our lack of balance when Spearing isn't available.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 22, 2012 10:04:11 pm
      Want to see Sterling in...
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Jan 22, 2012 10:11:51 pm
      The Bolton game sis the only one we have played badly in. Like Kenny said they had their minds on other games. I we have to work to get our team playing the way Kenny wants. It's no good buying a great play maker if there are no players to make clever runs off him. It's not like Madrid (who have spent heaps) are playing out of this world football, they just know the drill and stick to it. We need to keep playing our football. However it would be good to have a target man  like Torres who can score and stretch defences.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #11: Jan 22, 2012 11:00:58 pm
      5 changes is maybe a little too much but I'd really like Shelvey to get a run of games and drop Adam to the bench.

I'll be honest and admit I haven't got to see any reserve football this season so don't know how the lads are progressing but Coady and Sterling are two who could offer something to the first team from what I seen of them.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 22, 2012 11:18:05 pm
      I can't believe some of the things I'm reading,lads have use watched much of the reserve team this year?? Conor coady is a very basic footballer,no pace flys into rash tackles all the time and is very limited when it comes tonoassing,he hasn't got wot it takes to make the step up,just because he's a local lad ppl seem to think that gives them the right but it doesn't Adam Morgan is another I hear ppl talkin about but seriously lads have use watched him in the u18's recently?? Very very poor to say the least now I will say young sterling looks like a player who's got abit about him,wouldn't do him any harm gettin in round the 1st team squad

We've went from having players like alonso,mascherano in the DM position to lookin for players like coady spearing adam hendo and boys like tht to take us to the next level...  Reality check needed,Kenny needs to start lookin for quality players like we used to have,someone who can pick a pass which we're lacking ever since we lost xabi!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #13: Jan 22, 2012 11:28:20 pm
      5 changes isn't too many because ultimately there's at least 5 players, in the first team squad, who aren't performing to the standard Liverpool Football Club expect. Personally I've not been over impressed by Enrique in the last couple of weeks, he seems to of gone off the boil and was awful against Bolton as was Johnson on the other side - wouldn't mind seeing Kelly and Robinson being given their go to show these big name players that they're not infallible.

In the middle, Adam shouldn't be near the starting line up once our Jay is fit. Henderson, I still like the lad. Still see something in him though I do sometimes wonder what. Wouldn't mind Coady getting a run, allowing Jay to play a more advanced game as opposed to having to hold which isn't his natural game. His natural game is to be here, there and everywhere. Would also like Jackie Dunn to be rewarded with some games because he's a F***ing great player in the making.

Wide players, anyone but who've we currently got. Kuyt, Downing and Maxi simply aren't up to it. They're not good enough.

Up top, quite clear Andy Carroll isn't scoring goals. So swerve him out the side and lash Adam Morgan in.

F**k this bollocks of them not being old enough, some of our greatest players have been given debuts at an age when some would consider them not "old enough" and they've gone on to fair quite well. End of the day, they wouldn't be given a go if the first team players were doing a good enough job in the first place. They're replacing players playing under par - therefore there's nothing really to lose. If Morgan goes 5 games without a goal, what difference does it make to Andy Carroll going five games without a goal or on the other hand we could find ourselves a real gem and save us from splashing out millions on yet another F***ing average player.

Lash the kids in!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Jan 22, 2012 11:33:00 pm
      I'd definitely give Johnson a run on the wings and put Kelly right back.

Bring Shelvey into the squad and play Bellamy often if his knees allow.

Adam shouldn't be starting games at the moment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2012 11:33:46 pm
      If Morgan goes 5 games without a goal, what difference does it make to Andy Carroll going five games without a goal or on the other hand we could find ourselves a real gem and save us from splashing out millions on yet another f**king average player.

Excellent point here.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2012 11:49:27 pm
      Simply dnt get this Adam Morgan for the 1st team talk,the kid is playin shocking in the u18's and hasn't scored in a while there so wot makes you think he's the answer to our problems?? Granted Andys not playin well but for god sake it's not all his fault,buy a couple of wingers who cam cross a ball and play to his strengths and u mite see the player we thought we where buyin but honestly lads messi would struggle in our team at the min,simply to many players not up to LFC standard,Adam downing dirk maxi jay are all players not good enough to wear the reds shirt but Kenny plays them because they're british instead of going out and buyin 3/4 of the top talents in Europe like we did a few years back with,Nando xabi mascherano,all players bought of good money at a young age and turned out world class,stop with this buy british nonsense or let's be honest wot have we won as long time and how many world class players do we really have???
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2012 11:57:42 pm
      If Morgan goes 5 games without a goal, what difference does it make to Andy Carroll going five games without a goal or on the other hand we could find ourselves a real gem and save us from splashing out millions on yet another f**king average player.
      I'm afraid Morgan is having a bit of a dry spell right now. Shows his frustration, I'd be inclined to give Ngoo the duty.
      Anyway, Adorjan, Coady and Silva for Adam, Downing and Carroll. A DM is badly needed (Coady), Silva, unlike Downing, always tries to create something out of nothing and Adorjan would be brilliant feeding balls to Bellamy/Ngoo

