Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 94790 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #483: Jan 03, 2016 11:38:08 am
      It's time to give this lad a chance. He is likely to show the hunger that's missing from the senior players.
      Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino should not feel so relaxed about their starting places.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #484: Jan 03, 2016 03:08:07 pm
      It's time to give this lad a chance. He is likely to show the hunger that's missing from the senior players.
      Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino should not feel so relaxed about their starting places.

spot on, the 3 of them have not showed up in most game this season, we should be giving Tex his chance
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #485: Jan 08, 2016 06:02:00 pm
      Hope this kid has a stormer tonight cmon Tex show us what your made of .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #486: Jan 08, 2016 06:02:47 pm
      what a chance for the lads tonight .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #487: Jan 08, 2016 10:08:23 pm
      Very classy footballer.

I'm just wondering what it is that limits his chances.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #488: Jan 08, 2016 10:10:40 pm
      Very classy footballer.

Mostly Coutinho I'd say so maybe he'll get more games in the next month?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #489: Jan 08, 2016 10:13:47 pm
      Very classy footballer.

Poor mentality or even desire he did nothing in that second half to get his foot on the ball to dictate play.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #490: Jan 08, 2016 10:26:42 pm
      Thought he showed some composure on the ball, and did pretty well considering conditions. Similar problem to the regulars, hard to look good when static forward in front, but imo tonight was night to swing a few more into Christian rather than play through the furrows.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #491: Jan 08, 2016 10:31:08 pm
      Very classy footballer.

Impatience I think Si.  He stops following the plan, disappears because he's not where he should be, then to make amends starts trying to do everything himself.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #492: Jan 09, 2016 05:36:42 am
      Impatience I think Si.  He stops following the plan, disappears because he's not where he should be, then to make amends starts trying to do everything himself.

Noticed that Debs, he had chacne to lay on passes, missed the opportunity, then tried trickery to get out of it but most times he had the ball taken off him.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #493: Jan 20, 2016 12:35:40 pm
      Hope gets his chance again tonight. Imo he did well last time out. And if can play well again, maybe should be starting PL games  ... like, would he do less than Lallana ?!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #494: Jan 21, 2016 12:26:01 am
      Certainly a better central player. Comes in an out of games, but got a lot of talent and good finish for his first goal for the club. Hope he gets the chance to shine, as I believe he'll become a far better player with higher quality players in and around him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #495: Jan 21, 2016 01:25:22 am
      Certainly a better central player. Comes in an out of games, but got a lot of talent and good finish for his first goal for the club. Hope he gets the chance to shine, as I believe he'll become a far better player with higher quality players in and around him.

Yeah, as soon as he moved inside, a lot of the play went through him, he was fantastic. Even when he was out wide, he was working hard by tracking back as well as making a lot of fantastic runs into space. Surprised he didn't take any set pieces too.

I just love his simplicity and patience where he keeps the ball ticking and doesn't force the play, I feel he's the type of attacking midfielder that controls the tempo, a different type of attacking mid to Coutinho who is more of a gambler and forces the play.

I remember saying on the forums that we should sell Coutinho after the 13/14 season and take a gamble on Tex as backup to Sterling. I always thought he had the potential to be a CL quality player, maybe he still can if he gets the right move in the summer and plays regularly.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #496: Jan 21, 2016 03:48:16 am
      He should move on at the end of his contract. He's a decent enough player, but I can't see him ever making it here. Should go elsewhere and play regularly and see if he can have career in the premier league.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #497: Jan 21, 2016 08:28:57 am
      Good for a low prem team. Isn't good enough for us unfortunately. He's 23 and needs to play every game!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #498: Jan 21, 2016 12:33:11 pm
      Good for a low prem team. Isn't good enough for us unfortunately. He's 23 and needs to play every game!

sorry you lost me when you said (Isn't good enough for us)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #499: Jan 21, 2016 03:55:05 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #500: Jan 21, 2016 10:01:21 pm
      Joao Carlos Teixeira: I want to stay at Liverpool FC - but I want to play!

19:00, 21 JAN 2016          BY JAMES PEARCE

Liverpool's Joao Teixeira cannot quite believe that he has grabbed his side's third goal

Joao Carlos Teixeira is hoping contract talks with Liverpool FC reach a successful conclusion as he looks to build on his classy performance against Exeter City.

The Portuguese attacking midfielder, who celebrated his first senior goal for the Reds in the 3-0 FA Cup third round replay win at Anfield, is out of contract this summer.

Negotiations over a new deal are ongoing as the 23-year-old battles to prove to manager Jürgen Klopp that he has the qualities required to play a big role in the club’s future.

“We are in conversations at the moment,” Teixeira told the ECHO.

“My contract runs out at the end of this season. I want to stay but we will see what happens.

“I don’t want to think about my future too much right now. I just want to play football. I want to enjoy this moment and try to build on it.

“I just have to keep working hard and keep doing my best in training. Whenever chances come along like this to impress Jürgen Klopp, it’s up to me to show him that I deserve more chances.”

