Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Dirk Kuyt
      (1.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (93%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Liverpool 2:2 Man City (3:2) In game and post match Rapture.

Read 41403 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Man City (3:2) In game and post match Rapture.
      Reply #736: Jan 26, 2012 08:17:38 pm
      Haha yeah.

I loved the scenes I saw at the of the match last night. It was so touching and for some reason, I feel, if you are a Liverpool fan, you'd feel very touched at the end of the game.

I was touched, but I'm going to court to sort that one out.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #737: Jan 26, 2012 08:20:17 pm
      Still F***ing buzzing!

Been taking the piss out of me Everton mates all day. Nothing better than seeing them seethe at our success, well there's one thing better and that's our success itself.

Liverpool Football Club - eight time League Cup winners. (what odds on us repeating our 80s success and winning four League Cups on the trot?)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #738: Jan 26, 2012 08:29:55 pm
      Still F***ing buzzing!

Been taking the piss out of me Everton mates all day. Nothing better than seeing them seethe at our success, well there's one thing better and that's our success itself.

Liverpool Football Club - eight time League Cup winners. (what odds on us repeating our 80s success and winning four League Cups on the trot?)
      The blueshite don't seethe Billy they ouze jealousy and cyncism they haven't got a clue how to respond to winners or winning.
      The eight times LC winners qualifies a record so the ninthe will do very nicely.
      Off topic but well in on the 14k lad.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #739: Jan 26, 2012 09:30:47 pm
      Well I've just finished reading the entire thread and agree with the majority on here that Bellars was awesome, the team played with the determination not to be beaten, which at the end of the day was all we needed to do.
      The onus was on the prespective League Champions to beat us on our own patch (which they failed to do) something NOBODY'S done all season and won't do this saturday either !
      King Kenny, in just over one year has got a close to relegation threatened team to it's first domestic cup final in 6 years and our first ever visit to the new wembley !
      How anyone can diss his plans and work rate is beyond me.
      I.K.W.T.
      roll on the 26th of Feb.

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #740: Jan 26, 2012 11:01:49 pm
      Still buzzing!! ;D

A great Anfield night and a great effort from the lads especially Bellamy, with and without the ball he was just outstanding.

As always there will be a scramble for tickets but what a feeling to see us in a cup final again.

Hope my throat clears in time for Saturday.

Bring on the other Mancs!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #741: Jan 26, 2012 11:06:23 pm
      Wish I could have been there.  The atmosphere sounded boss.

We more than deserved the result over the two legs, would have been far less draining if not for Joe Hart.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #742: Jan 26, 2012 11:35:47 pm
      I'm not denying Hart made some good saves, but thinking about it - his best two came from defenders who aren't really in the side for their attacking ability. If Enrique or Skrtel's efforts fell to the feet of a natural finisher, Hart would of got as close to them as he got to Bellamy's goal.

The efforts from forwards, Bellamy's after he cut inside and Kuyt's effort that he hit into the ground - Hart should of held both given both were straight at him and relatively easy saves as Bellamy's was trapped under his feet and Kuyt just didn't catch his properly. Both should of been held - neither were.

But F**k him anyway, he's not a patch on our number 25. And he won't be playing in a domestic Cup final this year - we will.

E I Adio
      We're gonna win the Cup.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #743: Jan 26, 2012 11:48:38 pm
      I really enjoyed the game, you could hear the crowd the whole time.  I would have liked to some some video on John Henry's reactions.  Or a small interview, surely he's never witnessed anything like that in his life.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #744: Jan 27, 2012 09:26:28 am
      Just checked the post match thread...didn't see any posts from Corbally.  :D

So made up with the result. Was absolutely shattered when they went 2-1 up but knew there was plenty of time and what a winner from Craig.

