Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

John Terry's Case Due Before Court

Read 41935 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: John Terry's Case Due Before Court
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2012 02:39:46 pm
      This shows   What a disgrace the FA is
        They decided not to treat the matter before the law court, , they new  this will take a much longer time than the supposed indipendent commission, so the england capt.  will finish the PL and euros ,before any action    will be considered, and I am pretty confident this case(which is more serious than the luis/evra case) will be forgotten and buried, JT is english .so!!
       wonder if mr taylor of the FA will comment on this , as he did after the FA cup game last saturday

SHAME

YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2012 02:58:52 pm
      That'll be the law unto themselves FA.

This is a proper court of law though!
      Proper wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe them.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2012 03:26:26 pm
      Well.....

lets hope he is injured between now and then, then we won't have that issue.

Its a disgrace.... and Capello needs to show some balls and kick him out of the squad
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2012 03:30:58 pm
      The word is he will refuse to shake hands with the fascist pr**k as did his brother recently
      In retrospect what Anton Ferdinand did by not shaking hands with the pr**k was against the FA rules of gamesmanship so surely the pr**k Terry could object to the response to his alleged racist language.
      Although if the allegation were true Terry and the FA would be eager not to ruffle anymore Ferdinands than they have done.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2012 03:54:27 pm
      it took 2 minutes to decide on Suarez and now its going to take 5 more months for Terry :D

I don't know whether to laugh or cry :lmao: :f_wah:
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2012 04:13:47 pm
      I don't understand it. The suspension for Luis is already over and we haven't even had any rulings on Terry
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2012 04:20:13 pm
      I genuinely cant belive they have put it off until July, Im sorry but i dont care what commitments they have, they should be made to drop them to give their evidence. Utter shambles.

Means this is going to rumble on until at least the begining of next season..

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2012 04:32:06 pm
      You  can bet your arse somebody at the FA is more than aware of the implications that go with stretching this out for as long as it takes for people to forget about Luis who?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2012 06:26:47 pm
      Nice to see the British sense of fair play is alive and kicking.

The Trial is after the Euro's so it will not inconvenience the witness'.

It will also allow the Captain of the English national football team, who is run by the F.A., to play in the Euro's unhindered. Plus if convicted/banned, this timing will grant the Chavs time to get a replacement in time for the new season.

Where as Liverpool and Suarez got F**k all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2012 06:28:40 pm
      You  can bet your arse somebody at the FA is more than aware of the implications that go with stretching this out for as long as it takes for people to forget about Luis who?
      It also shows that the F.A. do not treat all clubs and players equally,now while that might not be racism it certainly smacks of discrimination as was the sentence imposed on L.F.C. and Luis Suarez.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2012 06:39:42 pm
      It also shows that the F.A. do not treat all clubs and players equally,now while that might not be racism it certainly smacks of discrimination as was the sentence imposed on L.F.C. and Luis Suarez.

^^^This
       As I said  in my previous post in this thread  JT is English and capt of the national team, While luis is not english
                                                                              Jt is a chelski player , while Luis is a liverpool player

Any comments Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association? Doesn't this cocerns you too

different nationality/ different clubs--= different treatment
                    Another form of Racism IMO

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2012 07:08:27 pm
      Not to inconvenience the witness.... Well then I assume we should have got the pick of the matches Luis doesn't play in, or wait for an injury or better yet just include friendly matches while we're at it. Honestly this is a disgrace.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2012 07:40:08 pm
      I'm shocked... but also feel like a F***ing idiot.

Why am I surprised by a disgraceful, biased decision from the FA?

It's par for the course, FFS.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2012 07:51:47 pm
      When it was first reported that Terry had been reported to the police for this, I thought at the time it was rather convenient.

The fact that its been adjourned until after the Euros is even mopre convenient.

Reeks to high even and you can guarantee the Fa have played a significant part in all this from start to finish.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2012 10:19:14 pm
      John Terry won't be facing trial for racial abuse until after Euro 2012.

So he's free to lead his country into Poland.

Just like his hero 'Adolf' did.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2012 12:32:18 am
      John Terry won't be facing trial for racial abuse until after Euro 2012.

