Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Carling Cup Final tickets announcement

Read 43806 times
      Kopite_306
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      • we are the famous, the famous kopites!
      Carling Cup Final Tickets...
      Reply #207: Feb 10, 2012 05:50:34 pm
      Massive, Massive, Massive stab in the dark like... But don't suppose anyone has been successful in the ticket ballot but for one reason or another can't go? & fancies helping out a fellow red?

My old man has been successful in the ballot & i haven't although i have attended more games in the last 10years than he has and more this season, absolutely gutted.. This really doesn't seem fair, i follow Liverpool everywhere as i'm sure many others in the same boat as me do. Just because i didn't go away to Exeter, Brighton, Stoke or Chelsea in the Carling Cup i haven't been able to get a ticket despite attending almost every PL game and every FA cup game as well as the semi final against Man City. Is anyone else slightly annoyed at how the tickets have been prioritized? How can it be fair that someone who has only attended 2 Carling Cup games all season be guaranteed a ticket over someone who has barely missed a game all season?  :f_steam:  :mad:

I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of people in the same boat as me but just thought i'd try my luck on here anyway.. fingers crossed ;) !!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Carling Cup Final tickets announcement
      Reply #208: Feb 10, 2012 06:35:05 pm
      Sorry to those who wern't successful.

Got one personally, absoloutely delighted.

First final I will of been to, over the f**king moon and can't wait.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #209: Feb 10, 2012 07:28:32 pm
      Just because i didn't go away to Exeter, Brighton, Stoke or Chelsea in the Carling Cup i haven't been able to get a ticket despite attending almost every PL game and every FA cup game as well as the semi final against Man City. Is anyone else slightly annoyed at how the tickets have been prioritized? How can it be fair that someone who has only attended 2 Carling Cup games all season be guaranteed a ticket over someone who has barely missed a game all season?

You missed out Man City away as well.

The club were clear from the start - only League Cup games would count towards a final.  Man City away was on general sale for instance.

I think the club were as fair as they could be, a lot more fair than several other finals I can remember.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #210: Feb 10, 2012 08:09:36 pm
      Just because i didn't go away to Exeter, Brighton, Stoke or Chelsea in the Carling Cup i haven't been able to get a ticket despite attending almost every PL game and every FA cup game as well as the semi final against Man City.

I'm not having a go but fans who didn't go to those games because it was only the Carling Cup shouldn't get priority for what is only the Carling Cup final. It sounds very fair to me.
      By the sound of it, should we reach the FA Cup final, you will stand a better chance of getting to that. Swings and roundabouts and all that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,217 posts | 4917 
      Reply #211: Feb 10, 2012 08:12:38 pm
      I'm not having a go but fans who didn't go to those games because it was only the Carling Cup shouldn't get priority for what is only the Carling Cup final. It sounds very fair to me.

Sounds fair to me as well especially considering the amount of away games we had this season in the competition.

Loyal fans who travelled to every game deserve their tickets.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #212: Feb 10, 2012 08:20:22 pm
      My family are all not speaking. I've got my tickets cause I went to all the games. We have 3 other members cards and only 1 won in the ballot so there all going mad at each other. F**k them lot I'm off to wemberly !!!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #213: Feb 11, 2012 11:13:49 am
      Well..Pat has just knocked my door wanting a signature  ;D

Boring tickets though  :o
      MsGerrard
      Reply #214: Feb 11, 2012 11:53:15 am
      Well..Pat has just knocked my door wanting a signature  ;D

Boring tickets though  :o

Great stuff Kelv  :)
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #215: Feb 13, 2012 11:04:54 pm
      Anybody interested in Final tickets  3 spares available. Twitter @Ponderthepoint has them.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #216: Feb 14, 2012 10:07:53 am
      Managed to get my ticket this morning, I'm in block 121
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #217: Feb 14, 2012 10:32:30 am
      Block 108 row 33  :laugh:

Anyone received their confirmation email? My ticket is confirmed but havent got one yet..  That being said, I don't think I ever get confirmation emails :f_doh:
      Kopite_306
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      • we are the famous, the famous kopites!
      Cup Final Tickets!!
      Reply #218: Feb 14, 2012 11:24:06 am
      Just been through possibly the most painful experience ever, having 2 cup final tickets in my basket and having to pay for them knowing full well that neither of them are mine. Horrible. Out of everyone that i usually go with i have been the only unsuccessful applicant in the ballot & having been to more games this season than half of them it really doesn't seem fair at all. Anyone else annoyed at the way the tickets have been prioritized for this? How can it be fair that someone who has been on every game this season bar the away ties in the Carling Cup miss out on a ticket for the final yet someone who has attended just one Carling Cup game all season get one?!  ???

Anyway.. where are all the other unsuccessful applicants & fellow reds going to watching the game??

Don't want to have to completely miss out and sit at home watching it sulking at not being able to be there!!  :-\

Suggestions.............

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #219: Feb 14, 2012 02:10:34 pm
      Block 519 row 26. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Any reason why most have gone for the more expensive tickets further to the front? Thought about getting a ticket in the lower tier but went for the upper in the end.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Re: Cup Final Tickets!!
      Reply #220: Feb 14, 2012 02:27:07 pm
      Same here mate, missed two home league games this season,went to the city semi at home and been to Oldham,United and got tickets for Brighton. Also been to three away games this season. All games on my card but wasn't picked in the ballot. End up going to more games than a lot of season ticket holders but they get all priority not to mention the fancard holders who have been to City semi alone and got a finale ticket.

Really down about this one and i don't know what I'm going to do!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #221: Feb 14, 2012 02:43:19 pm
      Block 519 row 26. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Any reason why most have gone for the more expensive tickets further to the front? Thought about getting a ticket in the lower tier but went for the upper in the end.
      Vertigo
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #222: Feb 14, 2012 03:30:37 pm
      Any reason why most have gone for the more expensive tickets further to the front?

Blind as a bat meself
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #223: Feb 14, 2012 04:02:22 pm
      Anybody interested in Final tickets  3 spares available. Twitter @Ponderthepoint has them.

I dont have twitter, any other way to contact him?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #224: Feb 14, 2012 07:01:47 pm
      My boss got his tickets yesterday. 

At least I've been excused from having to be in Manchester for a works outing on the 26th.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #225: Feb 14, 2012 08:23:59 pm
      I dont have twitter, any other way to contact him?

It was a blag mate.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #226: Feb 14, 2012 08:35:45 pm
      Gutted I haven't got a ticket but not been to much this season so there's no point sulking.  It'll give a lot of reds a kick up the arse to get to games next season - even if it is just the Carling Cup, etc.

I think the club have been fair with the ticketing system, though I think they should have started the priorities a little higher, i.e. members with 3, members with 2, etc.

Ah well.  Hoping for a ticket but will enjoy it wherever I end up watching it.  Weighing up making the trip down anyway, but we'll see. :)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #227: Feb 14, 2012 08:46:20 pm
      Same here mate, missed two home league games this season,went to the city semi at home and been to Oldham,United and got tickets for Brighton.

You should be sorted for the FA Cup final then  ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #228: Feb 15, 2012 01:33:17 pm
      I'm up in the heavens. 508.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #229: Feb 15, 2012 02:28:39 pm