Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 94725 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #529: Jan 31, 2016 09:24:28 pm
      What I mean is he has all the attribute's that Coutinho has, ball control, passing, and from what I remember I from his days in the ressies, his shooting is as good.
      I know he hasn't proven himself at the top level, but I believe he will, I've had high hopes for him since we bought him, and have been frustrated that we haven't given him a chance until now.
      As for Suso, it's a case of horses for courses, maybe he's more suited for the PL than the Italian league, maybe with more PL experience he could've developed better, who knows!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #530: Jan 31, 2016 09:26:17 pm
      Agree but Tex does have the fact that he joined us with a back problem that required a year out the game. I think he spent a large portion of that basically in a brace. So I think with that in mind he deserves a little extra patience to develop and now is that time, he's starting to break into the first team and we'll get to see if he's good enough.

Like you, Mick and probably the majority I think he probably wont turn out to be good enough but he is also not that far off that he should be cast aside either. That is even more the case when the people he's competing with for first team minutes are performing so poorly.

For instance would you prefer to keep Lallana or Ibe in the side at the expense of Teixeira, right now I'd prefer to shift someone else wide and let Tex have a go. He looks to be able to unlock defences and that's what we're missing, certainly a better deputy for Coutinho than either of those.

Like I said, I'm not claiming he's the next Silva or Ozil but he shows enough promise to be given a few more chances and as we know Jürgen was furious with Brendan's decision not to include him in the Europa League squad as that would have been perfect.

He should be moved on. All we're doing by persisting with him is limiting the chances players with actual chances of making it have to play first team football. Teixeira's minutes should be going to the likes of Ojo, Kent, and Wilson because the likelihood that one of them makes it is far greater than the likelihood that Teixeira makes it. If he has any sense, he'll also move on because he's not as good as Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, or Ibe. When Markovic returns there'll be another player who's better than him. And seeing as we've been strongly linked with someone like Alex Teixeira, it's probably fair to say we're still not satisfied with the attacking midfield position so I think it's reasonable to expect another one to come in and be ahead of him in the pecking order.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #531: Jan 31, 2016 09:41:07 pm
      He should be moved on. All we're doing by persisting with him is limiting the chances players with actual chances of making it have to play first team football. Teixeira's minutes should be going to the likes of Ojo, Kent, and Wilson because the likelihood that one of them makes it is far greater than the likelihood that Teixeira makes it. If he has any sense, he'll also move on because he's not as good as Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, or Ibe. When Markovic returns there'll be another player who's better than him. And seeing as we've been strongly linked with someone like Alex Teixeira, it's probably fair to say we're still not satisfied with the attacking midfield position so I think it's reasonable to expect another one to come in and be ahead of him in the pecking order.
      What makes you think Markovic will return, or be be better than him when he does? Markovic will not play in Central attacking midfield, And Lallana has been poor this season. Have you really seen enough of Tex to write him off? I'd like to see him get a proper chance, he deserves at least that, and if I'm wrong, then no harm done.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #532: Jan 31, 2016 09:50:13 pm
      Sorry, but that's ridiculous. There isn't an area of his game where Coutinho isn't significantly better. The much maligned Lallana is significantly better at almost everything too. If he had Coutinho's 6-7 seasons at a high level under his belt, he'd be 29.

I think Tex is a more patient player and has better ball playing ability that Coutinho, and as for the 6-7 seasons, if injures didn't hamper him and he had the opportunities/playing time that Coutinho had, I'm sure he would've progressed nicely, and maybe would've been as good as our little magician.

As for Lallana being significantly better, in terms of game experience and pressing, sure, but since he joined us, I haven't seen anything else that suggests Lallana is a better footballer than Tex.