Klopp praised Teixeira for the “big jumps in the development” and insisted “I‘d like to work with him longer”. However, the Reds boss also said that Teixeira is reaching an age where he needs to be playing regularly.

It’s four years since Teixeira arrived at Liverpool’s Academy in a £830,000 move from Sporting Lisbon. Handed a debut by Brendan Rodgers away to Fulham in February 2014, he then found game-time hard to come by.

A successful loan spell at Brighton last season was cut short by a broken leg but he returned to fitness ahead of schedule in pre-season.

Rodgers opted to keep him at Melwood rather than send him on loan again but he was surprisingly left out of the Europa League squad.

Klopp picked him for the League Cup clash with Bournemouth in October but it was three months before he featured again. The FA Cup tie with Exeter finally gave him another opportunity to showcase his talents and he didn’t disappoint in either game.

Teixeira’s trickery and eye for a pass helped Liverpool create a succession of chances on Wednesday night. Positioned out on the left, he also put in a real shift tracking back. He rounded off a fine display by coolly netting Liverpool’s third in front of the Kop late on.

Liverpool's Joao Teixeira grabs his side's third goal against Exeter City

It was a goal at the same end playing for Sporting Under-19s in the NextGen Series which had first alerted the Reds to his huge potential back in August 2011.

“That wasn’t my first goal in front of the Kop,” said a beaming Teixeira.

“My first was for Sporting when I first came here to play against Liverpool.

“But this one felt very special. That was my first in a Liverpool shirt and it was a great feeling.

“It was a great pass from Christian Benteke and I was able to beat the keeper. It’s always good to score and to get one at such a famous stadium in front of a big crowd is even better.”

Teixeira wasn’t the only one to grasp the chance he was presented with and he believes the dominant performance of such a youthful side bodes well for the club’s future.

There were five home debutants in Brad Smith, Tiago Ilori, Kevin Stewart, Pedro Chirivella and Sheyi Ojo, who came off the bench to curl home the Reds’ second goal.

“It was a great night for all the team. We won at home with a very young team,” said Teixeira, who has been an unused substitute seven times in the Premier League so far this season.

“We played very well and I’m very happy for everyone. The manager told us to go out there and enjoy it. He told us it was 90 minutes of our lives and to do our best. You could see how much effort everyone put into it.

“It was a very different game to the one at Exeter. The pitch was better and bigger here. We were able to pass the ball better and we were able to create so many chances. We dominated possession and played some great football.

“The stadium was full and the crowd were really behind the young players which was very important. The young players showed a lot of character to perform like that.

“The fans can see that there are some very good young players coming through.

“Klopp was very happy with everyone. He put that team out there because he believed we could do well and we managed to repay the faith he showed.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joao-carlos-teixeira-want-stay-10771248#rlabs=2%20rt

I hope a deal can be thrashed out. He clearly wants to stay and he's shown himself to be an intelligent and quite talented lad on the pitch.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #501: Jan 21, 2016 10:08:08 pm
      What I got from Klopp in the post match press conference is that Teixeira can leave if he wants to in order to search for first team football. That said, he is more than welcome at Liverpool to fight and progress towards the first team. However I don't think he is likely to break into the first team anytime soon and at 23 I kind of expect him to leave the club, if not this window then in the summer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #502: Jan 21, 2016 10:16:46 pm
      What I got from Klopp in the post match press conference is that Teixeira can leave if he wants to in order to search for first team football. That said, he is more than welcome at Liverpool to fight and progress towards the first team. However I don't think he is likely to break into the first team anytime soon and at 23 I kind of expect him to leave the club, if not this window then in the summer.

Unfortunately I think you could be right. I just hope he isn't not featuring in league games because of his age compared to other younger players. I feel for the lad, he's had a tough break with a few injuries and I don't think he's had anywhere near enough chances to show what he can do.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #503: Jan 21, 2016 10:48:41 pm
      He's always looked pretty good when he's played, I'm unsure why he hasn't featured more. Potential to be a very good player but at the same time, maybe he just isn't making the cut in training to get more chances. Who knows, hopefully if we do let him leave it doesn't prove to be a mistake though.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #504: Jan 21, 2016 11:04:42 pm
      i would play him whilst Cou is injured and see what he can do in the prem till Phil returns
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #505: Jan 22, 2016 05:00:25 am

I hope a deal can be thrashed out. He clearly wants to stay and he's shown himself to be an intelligent and quite talented lad on the pitch.

We already have Coutinho, Firmino, and Ibe, all of whom are better and clearly more is thought of them. We're clearly looking to sign another winger or attacking midfielder. We've been reliably linked with Sane and Gotze and it we've bid on Teixeira. We have Markovic who Klopp apparently wanted to recall and use - Markovic also adds a tonne of pace. It's also known that Markovic is rated very highly by the club and was considered a massive coup when we signed him. We've Lallana who has been a key player under Klopp and Klopp seems to really like him. Then we've also got the young lads like Ojo, Kent, and Wilson. Keeping him would be a poor thing to do not only from a numbers perspective, but in terms of looking after the young lad. Sell him on the cheap and include a nice big sell on clause and let's move on.

Quick Reply