Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Agger
      (1.8%)
      Skrtel
      (1.2%)
      Johnson
      (0.6%)
      Enrique
      (20.5%)
      Spearing
      (6.4%)
      Adam
      (4.7%)
      Kuyt
      (2.9%)
      Henderson
      (2.9%)
      Carroll
      (41.5%)
      Bellamy
      (17%)
      Reina
      (0.6%)

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - post match delight

Read 36813 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - post match delight
      Reply #552: Feb 01, 2012 03:17:14 pm
      I actually know what you mean mate. We played well, very well, but that Wolves team aren't a great team. Some of their passing was shocking and needlessly giving it away at times.

All the same, we took advantage and therefore shouldn't fault the team for that. Team needs to know Spurs are going to be a far tougher test and we have to be up for it.
      Let's not forget our apparent voodoo with the lower placed Prem sides, we do seem to play a different game for the likes of manUre etc,  thing of the past hopefully.
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #553: Feb 01, 2012 03:43:10 pm
      Watched a bit of both halves and managed to witness goals from Andy and Bellers. Must say Andy was fantastic and was not isolated from the rest of the team as he usually is. Much improvement and long may it continue. Fantastic result too and am confident the King will see to it we accomplish all our goals this season. Got a feeling the best is yet to come. YNWA
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #554: Feb 01, 2012 03:51:07 pm
      I was very impressed with the team display last night.  We played very well for most of the game, although we did look a bit susceptible to the counter attack when we would get caught pushing too many players forward.  Johno is usually the one caught out of position, so we will need to be more alert to the threat of Bale when we play Spurs on Monday.  I cannot blame Glen for being caught out though as he is only doing what he is told to. 

I was particularly impressed with the performance of Carrol.  He was unlucky not to have an assist inside the first few minutes when his knock down found Kuyt right in front of goal.  As for Andy's goal, his positioning, movement, and finish were all perfect!  It was fortunate that Adam was able to pick him out with such a fantastic ball as well.  Other than that, Carrol did a good job of staying central and causing problems to Wolves CB's, which is what he needs to do on a regular basis. 

Good performance, and a great result!  Bring on the Spuds!!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #555: Feb 01, 2012 04:29:09 pm
      Great result last night made up for Carroll & Kuyt. Bellamy just did what he does! Destroys defenders..
      Great game from wee jay just gets better n better that lad.

Felt a bit sorry for big Mick Mac their supporters are entitled to moan but jesus they are never gonna be a top 6 club are they..

Kenny was well Kenny f***in hilarious takin the piss.

Happy Days..
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #556: Feb 01, 2012 04:32:58 pm
      Good win, solid performance, massivly important 3 pts in the grand sceme of things, the lads had to win this after the week they had, if not the old questions would have been raised again by the media that we dont do the bread and butter.

What this could do for confidence as well cant be measured, after the two Manc games and then winning this with ease the lads will be flying going into the Spurs game.

Great for Andy to get a goal, i just fancied he would last night, was always a menace, put himself about well and it seems the kick up the backside he has had may have done the world of good. Its possible we may now see the sort of player we thought we were getting.

Bellers was great again, he is flying right now, thought he was fantastic first half especially.

Enrique was a beast, and what a knock for Dirks goal.

Though Jay played well, kept us ticking over and his use of the ball is underestimated, that bloke from Sky who gave him a 4 shouldnt work in the game again, thats a discrace.

Charlie did well in fits and starts last night, great ball in for Andys goal, still like to see him not really involved towards our goal, the 3 man midfield certainly suits him.

All in all very pleased, well done Reds, bring on Spuds, that massive now, win that and we are back on their coat tails.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #557: Feb 01, 2012 08:02:17 pm
      Motm performance from Carroll, looks like the big money deal is finally paying off! Overall I think the whole team pulled together second half and once again gave us an important away win, considering our recent cup successes it's great to see us keeping a lively approach to the league campaign LFC FTW!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #558: Feb 01, 2012 08:34:38 pm
      Gave Enrique my MoTM vote but quite surprised Spearing doesn't have more meself.

Thought he added some much needed bite in the middle and never stopped. Hope he starts against Spurs.

I actually didn't say much about Jay after the game, and feel a hit bad now, as I kind of expect that type of performance from him.

He was excellent and I wouldn't take any notice of what mark out of 10 some f**kwit from Sky gave him as I gave up listening to their bulls**t a long time ago.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #559: Feb 02, 2012 06:41:46 pm
      I really like the D of Skrtel and Agger. Especially Agger. He is tough as nails and takes no sh*t from anyone. I love the attitude and aggro'.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #560: Feb 02, 2012 08:37:57 pm
      wolves did create a few chances so they weren't completely sh*te. We seemed to go at the game like it was a cup final, just like we did against the two manc sides. This is the attitude needed for ALL games and probably where we have let ourselves down so often this season. Let's hope it continues for the remainder of the  season now. Good result and 3 points all the same. Well done the lads, lets keep it up whoever starts the next game.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #561: Feb 02, 2012 09:03:59 pm
      Let's not forget our apparent voodoo with the lower placed Prem sides, we do seem to play a different game for the likes of manUre etc,  thing of the past hopefully.
      We do raise our game against the better team, where we struggle is against defensive teams

Wolves to there credit attacked from the start and made the game exciting to watch, there tactics made it easy for us

I think the games at home to Fulham, West Brom and Wigan will really tell us how much we have improved against the lesser teams     
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #562: Feb 03, 2012 01:29:47 am
      I really like the D of Skrtel and Agger. Especially Agger. He is tough as nails and takes no sh*t from anyone. I love the attitude and aggro'.

Agger I feel should be vice captain :)

Quick Reply