Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool v Spuds prediction?

Liverpool win
      (75.5%)
      8th Home League draw
      (19.4%)
      Spuds break Fortress Anfield
      (5.2%)

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur - 6th Feb. 20.00hrs

Read 27436 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur - 6th Feb. 20.00hrs
      Reply #46: Feb 02, 2012 12:10:09 pm
      Don't think it's fair to drop Johnson. He's having a superb season and deserves to have a chance against Bale.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #47: Feb 02, 2012 12:29:37 pm
      I'd have Kelly and Johnson on the right totake care of Bale's threat and Johnson is good enough to get forward and cause problems too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Feb 02, 2012 01:04:24 pm
      I'd have Kelly and Johnson on the right totake care of Bale's threat and Johnson is good enough to get forward and cause problems too.

Snap. I really cant understand how this hasnt been tried out at least once yet
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Feb 02, 2012 01:17:04 pm
      Really hope we give these a good spanking !

Can't stand old arry and his fukin twich. tax dodgin kunt! ;D.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #50: Feb 02, 2012 01:21:30 pm
      Tough game. The only person I think I wouldn't play is Adam, whose lack of mobility would be exposed by the talented technical players in Tottenham's midfield. Spearing, Henderson and Gerrard will hopefully all be available, and they would be my choice for a midfield 3. Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez would seem our best front 3 on current form (at least for Craig and Andy, Suarez is in on merit obviously!). The only other contentious position for me is RB, where the choice is from Johnson or Kelly. I'm not too sure on either, Johnson has more pace to deal with Bale, but Kelly never gives up and times his challenges excellently, so it's a toss up really.

But whatever I think, in Kenny I trust. Looking forward to this one, the lads should be up for it after the shocking game at WHL.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: Feb 02, 2012 01:36:09 pm
      Hope Carroll scores or even has a great game vs Tottenham and shows that the big lad is back.

Replace Bellamy and Henderson  by Gerrard & Suarez. Oh! Kenny can do that!? we have a great squad. just short of 1or 2 great players but the team is good.

Reina
      Johnson    Skrtel   Agger     El Toro
                    Spearing
             Gerrard     Adam
         Kuyt                  Suarez
                   Carroll

Subs: ....... no downing please. This game will be our most difficult game. More difficult than ManU or Man City. Man City and ManU know we play well against them . Tottenham are not afraid of us.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #52: Feb 02, 2012 03:00:55 pm
      This ones going to be a real test hopefully the confidance weve gained from the last three results will be enough to get us a result because then we really could start thinking about CL footy next season !
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #53: Feb 02, 2012 04:00:21 pm
      Tough game. The only person I think I wouldn't play is Adam, whose lack of mobility would be exposed by the talented technical players in Tottenham's midfield.

I personally agree with this, but I think Kenny will stick with Adam in CM.  I think Spearo has a chance at playing alongside him ahead of Hendo for this one, or Gerrard might drop in to the other CM position if Kenny decides to go 4-4-2 with Carrol and Suarez up top. 
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #54: Feb 02, 2012 04:24:41 pm
      I personally agree with this, but I think Kenny will stick with Adam in CM.  I think Spearo has a chance at playing alongside him ahead of Hendo for this one, or Gerrard might drop in to the other CM position if Kenny decides to go 4-4-2 with Carrol and Suarez up top. 

maybe adam will take out bale again like he did last yr...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #55: Feb 02, 2012 04:45:48 pm

Spot on Walton,There danger man stopped spurs stopped??? think they have a few injury's so hopeing to capitalise and get the points.Going for a 1-0 here Suarez to come back and make the headlines. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #56: Feb 02, 2012 06:30:59 pm
      Spearing is the must for this game.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #57: Feb 02, 2012 07:41:46 pm

I'd play Kelly, Johnson, Flanno and Carragher as right back, to take care of Bale, just to be safe.

Be a bit lop-sided, but Enrique gets about on the left, he should be ok, and Suarez will be like a man possessed, so he should cover the rest of the gaps.

Sorted. :f_whistle:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Feb 02, 2012 08:06:49 pm
      I'd play Kelly, Johnson, Flanno and Carragher as right back, to take care of Bale, just to be safe.

Be a bit lop-sided, but Enrique gets about on the left, he should be ok, and Suarez will be like a man possessed, so he should cover the rest of the gaps.

Sorted. :f_whistle:

:f_tongueincheek:  :lmao:

Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #59: Feb 02, 2012 08:19:35 pm
      http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/26381-dippers-their-grand-delusions.html

f***in disgusting set of fans, i really hope we tw*t these cu*ts.
      I hope and pray that we get drawn these cu*ts in the FA cup aswell so we can tw*t'em again.

Utter, utter disrespect

Makes my blood boil :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #60: Feb 02, 2012 08:27:52 pm
      Spurs are a mediocre club.  Fair play to Del Boy Redknapp for getting them top four but once he leaves they'll sink back no nothingness.

Why do they talk about Liverpool harping on about winning things in the 70s and 80s when we've won more  in the last 11 years than they usually win in 50 years. First sniff of actually winning anything and Spurs will get a massive dose of the....
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #61: Feb 02, 2012 08:33:57 pm
      The reaction of the Spuds fans shows they are shitting themselves coming up here.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #62: Feb 02, 2012 08:46:46 pm
      I think they are a decent side when at their best, but they haven't met us at our best yet. We are on a decent run of form at the mo which will have them a bit worried. As long as we don't play Adam to prevent him being over run again, we should more than match them. 2-0 THE RED MEN.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 02, 2012 08:48:10 pm
      Calling Scousers "bin dippers" is a joke. Tottenham's hardly Monaco is it    :roll:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #64: Feb 02, 2012 09:01:07 pm
      http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/26381-dippers-their-grand-delusions.html

F**kin disgusting set of fans, i really hope we tw*t these cu*ts.
      I hope and pray that we get drawn these cu*ts in the FA cup aswell so we can tw*t'em again.

Utter, utter disrespect

Makes my blood boil :mad: :mad: :mad:

What a knobhead ha ha. He probably read 1 fans post somewhere and off he went on his rant, idiot.

As a kid, ye know the age when ye have "a second team" Spurs were the one I liked. That stopped though after I went to Anfield for league game against them. What a bunch of c**ts there crowd are. Obsessed with the "bindippers!" shi*e and all the other well thought out chants about giro's and so on.

Wan*ers. As a positive though its got me wound up now for Monday
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #65: Feb 02, 2012 09:12:12 pm
      3-1 to the Redmen !
      Carroll, Kuyt, and Suarez and we're due an own goal from Carragher  :f_tongueincheek:
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #66: Feb 02, 2012 09:59:57 pm
      Wow thats some fierce reading ! Makes me wonder if i missed the golden years when spurs dominated the english game ! Thats right i didnt sit down shut up sit down shut up !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #67: Feb 02, 2012 10:27:31 pm
      Calling Scousers "bin dippers" is a joke. Tottenham's hardly Monaco is it    :roll:

Just something they robbed from the mancs anyway!

Cockney tw*ts, last year's riots, Broadwater Farm, PC Blakelock, they've got more than enough sh*t on their own doorstep.

And not forgetting their dodgy as F**k, tax-evading manager. I hope we F***ing do them cu*ts on Monday.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Feb 02, 2012 10:45:57 pm
      I was reading that forum last night and made me laugh, they even have a thread called "when we win the league" sorry to say but after this weekend that will not be happening anytime soon :lmao:

Quick Reply