So he's free to lead his country into Poland.

Just like his hero 'Adolf' did.
      Guten one
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #39: Feb 02, 2012 01:25:58 am
      Hahah what an absolute disgrace!

You couldn't write it could you?
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2012 01:27:15 am
      The sad thing is, is anyone surprised, even slightly?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2012 01:29:04 am
      Roberts: Euros 'toxic' with Terry

England boss Fabio Capello has been warned of a "toxic" dressing room if he includes skipper John Terry in the country's Euro 2012 squad.

Terry, it was announced on Wednesday, will not face trial for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand until after the championships in Poland and Ukraine. As a result, executive director of Football Against Racism, Piara Powar, says the Football Association must intervene and strip Terry of the captaincy.

"The seriousness of the allegations mean that he can't lead the nation," Powar said. "The FA must do the right thing.

"Innocent until proven guilty. But should John Terry remain as England captain through the Euros? I can't see how he can. To be captain means to be the leader. You have to take everyone with you. Removing the captaincy does not prejudice case."

Terry has maintained his innocence since the alleged incident took place at Loftus Road last October, pleading not guilty to a racially aggravated public order offence.

However, Reading striker and Kick It Out campaigner Jason Roberts publicly stated his desire to see Terry removed from the national team set-up altogether until after the trial is complete.

"Believe me, the dressing room at the Euros will be TOXIC unless the correct decision is made," Roberts said via Twitter. "I do not believe that the England captain should go to the Euros."

Roberts also drew a parallel with the FA's policy regarding Anton's brother Rio Ferdinand, who was removed from England duties before his hearing over a forgotten drugs test, and the Terry trial.

"Innocent until proven guilty is not always the case in football, as @rioferdy5 [Ferdinand] found out in his case," Roberts tweeted. "In many workplaces an allegation of certain behaviour is an immediate suspension."

Terry's case will be heard on July 9, with the Chelsea defender facing a maximum fine of £2,500 if convicted.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1016610/england-risk-%27toxic%27-euros-with-john-terry---jason-roberts?cc=5739
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #42: Feb 02, 2012 06:28:37 am
      bbc news

MP Calls For Terry To Stand Down

John Terry should step aside as captain of England until his trial is concluded, an influential MP has
                               claimed.
                               Chelsea defender Terry denies allegedly racially abusing QPR's Anton Ferdinand in a Premier league
                               game in October.
                               His trial will start on the 9th July after the end of the European Championship.
                               Damien Collins, who is on the Culture, Media and Sport select committee tweeted : "John Terry should
                               stand aside as captain until the case is resolved, and any doubt either way is resolved".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16846990           

Pressure on the FA dinosaurs mounts but they will fight until the last drop of hypocrisy is gone
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012 07:16:42 am by stuey »
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #43: Feb 02, 2012 08:12:15 am
      How many times is John Terry going to be made to stand down before they get the picture he is a tw*t...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #44: Feb 02, 2012 09:05:05 am
      I said before that if found guilty by the courts, the FA would have to punish Terry but...

Suarez would never have been found guilty if the case had been heard in a court of law, the FA's report pretty much admitted that so there is every chance that the court will find Terry innocent due to lack of conclusive eveidence, in which case, I can see the FA dropping any charges of their own.
      In other words, Luis would have been better off being dragged through the courts than facing that joke of an FA panel.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Feb 02, 2012 09:34:51 am
      I said before that if found guilty by the courts, the FA would have to punish Terry but...

Suarez would never have been found guilty if the case had been heard in a court of law, the FA's report pretty much admitted that so there is every chance that the court will find Terry innocent due to lack of conclusive eveidence, in which case, I can see the FA dropping any charges of their own.
      In other words, Luis would have been better off being dragged through the courts than facing that joke of an FA panel.

I can't see that the courts can do something as blatantly corrupt as throwing it out due to lack of evidence Rep, even the layman can lip-read what he says. Even the TV have blurred out his mouth.

Having said that, of course they would. Just print/show a headline 'TERRY INNOCENT' for a few days and the public will shrug their shoulders and accept it as true. Stupid F***ing brainwashed tw*ts.

Quick Reply