Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Edinson Cavani (Napoli)

Read 33269 times
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 13 
      Edinson Cavani (Napoli)
      Jan 27, 2012 09:30:31 am
      CRAP SOURCE BUT.........

Liverpool planning move for Napoli hit man

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is plotting a stunning move to bring Napoli striker Edinson Cavani to Anfield before the end of the transfer window.

The Reds chief has placed the Urugyuan at the top of his hit list as he continues his search for a strike that can fill in for the suspended Luis Suarez. Andy Carroll continues to struggle with the anniversary of his record breaking £35 million move from Newcastle fast approaching whilst Dirk Kuyt’s drop in form has persuaded Dalglish he needs a proven centre forward to fire the club back into Europe.

Whilst Craig Bellamy has impressed up front the Welshman is always susceptible to breaking down with injury and Dalglish know’s he can’t rely on Carroll and Kuyt to provide goals. Liverpool have scored just four times in as many Premier League games since Suarez’s suspension winning just once and dropping below Arsenal and Newcastle in pursuit of the top four.

Cavani has now emerged as a serious target for the 60-year-old who is toying with the idea of pairing him with fellow countryman Suarez in a devastating attacking partnership. The duo linked up to great effect in the World Cup two years ago and Dalglish is convinced the partnership could turn the club into serious title contenders next season.

The 24-year-old certainly knows where the net is scoring 51 times in 72 games since moving to the Stadio San Paolo in the summer of 2010 but could be coaxed into joining Suarez in England. Chelsea and Manchester City have also been credited with an interest in Cavani but were put off by Napoli’s £30 million asking price although it’s thought Dalglish is willing to spend big to capture the 6ft 2in striker.

http://www.footybunker.com/liverpool-planning-move-for-napoli-hit-man/15699
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2012 01:09:28 pm by Bpatel »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Edison Cavani (Napoli)
      Reply #1: Jan 27, 2012 09:35:57 am
      Dunno about £30m but would be an obvious partner for Luis, we already know they work well together and I'd be very happy with this signing.

If Luis can convince him to come to us it'd be a massive step in the right direction for us.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #2: Jan 27, 2012 09:37:27 am
      lets hope this is true..

and where will be carrol if we get one profilic striker to partner suarez??
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3: Jan 27, 2012 09:40:19 am
      They won't allow him to leave in January will they, they still have champions league and a winnable game.

We may be able to bring him in but it will be likely the summer until he leaves Napoli.

Maybe we are interested, maybe he is too and Luis has put in a good word. We might have to wait until the summer though.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #4: Jan 27, 2012 10:12:25 am
      This would be a real statement of intent if this is true! Big word is if ...
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #5: Jan 27, 2012 10:18:32 am
      This is bollocks - he wouldn't come here either... but a guy can dream!!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #6: Jan 27, 2012 10:21:36 am
      There's no-one I'd rather sign than Cavani. He's got everything: pace, skill, strength, presence, good in the air, and he's only 24. He's awesome and only going to get better.

But everyone knows this. Therefore you won't get him for 30M. I seriously think when he leaves Napoli (which will probably be either this summer or next) that Madrid or City will outbid anyone who wants him.

You never know though, if we finish the season strong, win a trophy or 2 and get 4th, he might want to play for us more than other wealthier clubs.

And by the way, it's Edinson, not Edison.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Jan 27, 2012 10:58:39 am
      I hear he's electric...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Jan 27, 2012 11:25:10 am
      There is not a chance we will be signing Cavani in this window. As somebody has already stated Napoli are still in the Champions League so why would they sell.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 27, 2012 11:33:10 am
      Could do with some of that !
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #10: Jan 27, 2012 11:53:05 am
      I've heard and read the hype. But he has rarely played well when I've seen him play. His record his excellent but I'm a tad sceptical about just how good he is.