We're going to Wembley. Can't believe it, am so excited. If I win lotto or big on the Horses, I'll be there.  :D

So proud of you lads, let's finish the job on the 26th of February.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #745: Jan 27, 2012 09:33:15 am

He's been showed a red card Ian for personal abuse, he'll be back.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #746: Jan 27, 2012 10:15:29 am
      Stick your Gareth Barry up your arse :)

;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #747: Jan 27, 2012 10:18:05 am

Was the first match thread in ages I enjoyed being a part of and didn't feel the need to log out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #748: Jan 27, 2012 11:21:28 am
      He's been showed a red card Ian for personal abuse, he'll be back.

Thanks stuey mate, didn't know that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #749: Jan 27, 2012 01:33:57 pm
      Were all part of kennys army
      Were all of to wemberlee!!!!

Bellamy I love you!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #750: Jan 27, 2012 03:21:43 pm
      Really lifted me after last week's game. Winning on aggregate fills me with joy but seeing the players ran non-stop and cover each other brings me even greater joy and pride. If they can treat every game from now on as if it's another semi-final ,I'm SURE 4th placing is ours.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2012 03:39:47 pm by redkop63 »
      burnzyVII
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #751: Jan 27, 2012 03:51:10 pm
      After watching this game at Anfield on Wednesday I can almost see me really missing Craig Bellamy on Saturday, as it has got to be almost guaranteed he won't start Saturday. If only we had more flair players like him!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #752: Jan 27, 2012 03:51:31 pm
      Great game, played brilliant !

Says it all when their goalie was MOTM for them again !
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #753: Jan 27, 2012 04:27:33 pm

Allow me:

glad we won but shocking again that kenny chose adams to start. can kk not see that overpriced english isnt the way to go shocking mate but if we had got mata in the summer instead of downing liek i said we woudl be closer to top four then right now when we strugle for goals with that 35 million waste of space who i said all summer wouldnt score and didnt tonight either shocking how some people cant take off the rose tinted glasses and sick of thise prem proven sh*te squad players at best not for a team like us shocking mate
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #754: Jan 27, 2012 06:34:06 pm
       You missed out this bit; And Johnsons pass to Bellamy for the winner was exquisite. And anybody who doesn't agree with absolutely everything I say, every single word of it is a total bellend.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #755: Jan 27, 2012 06:35:12 pm
      You missed out this bit; And Johnsons pass to Bellamy for the winner was exquisite. And anybody who doesn't agree with absolutely everything I say, every single word of it is a total bellend.

shocking that yoiu think mata couldnt have maid that pass? shocking lad
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #756: Jan 27, 2012 06:42:16 pm
      shocking that yoiu think mata couldnt have maid that pass? shocking lad

He would have done well to get it so perfect in his slippers somewhere in west London  :f_tongueincheek:

What a pass that would have been ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #757: Jan 27, 2012 06:43:42 pm

Come on mick. Keep it realistic :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #758: Jan 27, 2012 08:07:17 pm
      Found this article originated from a man city fans blog. Goes to show the image people have of the city/club/fans due to the media. Thankfully this lad gave an honest assessment of his trip

It was with some trepidation that I decided to take my ten year old son to Anfield for the League Cup semi-final second leg. Having never visited the red side of Stanley Park, I had heard many a horror story about the hostility that a visit to Liverpool can bring. What helped me decide to go was the fact that the famous old ground’s days are numbered given Liverpool’s desperate need for a spanking new stadium to rival those of Arsenal and Manchester City. The fact that it was a cup semi-final under the floodlights with an inflated away allocation made this a mouth watering prospect and one that I wasn’t gong to miss.

Of course recently, the scare stories surrounding Anfield Road have increased tenfold due to the race issues involving both Luis Suarez and Oldham Athletic’s Tom Adeyemi. Reading the reaction of some rival fans, stepping into Liverpool would be akin to attending a ‘Warriors’ like gang warfare meeting with the Nogzy, the Crocky Crew, Combat 18 and the Ku Klux Klan all in attendance.

I arranged to meet an old mate who is Liverpool born and bred. I’ve not seen John for the best part of a decade and thought it would be an ideal chance to meet up, chat about nights out of the days when we were both young and single and use his knowledge of the area to find a quiet, safe spot to park with the chance of finding my car in the same condition I left it in. On the day before the match, John advised me to hide any hint of sky blue on both myself and the lad. It didn’t fill me with confidence that the night would be an enjoyable, worry free event.

