Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Free Agent)

Read 1799 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Free Agent)
      Jan 29, 2012 05:31:48 pm
      Kristoffer Nordfeldt has revealed that he is having talks with Liverpool tomorrow.

The Swedish goalkeeper once attracted interest from the likes of Ajax and Borussia Monchengladbach but has been without a club since leaving IF Brommapojkarna last year.

He will meet with Anfield chiefs regarding a possible deal with the Reds resigned to seeing Alexander Doni end his short-lived spell with the club by securing a move away.

But contrary to reports last week, a return to his homeland with Sao Paolo is unlikely with former Palermo stopper Rubinho considered the preferred option since becoming a free agent.

Doni is currently the only player in Liverpool's squad who has yet to make a senior appearance for the club this season, having arrived as Pepe Reina's understudy last summer.

The 32-year-old secured his protracted free transfer to Anfield from Roma, where he spent six years initially as first-choice before being displaced by Artur and Julio Sergio respectively.

With first team opportunities limited at Liverpool, he is seeking a move onto pastures new with Catania previously enquiring about his availability ahead of Tuesday's transfer window deadline.

Doni's impending departure will pave the way for Nordfeldt's potential arrival with the 22-year-old's goalkeeping attributes likened to Manchester United and Spain stopper David de Gea.

"It's really exciting. I'll be flying to Liverpool on Monday with my agent," Nordfeldt told FotbollDirekt.se.

"Of course it feels good but I don’t want to get overexcited because of this. I’ll just try to play it cool and see what they want to offer me.

"I know myself and have worked hard these last few months. I know that Liverpool likes me and has watched me for a long time. They like me so all I can do is believe in myself."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1215173-sweden-international-set-for-liverpool-fc-talks-tomorrow.html

Looks like a replacement for Doni on the bench.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Free Agent)
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2012 10:00:19 pm
      He's like De Gea? Oh crap :p
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Free Agent)