Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (0.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (11%)
      Daniel Agger
      (21.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      (13.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (3.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.3%)
      Andy Carroll
      (40.6%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (6.8%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Liverpool 2:1 Manchester United FA Cup: In game & post match Glee

Read 68455 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Manchester United FA Cup: In game & post match Glee
      Reply #782: Jan 28, 2012 07:01:54 pm
      Just imagine if we book 2 Wembley dates this season.

That would be fantastic. All that's left is a Champions League place for next  ;D

Not greedy, am I?  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #783: Jan 28, 2012 07:06:40 pm
      Let's hope Arsenal wins the Champions League and finish 5th then ;D
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #784: Jan 28, 2012 07:07:11 pm
      This week ... the Manchester Massacre!

So made up going to the League Cup final and Fifth round of FA Cup.
      Bet we get Spurs at White Hart Lane next  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #785: Jan 28, 2012 07:07:27 pm
      Another fantastic game for Agger and Skrtel, not been mentioned by many on here.

Both really solid at the back and had great games. Also great to see a goal for Danny, really deserved it after a terrific few months.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #786: Jan 28, 2012 07:08:17 pm
      Just imagine if we book 2 Wembley dates this season.

That would be fantastic. All that's left is a Champions League place for next  ;D

Not greedy, am I?  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      I think we will go on a great run in the league now confidence must be sky high
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #787: Jan 28, 2012 07:12:43 pm
      Another fantastic game for Agger and Skrtel, not been mentioned by many on here.

Both really solid at the back and had great games. Also great to see a goal for Danny, really deserved it after a terrific few months.

Watching Skrtel celebrate with Dagger .. they both look like good mates!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #788: Jan 28, 2012 07:14:13 pm
      Let's hope Arsenal wins the Champions League and finish 5th then ;D

Piss off you Gooner! :P

I hope they win jack sh*t and below us in the table!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #789: Jan 28, 2012 07:15:28 pm
       Happy,Happy,Happy with that result,thank you to Kenny and the might REDS you have made me so proud.After the match it is rumoured that Ferguson was like a wounded dog and so he should be,his time is up and WE ARE BACK make no mistake.
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #790: Jan 28, 2012 07:17:01 pm
      Very happy week. Both mancs in a week.  Smiling much.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #791: Jan 28, 2012 07:19:31 pm
      After the match it is rumoured that Ferguson was like a wounded dog and so he should be,his time is up and WE ARE BACK make no mistake.
      Saw him limp off after the final whistle....looked well pissed off. Was a great sight to see, the arl cnut  ;D
      Think he's realised he's met more that his match in Kenny  :laugh:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #792: Jan 28, 2012 07:23:11 pm
      The wankers still won't mention all 6,000 of them tw*ts singing "The S*n is right, you are murderers"

Just as vile as racism imo!
      Too fcking right Hr sick lot of bas**rds , they shut the fck up at the end though.
      Just got home from the game and now im off to the ale house to get a few in ,owed a few pints you see and i am off to collect.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #793: Jan 28, 2012 07:24:09 pm
      Well, strange week. Started of rotten, ended up pretty good :) ie. loose to Bolton, knock Manure and Shitty out of some Cups.
      Great result today. Fair play to Dirk, hasn't been playin great but got himself into the right place and slotted home the winner. Delighted for him.
      Agger got my MOTM, scored and was solid at the back. Utd had a lot of possession, but Pepe had very little to do. Defense did super.
      Andy did OK, caused DeGea (who was like a schoolgirl, never mind a schoolboy) problems and flicked on for Dirk.
      Not too surprised SG came off, had a relatively quiet day.
      But the turning point was those substitutions. Once the lads came on the game changed and we put them under good pressure in the last 15.
      Utd for me were definately not at their best, and their substitution had the opposite effect.
      Brilliant for KK and the lads, another round of the FA Cup to look forward to now, and Suarez's return coming soon. Corner turning?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #794: Jan 28, 2012 07:26:03 pm
      I think if we're in the league with the top European Clubs..

we would win the league.
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #795: Jan 28, 2012 07:26:50 pm
       ;D ;D

You mighty mighty Reds,

Walk on walk on ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #796: Jan 28, 2012 07:48:29 pm
      Citeh, manUre is that all you F***ing got?
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #797: Jan 28, 2012 07:58:25 pm
      hope we  get  easy  teams again like todays opposition all the way  to  wembley ........................ .........
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #798: Jan 28, 2012 07:59:26 pm

Dirk Kuyt loves playing Manchester United. He scored a hat-trick in the Premier League against Sir Alex Ferguson’s side last season, but his 88th minute winner in this hostile FA Cup tie will surely rank among his most satisfying moments for the club.