I needn’t have worried. We parked on the Everton side of Stanley Park on a side street just off County Road. There were no scallywags asking if they could “mind your car mate?” and we had a short walk through the Anfield estate towards the ground. We stopped at a pub imaginatively called “The Twelfth Man” (come on Liverpool, more originality needed please) and due to the plan to keep my Salfordian accent under wraps, I happily allowed my tour guide to get the lagers in.

With Scouse John queueing at the bar, I thought it a good time to text the missus to let her know we’d arrived and were near the ground. After all the all the meticulous planning including tucking my City shirt in, zipping up my Boca Juniors jacket and keeping my big gob shut, I managed to out myself as the enemy in a new and imaginative way. As I unlocked the keypad on my phone, the gold eagled crest of Manchester City appeared, spinning away with the Etihad Stadium as a backdrop and sending me into a frenzy as it went. I scanned the pub to try to spot the first flying pint glass. Nothing. Not a clenched fist raised in anger. The only response my infiltration drew was from one of the two thirty something thugs to my right, one of which having spotted my screensaver leant in to his accomplice and shrugged “F***ing hell, he’s brave coming in here la, d’yer wanna gerroff to the ground?”

We had another pint and set off into the cauldron of hate known as Anfield Road. I stopped at a badge stall to add a Liverpool crest to my growing collection. I told the vendor I wanted an ’80′s retro Liverpool badge. Rather than chase me away down the street for even having the audacity to speak with an Eccles twang, he scanned his cork pin board and found me a rather splendid badge much to my liking. We left John at the corner between the Kop and the Main Stand, arranged to meet at the same spot after the match and headed towards the Anfield Road stand that was housing us away fans.

A brief stop for a few moments’ silence at the Hillsborough memorial made me reflect on the devastation brought to families across Merseyside. People reached out to place a hand on the marble and wiped tears from their eyes. My lad asked why they were touching it. I could only guess that these poor people were directly affected by the tradgedy.

We got in the ground ten minutes late due to some piss poor organisation from the Merseyside club and saw the first tense scenes of the night as City fans became increasingly frustrated at being outside whilst the action was going on inside.

Once in the ground I have to say I enjoyed the atmosphere and admired the scene before my eyes. The home fans are spoken of in glowing terms by all quarters in the national media for having a unique atmosphere that is unrivalled in world football. A load of old bollocks. They sing at the start, they sing for a good ten minutes after a goal and they sing when Steve Gerrard does something half decent.

When injury time is almost up and the game looks to be in the bag, a rousing rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” is aired. Now usually, I despise this terrace anthem. I mute the telly whenever Liverpool are on the box as the teams walk out. Last night though, there was no mute button to be pressed. All I could do was watch in awe as all four sides of Anfield held their scarves aloft and sang their hearts out. Don’t tell anyone but it was quite emotional.

The final whistle sounded, the Scousers erupted and a female steward offered a helpful piece of advice to get my lad out of the ground as quickly as possible in case of any mither. This was the third time in half an hour she’d gone out of her way to be nice. She’d already told George (my son) that she wanted us to win the league and not to be too down if City lost the match. We left the ground and walked back around to the Kop, met John and had a pleasant stroll back to the car.

I found Anfield to be one of the most enjoyable matchday experiences of my City watching career. The place is traditional, hostile and steeped in history. The home fans are ridiculously blinkered whenever there is a refereeing decision to be made but maybe that’s why they seem to recieve more decisions than away teams at Anfield.

All in all, I walked away from Liverpool with a revised view of the club. Maybe a few feral youths who attach themselves to the club drag the name of Liverpool through the mud. Maybe the club, from top to bottom, could have handled the Suarez affair a lot better.

Let’s not tarnish the reputation of an entire stadium full of people because of the misguided actions of a minority though. For once, I’m going to rise above the Scouse bashing and form my own opinions of the club and on Wednesday night’s evidence, it’s a great place to watch football.

Quick Reply