Reina
         Kelly Agger Coates Enrique

Gerrard Coady/Spearo
      Silva   Adorjan/Shelvey  Bellamy
                      Ngoo
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2012 12:23:02 am
      I'm afraid Morgan is having a bit of a dry spell right now. Shows his frustration, I'd be inclined to give Ngoo the duty.
      Anyway, Adorjan, Coady and Silva for Adam, Downing and Carroll. A DM is badly needed (Coady), Silva, unlike Downing, always tries to create something out of nothing and Adorjan would be brilliant feeding balls to Bellamy/Ngoo

Reina
         Kelly Agger Coates Enrique

Gerrard Coady/Spearo
      Silva   Adorjan/Shelvey  Bellamy
                      Ngoo

Hang on mate, Morgan is having a dry spell so you'd pick Ngoo who has one goal all season for the reserves and non for the youth side. (that's if I've got me facts right). One goal all season is a dry spell surely?

And our problem is scoring goals, Morgan is the most natural finisher the club has at any level. He fits the bill as to what we need.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #19: Jan 23, 2012 02:07:46 am
      So Adam Morgan struggles to make an impact in the reserves, gets moved back down to the U18s and continues to struggle there but somehow we should be trying to give him first team minutes.  Makes sense.

If we had to promote a striker, I'd go with Eccleston personally.  I don't even think Adam Morgan will make the grade, he's far too one dimensional IMHO.  Having said that, I'd still love for nothing more than Morgan himself to pin these words on his locker and call me out for being incredibly wrong about it all after his seventh consecutive season with yet another double digit goal return, can't see it mind.

Anyways, back to playing Kenny.

OUT: Carragher (wages far too high for what he offers to the team), Aurelio (fitness), Adam (can't defend to an acceptable standard), Kuyt (last chance to cash in for a somewhat decent amount), Cole (see Carra).

IN: Chivu (replacement for Aurelio and Carragher), Badelj (far superior to Adam IMHO), Krasic (out of favour at Juventus, a different type of winger option) - all three would probably cost a total of £20m combined and there's a good chance we'd be saving money on wages too.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #20: Jan 23, 2012 08:58:24 am
      OUT: Carragher (wages far too high for what he offers to the team), Aurelio (fitness), Adam (can't defend to an acceptable standard), Kuyt (last chance to cash in for a somewhat decent amount), Cole (see Carra).

IN: Chivu (replacement for Aurelio and Carragher), Badelj (far superior to Adam IMHO), Krasic (out of favour at Juventus, a different type of winger option) - all three would probably cost a total of £20m combined and there's a good chance we'd be saving money on wages too.

I don't think this was a transfer-related thread - but fair points on the rest of your post.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Jan 23, 2012 09:09:12 am
      I don't think this was a transfer-related thread - but fair points on the rest of your post.

Sorry, can't seem to edit it for whatever reason.  Appears I've misinterpreted the topic, not the first time and won't be my last.  Apologies.

To help steer back on topic:

Kelly, Shelvey, Maxi, Coates, Spearing are the five changes I'd be looking to make.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #22: Jan 23, 2012 09:21:48 am
      A couple of things before we hit the panic button and start selling players. Because I don't think Fenway Sports are going to give Kenny any more bags of gold soon.

Carroll looks out of sorts when he's playing it on the deck, and dropping too deep to try to make an impact. The guy lives or dies on decent crosses into the box. So, apart from Gerrard and Bellamy, we should have the coaches taking Adam, Downing, Johnson and Enrique to one side and getting them to knock crosses into the box, all frakking day. The lack of a decent ball on to Carroll's nut is beyond me - why buy him if you're not going to feed him with the fuel he needs? And that means stop the dumb 'whipping it in' ball from corners that 99 per cent of the time fails to beat the first defender.

Let Downing have a run of games playing where he's supposed to. He's got the pace and him, Bellamy and Suarez - when he's back - up front can cause havoc.

Get Jockey to show Enrique where row Z is at Anfield. Tell him it's not important that he try to dribble out of defence every single time.

Adam, for me, is the weakest link. He might put in more miles than anyone else during a game, but he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas and his passing is worse than ordinary. And he's supposed to be our creative hub?

Blood some youngsters. I'd love to see Sterling unleashed. And Kelly at right back, pushing Johnson up the wing, As Dunlop Liddell Shankly said. And why not for Wednesday? I don't think it would be suicide, because if we keep the same players and we put on a performance like we did against Bolton, City will walk it.

One sale I reckon we should rush through: Kuyt's legs have gone. A shadow of what he was even last season. He's 32 and he hasn't stopped running for ten years. We could get, what, £3M for him if we let him go now?

Quick Reply