With the game heading for a replay, Kuyt pounced upon Andy Carroll’s flick to ensure Liverpool – even without Luis Suarez – ended the ultimate grudge match wholly satisfied.

As is often the case, the reality of this fixture did not meet expectations. Off the pitch, that was a relief. On it, it was a disappointment, but Liverpool will not care having taken their place in the Fifth Round.

Liverpool took a first half lead when Daniel Agger took advantage of David de Gea’s uncertainty. United, who were without Wayne Rooney, Nani, Phil Jones and Rio Ferdinand, equalised through Ji-Sung Park before a limp second half ended with the kind of late twist United usually inflict on opponents.

Given the Cold War styled tensions between the clubs, it would have been more appropriate for the first meeting of Liverpool and Manchester United since Suarez-gate to take place on neutral territory.

Instead, the most unwanted of draws renewed hostilities, ensuring the most septic tonsils had an opportunity to make themselves heard. Nearly 6,000 United fans were condemning the absent Suarez long before kick-off.

The Kop saved its verbal assault on Patrice Evra until the game began, booing his every touch. Any hope the malignant row which besmirched the last meeting would evaporate amid conciliatory words was wishful thinking.

“MUFC-Defending Titles, LFC – Defending racism” read a United banner. “We’re not racists we only hate Mancs,” was The Kop’s response.

Even the pre-match handshake between Steven Gerrard and Evra was cursory, the Liverpool captain not meeting the gaze of his opposing captain.

The football itself was scruffy. It was the home side which began brightest, De Gea pushing aside a Maxi Rodriquez shot from distance after four minutes.

But De Gea was at fault when Liverpool took the lead on 21 minutes. Gerrard’s corner caused havoc in the United six yard box, and Agger comfortably headed beyond the stranded Spanish keeper.

Any thoughts this would showcase a period of home dominance were short-lived as Liverpool’s formation was a cause for concern. It was the same tactic as against Manchester City but with different personnel.

Carroll does not have the ability and menace of Craig Bellamy, who was left on bench having run himself to the point of exhaustion in the Carling Cup.

Jamie Carragher was also recalled as a holding midfielder – a role he’s not filled regularly for over a decade. Indeed, with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs lining up in direct opposition, this was the afternoon for the older generation to expose the limitations of those unable to displace them.

Scholes’ influence was majestic while he was on the pitch, his ability to retain possession allowing United to probe their way back.

Their equaliser came six minutes before the break after Jose Enrique’s lapse allowed Rafael da Silva to break clear down the United right. His cross was pounced upon by Park, whose finish beyond Pepe Reina was emphatic.

There was no surprise Dalglish made changes after the break, with Carragher and Rodriguez replaced by Charlie Adam and Dirk Kuyt. Bellamy, the hero of Wednesday’s semi-final, appeared on 71 minutes with Gerrard’s aching limbs preserved.

Sir Alex Ferguson sent on Javier Hernendez, who scored here in October. Despite the changes draw was looking increasingly inevitable, until Kuyt pounced on 88 minutes to send the Liverpool fans delirious.

Not surprisingly, it was not Kuyt’s name which echoed around Anfield at full-time,    it was Suarez’s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9043984/Liverpool-2-Manchester-United-1-match-report.html
      ovs
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #799: Jan 28, 2012 07:59:45 pm
      i believe lfc is a great club and we can go up higher and higher with the right decisions
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #800: Jan 28, 2012 08:08:09 pm
      Heres a video of that daft arse fan.

http://yfrog.com/0hpcrz
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #801: Jan 28, 2012 08:11:06 pm

No doubt whatsoever then, the really scary thing about this is that it was posted on a few LFC pages on Facebook, people were calling him a legend for doing it.

Some real uneducated retards out there you know.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #802: Jan 28, 2012 08:24:53 pm
      No doubt whatsoever then, the really scary thing about this is that it was posted on a few LFC pages on Facebook, people were calling him a legend for doing it.

Some real uneducated retards out there you know.

Hmm - how do you measure how uneducated a retard is? No excuse if that's what he meant - don't want him near our club
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #803: Jan 28, 2012 08:28:15 pm
      Good god that man is a c**t.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #804: Jan 28, 2012 08:30:38 pm
      Hmm - how do you measure how uneducated a retard is? No excuse if that's what he meant - don't want him near our club

Sorry what am i looking at here..?

On topic - Henderson got the MOM for me - played a great game... Carroll will get all the plaudits and rightly so but a solid game from Hendo - if he plays like that I can see another Lucas happening here. If he get's a bit of confidence he may even try and take on a player...

Solid performance, great result... Lets roll on in the league and get a run going - this could be the corner turning for us...

Quick Reply