Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Agger
      (1.8%)
      Skrtel
      (1.2%)
      Johnson
      (0.6%)
      Enrique
      (20.5%)
      Spearing
      (6.4%)
      Adam
      (4.7%)
      Kuyt
      (2.9%)
      Henderson
      (2.9%)
      Carroll
      (41.5%)
      Bellamy
      (17%)
      Reina
      (0.6%)

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - post match delight

Read 36758 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - post match delight
      Reply #529: Feb 01, 2012 08:56:22 am
      Any links with the highlights?

Cheers.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #530: Feb 01, 2012 09:07:44 am
      Carroll is finally building his confidence. I just think he's the kind of player who strive under pressure. The kind of pressure that right now is making him becoming a striker we invested 35 million for. If his header to Kuyt that day was sweet, this was even sweeter. Hope this goal will continue building his confidence and hope that with Luis coming in, they'll blossom into a lethal partnership.

We were solid eventhough there's some mistakes in the process. We didn't let them control too much and didn't let any gaping space in the middle. A great result for us, and surely this will be a morale boosting for us to trash Spurs. If we continue playing like this, no matter where we end this May, I'm surely proud of the lads.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #531: Feb 01, 2012 09:12:53 am
      Well done Redmen!. What a fantastic week we've just had. Well done to all the lads for their phenomenal response to the shambles at Bolton.

Still busy with Hardcore Central construction so i'll see you all soon. Keep up the arguing sensible debate!.  ;D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #532: Feb 01, 2012 09:30:22 am
      Yes it was a great performance but let us not forget this was against Wolves (2nd from bottom). We should wait until after the spuds game before we see how we are doing & get our hopes high. Spuds are the real test. They are sweeping everyone away in front of them and remember we lost badly to them last time.

Also, the problem is will Luis and Andy have the same sensibility as Carroll and Bellamy? Only time will tell.

For me, happy Andy is now enjoying his football but will he make way for Luis! That is the question.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #533: Feb 01, 2012 09:36:29 am
      Yes it was a great performance but let us not forget this was against Wolves (2nd from bottom). We should wait until after the spuds game before we see how we are doing & get our hopes high. Spuds are the real test. They are sweeping everyone away in front of them and remember we lost badly to them last time.

Also, the problem is will Luis and Andy have the same sensibility as Carroll and Bellamy? Only time will tell.

For me, happy Andy is now enjoying his football but will he make way for Luis! That is the question.

Cheer up and enjoy what has been a great week for Liverpool FC.
      I we had drawn people would be on bringing the doom.
      We win 3-0 and now apparently it doesn't really count.
      Get the F**k out of here.

In other words:

Stop wrecking my buzz.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #534: Feb 01, 2012 09:37:19 am

Are these your bottles of zanax and prozac I've just found?
      LiverpoolForeza
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #535: Feb 01, 2012 09:49:07 am
      Delighted as ever :D
      can see us pushing for the third or fourth spot.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #536: Feb 01, 2012 10:03:31 am

As if Andy and Carroll are two complete opposite.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #537: Feb 01, 2012 10:06:02 am
       We played OK, not brilliant

Wolves defending was God awful at times

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #538: Feb 01, 2012 10:53:00 am
      We played OK, not brilliant

Wolves defending was God awful at times

I actually know what you mean mate. We played well, very well, but that Wolves team aren't a great team. Some of their passing was shocking and needlessly giving it away at times.

All the same, we took advantage and therefore shouldn't fault the team for that. Team needs to know Spurs are going to be a far tougher test and we have to be up for it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #539: Feb 01, 2012 11:03:48 am
      We can only beat what is put out in front of us, and we did it very well.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #540: Feb 01, 2012 11:08:41 am
      That Bolton team wern't anything special last week either, in fact they were bottom of the table, and they f**king ran rings round us.

Performance last night was light years ahead of that shower we witnessed against Bolton. We made their defending look terrible as much as themselves. To get ourselves up for the game after two of arguably the biggest matches of the season this week was most impressive.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #541: Feb 01, 2012 11:11:50 am
      I was fairly pleased with the performance, which was more professional than spectacular - although we did play some good football at times.  Good to see the three scorers, can only be positive for them.