Also seemed pretty lazy when I've seen him. But I'm sure there are people who've seen him play way more than me who'd disagree.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #11: Jan 27, 2012 12:02:05 pm
      I've heard and read the hype. But he has rarely played well when I've seen him play. His record his excellent but I'm a tad sceptical about just how good he is.

Also seemed pretty lazy when I've seen him. But I'm sure there are people who've seen him play way more than me who'd disagree.

To be honest I'm the same mate, not really seen that much of him but when they came to Anfield last season it was Lavezzi who stood out for them to be fair.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #12: Jan 27, 2012 12:09:48 pm

Hello there :)

I follow Serie A quite closely, as I'm a fan of Napoli. Reason being, they're one of the more exciting teams in the league. When you've got an attacking trio of Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani, I suppose you're going to be a bit more attacking. Pandev sometimes gets a look in too.

I've been watching Cavani closely for a while now, and if a club went out looking to sign a top number 9 (I know he's number 7 for Napoli ;D ) he'd  be the one they'd go for. As I said in my earlier post, he has everything, aswell as having age on his side. If we had him in our side right now, I don't think we'd have the scoring problems that we're currently experiencing.

Over the past 3 seasons including this one, he's 2nd top scorer in Serie A, only behind Di Natale for Udinese, and that's playing for a team who have only just got into the champions league this season. So he's scored more than the likes of Pato, Ibra, Vucinic, Quagliarella, Robinho, Eto'o, Milito etc. who have been playing for title challenging teams (Inter, AC and Juve).
      And in the Champions league he's looked very comfortable. Ripped City apart twice, and I'm sticking money on him to torment Chelsea's back line. And he fits well into the national side along side Suarez and Forlan.

Trust me, in a few years time he'll be in the top 3 strikers in the world. (Although I consider him to be that already)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #13: Jan 27, 2012 12:13:04 pm
      TGTBT

Too Good To Be True

:(

If this were to happen it would definitely serve notice to the rest of the league but unfortunately I don't think we can afford him and I don't think he's shown any interest to come here?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Jan 27, 2012 12:27:49 pm
      TGTBT

Too Good To Be True

:(

If this were to happen it would definitely serve notice to the rest of the league but unfortunately I don't think we can afford him and I don't think he's shown any interest to come here?

I don't think us being able to afford him is a problem to be honest. I think it would just be too much to try and persuade him to join before the summer and even then that will be a a time when i reckon he will have quite a few clubs to choose from if he was to leave Napoli.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #15: Jan 27, 2012 12:52:37 pm

Yep very good ;D.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #16: Jan 27, 2012 01:01:03 pm

Only coz I spelt his bloody name wrong :-) 'lightbulb'
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Jan 27, 2012 01:06:44 pm
      Saw this and smiled. A signing most LFC fans make for the club on FIFA, not something I expect to be 'wrapped up before the end of January'.

Crap source unfortunately.

We can only hope though. :)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Re: Edinson Cavani (Napoli)
      Reply #18: Jan 27, 2012 01:12:28 pm
      Please let it be true
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #19: Jan 27, 2012 03:05:17 pm
      Saw this and smiled. A signing most LFC fans make for the club on FIFA

First transfer I made when I started a new career on FIFA 12 :D
      burnzyVII
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 27, 2012 03:48:04 pm
      Really can't see this happening. Don't think our owners are ready to throw around millions similar to last January
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #21: Jan 27, 2012 04:22:26 pm
      A mate of mine is a milkman in Napoli and included on his milkround are a couple of players of Napoli. I think he said there names are Cavani and Lavezzi??

He told me that when he went to collect their empties today, there were notes cancelling any future orders due to them both leaving the country very soon and requesting details of any reliable milkrounds or a local Tesco Express in the Wirrall area.

Not sure how reliable this info is. My mates Italian isnt great and come to think of it, he's not a milkman either! Anyway thought I would pass it on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Jan 27, 2012 04:29:09 pm

Has he got a family full of eccentrics ?

Quick Reply