Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95623 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #391: Aug 03, 2015 09:16:19 pm
      Maybe because our players are use to poor deliveries :(

Hmm, if we didn't have Gerrard taking free kicks for years then I would go with that to be honest. Just a case of the players not having enough commitment to even make the effort IMO.

Hendo isn't bad at set pieces, he's just inconsistent and for every good delivery there will then be two bad ones. Tex though, he seems to be pretty reliable from I have seen of him so far.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #392: Aug 20, 2015 01:00:52 am
      Watching Teixeria in action tonight, he was fantastic in the first half, second half, I felt it was fitness issues and lack of matches which resulted in poor decisions, but still decent on the ball. You can tell he's thrives on possession football, something we're currently not playing. I doubt he'll have the time to adapt to our style of football, so perhaps it's better for him to move :( He just needs to be playing regularly at his age, and preferably a team that plays football. I don't think he'll be getting that here :(

Sly sports/Osman raving about Tex.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9957251/joao-carlos-teixeira-produces-skilful-performance-in-u21-thriller
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2015 01:13:31 am by PurpleMonkey »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #393: Aug 20, 2015 01:39:06 am
      Watching Teixeria in action tonight, he was fantastic in the first half, second half, I felt it was fitness issues and lack of matches which resulted in poor decisions, but still decent on the ball. You can tell he's thrives on possession football, something we're currently not playing. I doubt he'll have the time to adapt to our style of football, so perhaps it's better for him to move :( He just needs to be playing regularly at his age, and preferably a team that plays football. I don't think he'll be getting that here :(

Sly sports/Osman raving about Tex.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9957251/joao-carlos-teixeira-produces-skilful-performance-in-u21-thriller

You are kind of an odd bird, mixing seeming optimism with extreme downtroddenism (that a word?) in the same post...seen it a few times now. A real negative tinge to a lot of your posts.

Why would he need to move on and why would you say that we don't play the kind of football that he suits? I think we absolutely could use someone like him to spell Coutinho especially in EL and the cups.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #394: Aug 20, 2015 01:55:39 am
      I think we absolutely could use someone like him to spell Coutinho especially in EL and the cups.

What put him on teamsheet duty? I know Gary Mac doesn't come across as a mensa level kind of guy but I reckon he could spell the name of all our players to be honest.

;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #395: Aug 20, 2015 03:11:02 am
      You are kind of an odd bird, mixing seeming optimism with extreme downtroddenism (that a word?) in the same post...seen it a few times now. A real negative tinge to a lot of your posts.

Sorry, I am just posting my opinions down.

Why would he need to move on and why would you say that we don't play the kind of football that he suits? I think we absolutely could use someone like him to spell Coutinho especially in EL and the cups.

This season, I haven't seen us play the type of football that ball players thrive on, the only time I have seen us play possession football is when Lucas was playing for us last season, and he's pretty much out of favour with talks of leaving. Even if we do revert to possession football, he'll have Coutinho or Firmino ahead of him. What if they get injured or need a rest? I can see Rodgers reverting back to our current system to accommodate our other more experienced fringe players.

I don't think Tex will get a strong run of games, and at his age, he needs a consistent run of games to progress and settle rather than being in and out of the team. I also believe we are packed in the attacking areas. As for midfield, Rodgers seems to favour the industrious types. Without Tex, I feel we have enough to cover all competitions. So I just think Tex should be looking for a move to further his career and for us to look into nurturing the next batch of kids (Canos, Wilson, Kent etc).

I would love nothing more than him to stay and play regularly, I absolutely love his play style, but I just can't see it working out. It just feels like another Suso situation.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #396: Aug 20, 2015 08:38:35 am
      it hurts to follow the ressies
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #397: Aug 20, 2015 07:13:01 pm
      Another player, like Illori that I would love to see get some proper game time and opportunities.
      He has looked pretty handy in every game I have seen him play in (admittedly not a lot)
      Hoping that tex, Illori, Gomez all get some real and consistent experience this season and we as fans don't jump on them every time they do well or make a mistake.
      Got to be patient with the youngsters but play them
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #398: Aug 21, 2015 10:15:10 am
      This kid has got something about him ,but will he get the chance with us , i hope he does but i have a nagging thought that he will be shipped on like a lot of the promising youngsters we have had ,.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #399: Aug 21, 2015 10:33:10 am
      He'll get his chances, he just has to remain patient.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #400: Aug 21, 2015 11:00:47 am
      Needs a loan spell with a team in the premiership.

Or stick around and take chances in cup games.

He has defo improved, but holds onto ball too long, like a lot of players in his position do.

Great goal the other night though.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #401: Aug 21, 2015 02:12:01 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #402: Sep 03, 2015 08:14:52 am
      With Couts out I wonder if there is a chance he gets a chance against Utd, maybe off the bench.
      Otherwise I see him ending up like Suso under Rodgers.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #403: Sep 03, 2015 11:03:47 am
      Guess he's as good as gone and hasn't impressed, left out of Europa League squad.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #404: Sep 03, 2015 11:16:37 am
      Guess he's as good as gone and hasn't impressed, left out of Europa League squad.

(* I'm not sure with this)

But is there anything in the fact no under 21 player has been named? ( I know Joao is 22) but no academy player is named in that squad, do they need to be?
      It seems an experienced squad if it's just those lads, no Rossiter named for example in that squad you put down
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #405: Sep 03, 2015 11:24:41 am
      (* I'm not sure with this)

But is there anything in the fact no under 21 player has been named? ( I know Joao is 22) but no academy player is named in that squad, do they need to be?
      It seems an experienced squad if it's just those lads

You are right, U21's do not have to be named and can still qualify to play in Europa league if club trained for at least 2 years. Looking it up, It does not apply to Tex because the player has to be born after 1994 Jan 1st, and he was born in 1993.

Also, on a side note, I thought Tex was 23 turning 24 soon rofl!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #406: Sep 03, 2015 06:40:02 pm
      Hope this lad gets given a chance , don't want to see him just binned off .
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #407: Sep 03, 2015 06:44:58 pm
      Please God let this lad get a chance!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #408: Sep 03, 2015 06:47:10 pm

Agree. We need more technical guile in our midfield. Too many workhorses and not enough imagination.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #409: Sep 03, 2015 07:41:17 pm

Brendan is far from God.  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #410: Sep 03, 2015 08:04:06 pm
      Tell him that  ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #411: Sep 03, 2015 08:23:42 pm

And there was me thinking he was a good catholic boy.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #412: Sep 03, 2015 08:32:28 pm
      And there was me thinking he was a good catholic boy.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #413: Sep 03, 2015 10:18:59 pm
      23 in January and has what 1 appearance for us? Not a youth anymore. Another career down the swanny by joining Liverpool by the looks of it.

Undoubted talent so why not get a chance?

Quick Reply