Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Why Harry Redknapp Should Never Be England Manager

Read 7544 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Why Harry Redknapp Should Never Be England Manager
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2012 06:57:03 pm
       He should of been tried at the Liverpool Crown Court with 12 good and true Kopites as the jurors,I do not think he would of walked free in that scenario. :laugh:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2012 07:00:56 pm
      The amazing thing is we're berating Harry with little to no evidence, yet moan at other fans when they berate Suarez under the same circumstances.

Double standards, or am I missing something?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2012 07:10:09 pm
      The amazing thing is we're berating Harry with little to no evidence, yet moan at other fans when they berate Suarez under the same circumstances.

Double standards, or am I missing something?
      Do you honestly believe that he does not have the ability to write a team sheet out,how the hell did he ever become a manager.I bet he is able to ubderstand every word in his contract especially the part were it states how much he is paid.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2012 07:18:45 pm
      Do you honestly believe that he does not have the ability to write a team sheet out,how the hell did he ever become a manager.I bet he is able to ubderstand every word in his contract especially the part were it states how much he is paid.

Do you have proof otherwise? Do you have proof that would hold up in Court, because apparently nobody else does, including HMRC.

It seems to to me that we're always after something to moan about, yet when people moan about us, we draw the line.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2012 07:35:09 pm
      So we have at least discovered the Redknapp family are thick as pigshit!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2012 07:41:52 pm
      Apparently black and white can be foggy and a certain John Terry will draw some comfort from this charade.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2012 08:05:55 pm
      Is it beyond the realms of possibility that with the England mangers job being vacated a not guilty is a hurdle less for 'Arry.
      The dyslexia is probably negotiable but taking a guilty on cheating and lying to HM government as people have alleged, would be a bridge too far.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2012 09:36:35 pm
      Arrie cant read or write but F***ing has no problems in counting money.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2012 10:08:10 pm
      Arry for England works for me. Not only is he a half-decent candidate for the job, not to mention the only English candidate it could also destabilise a Spurs team who are quite comfortably keeping us out of the top 4 at the moment. It's win win for me.

As for his England credentials. His teams have also played great football in the right manner and that's where my focus would be.

As for the posters slating Aaron Lennon earlier in this thread I think it's also worth pointing out he's a million times better than anyone we've got to do the job out wide.
      tree86
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2012 10:14:16 pm
      If not Arry then name any other decent English manager,

Woy - No
      Pardew- Not for me
      Pearce- Not yet
      Allardyce - No - he'd probably play Heskey

Any others?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #33: Feb 09, 2012 09:43:58 pm
      If not Arry then name any other decent English manager,

Woy - No
      Pardew- Not for me
      Pearce- Not yet
      Allardyce - No - he'd probably play Heskey

Any others?

F**k having an English manager, give it to Rafa just to see the reaction of the English sporting press.

And he'd win the Euro's no probs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Feb 10, 2012 10:59:55 am
      I just wish I had friends like 'arry does. People putting large amounts of money into offshore accounts, giving him a horse as a present. All because they love him.  :f_tongueincheek:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #35: Feb 10, 2012 11:05:28 am
      I'd give it to Harry....about time the media gave him some sh*t.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #36: Feb 11, 2012 05:05:10 pm
      I'd give it to Harry....about time the media gave him some sh*t.

Yes, good idea.  For me, I agree with the article.  He's doing ok at present but England is a different ball game, as decent club managers Keegan, Taylor and McClaren found out.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #37: Sep 07, 2012 05:07:31 pm
      Former manager Harry Redknapp has taken up an advisory role at the Goldsands Stadium.

Redknapp, who led the Cherries to their highest ever finish in 1989, will not have an official title but will offer his advice and expertise to all aspects of the club.

The former Portsmouth, West Ham and Tottenham boss will also travel with the Cherries squad to Huish Park tomorrow as they take on second placed Yeovil.

Chairman Eddie Mitchell was delighted with the news and believes the 65-year-old will prove to be an invaluable asset for the club.

“I met Harry for a chat this morning and he offered to come in on a voluntary basis,” Mitchell told afcb.co.uk.

“He still has a passion for the club and for football, and he’s got too much to offer for us to let him slip through our fingers.

“It’s been in my mind for quite some time to get him involved, and the timing seems to be perfect for us to tap into his knowledge.”

Both Groves and Brooks were part of Redknapp’s backroom team during his second spell in charge at Fratton Park, which included winning the FA Cup in 2008, and Mitchell hopes they can enjoy success at the Goldsands Stadium.

“Paul and Shaun will still have the final say on all football matters, there’s no doubt about that. They’re very astute people and they’re not above listening to anyone, and I’m sure they can learn from him,” he said.

“They have both worked with him before and I think there’s only person who would be able to get on that coach tomorrow without Paul and Shaun rejecting the idea, and that one person is Harry.”

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2012-09-07-redknapp-returns-in-advisory-role-358470.aspx

Harry is back in football...

Quick Reply