Listening to the summariser on the Fox Sports transmission here in Oz (Barry Horne I think), he actually made some very good points.  One thing he said about Carroll was that he felt over the past few games in particular that Carroll was getting into better positions and was actually laying off the ball (particularly with his head) into spaces that players should be in, but that no one was anticipating or making runs.  Two minutes later Kuyt crossed deep to the back post, Carroll played it back into the middle of the goal, and sure enough, Henderson had not fully anticipated and the ball was cleared.  Good point, and once players do start to anticipate and read Carrolls game better, he will create chances for others.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #542: Feb 01, 2012 11:14:00 am
      Gave Enrique my MoTM vote but quite surprised Spearing doesn't have more meself.

Thought he added some much needed bite in the middle and never stopped. Hope he starts against Spurs.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #543: Feb 01, 2012 11:25:47 am
      great game,great  result ,lets keep it going !YNWA!
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #544: Feb 01, 2012 11:31:37 am
      Another couple of goals in the next two games and the floodgates could open for Carroll.

The most encouraging thing was for me was actually Adam's improved service for Andy - once the team get used to providing pacy, early balls which allow AC to compete with the defender we will be tearing up the scoring charts.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #545: Feb 01, 2012 12:59:51 pm
      Terrific result especially as we closed the gap on Chelsea and put pressure now on Arsenal who have a tough game tonight.

Kenny's slaughtering of the players after Bolton was brilliant because after two big wins, the players may have folded last night but they knew better after Kennys words at the Reebok!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #546: Feb 01, 2012 01:13:26 pm
      Every player has a vote for MOTM there and that shows how well we played. Keep it up!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #547: Feb 01, 2012 01:25:16 pm
      Great win last night. It's so nice to see Andy play well in back to back games. That by itself will be a boost to his confidence, let alone getting a goal too. I thought just about everyone had a decent game last night. Charlie Adam stepped up after some bad outings, and Henderson is really growing as a player.

Thrilled for the goal scorers. Every single one of them deserved it, especially Kuyt. Bellamy has been unbelievable this season. And to think some people didn't want him!

Finally, did anyone see how vital a DM is to our team? Having Spearing in the side helped tremendously. Except apparently to Sky Sports, who gave him a match rating of 4 with "Hardly noticed him." BS.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #548: Feb 01, 2012 01:27:43 pm
      Great win last night. It's so nice to see Andy play well in back to back games. That by itself will be a boost to his confidence, let alone getting a goal too. I thought just about everyone had a decent game last night. Charlie Adam stepped up after some bad outings, and Henderson is really growing as a player.

Thrilled for the goal scorers. Every single one of them deserved it, especially Kuyt. Bellamy has been unbelievable this season. And to think some people didn't want him!

Finally, did anyone see how vital a DM is to our team? Having Spearing in the side helped tremendously. Except apparently to Sky Sports, who gave him a match rating of 4 with "Hardly noticed him." BS.
      Are you actually serious ? Sky are idiots!

Spearing breaks up the play and gets us passing and is always available for a return pass. Mr. Reliable!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #549: Feb 01, 2012 01:33:26 pm
      Good performance and great result!

Jay was excellent condsidering it was his return after injury, great to see Carroll get on the scoresheet and for Dirk to break his league duck for the season.

Considering all done without Stevie and Luis, an add a fit Lucas to that team and things really are looking positive going forward.

Bring on the spuds and mancs!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #550: Feb 01, 2012 01:36:24 pm
      Are you actually serious ? Sky are idiots!

Spearing breaks up the play and gets us passing and is always available for a return pass. Mr. Reliable!

No I'm not saying I agree with Sky. For one, I said he was vital to the team; and two, I wrote BS after their rating.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #551: Feb 01, 2012 01:39:30 pm
      No I'm not saying I agree with Sky. For one, I said he was vital to the team; and two, I wrote BS after their rating.

I don't think he's getting at you mate, he's in disbelief that Sky actually said that.

Quick Reply