Anyway, due to lack of opportunities (more experienced players in front of him) and injures that has stumped his progression, I don't think Teixeria will make it for us, but I believe he is capable of playin at a high level, he just needs to find the right club.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #533: Jan 31, 2016 09:51:00 pm
      What makes you think Markovic will return, or be be better than him when he does? Markovic will not play in Central attacking midfield, And Lallana has been poor this season. Have you really seen enough of Tex to write him off? I'd like to see him get a proper chance, he deserves at least that, and if I'm wrong, then no harm done.

Klopp has come out and said that he has tried to recall Markovic. Even if Markovic doesn't return he's still behind several other players. If you're saying that Teixeira is ONLY going to play central attacking midfield, his chances of making it here are reduced even further. Teixeira doesn't only play centrally anyway, we've seen him play in a front three in one of the wide positions. What makes me think Markovic will be better than him is that from what I've seen of Markovic, he's a better player. He offers more of what we need (pace and directness from wide areas), he cost money so the club will be keen to see a return on the investment, and Klopp is apparently a fan. Everyone keeps saying Lallana has been poor, yet he still gets games over Teixeira and this has happened under two good managers now. Rodgers and Klopp aren't idiots. If you're wrong and we give him a chance there is harm done. Again, we take away opportunities from players who are significantly more likely to make it at the club than Teixeira.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #534: Jan 31, 2016 09:55:30 pm
      I think Tex is a more patient player and has better ball playing ability that Coutinho, and as for the 6-7 seasons, if injures didn't hamper him and he had the opportunities/playing time that Coutinho had, I'm sure he would've progressed nicely, and maybe would've been as good as our little magician.

As for Lallana being significantly better, in terms of game experience and pressing, sure, but since he joined us, I haven't seen anything else that suggests Lallana is a better footballer than Tex.

Anyway, due to lack of opportunities (more experienced players in front of him) and injures that has stumped his progression, I don't think Teixeria will make it for us, but I believe he is capable of playin at a high level, he just needs to find the right club.

What is ball playing ability? The ability to make a pass that cuts open a team?

There are reasons that he didn't have the opportunities Coutinho was given - one of them being he's no where near as good.

You haven't seen anything that would suggest Lallana is a better footballer than Teixeira? Really? Well, two very good managers seem to think Lallana is a better footballer than him and have selected Lallana over him. I'd be shocked if any manager in the league would take Teixeira ahead of Lallana.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #535: Jan 31, 2016 10:01:37 pm
      Klopp has come out and said that he has tried to recall Markovic. Even if Markovic doesn't return he's still behind several other players. If you're saying that Teixeira is ONLY going to play central attacking midfield, his chances of making it here are reduced even further. Teixeira doesn't only play centrally anyway, we've seen him play in a front three in one of the wide positions. What makes me think Markovic will be better than him is that from what I've seen of Markovic, he's a better player. He offers more of what we need (pace and directness from wide areas), he cost money so the club will be keen to see a return on the investment, and Klopp is apparently a fan. Everyone keeps saying Lallana has been poor, yet he still gets games over Teixeira and this has happened under two good managers now. Rodgers and Klopp aren't idiots. If you're wrong and we give him a chance there is harm done. Again, we take away opportunities from players who are significantly more likely to make it at the club than Teixeira.
      But what if he does prove good enough? People say Rodgers gave the kids chances, I would disagree with that, there was one season when he was forced to play the kids by having the squad trimmed from underneath him, but other than Sterling he didn't really bring a lot of youngsters through.
      Klopp is now giving the young guys a chance in the FA cup, hopefully he'll see what he needs to, if he decides Tex is good/not good enough, that's good enough for me, but I'll tell you what, Lallana needs to get his sh*t together or he could well find himself replaced by Teixeria, and I've been one of Lallana's biggest supporters!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #536: Jan 31, 2016 10:05:06 pm
      What is ball playing ability? The ability to make a pass that cuts open a team?

I'm sure you know what I mean by ball playing ability..... at least I hope you do :p

You haven't seen anything that would suggest Lallana is a better footballer than Teixeira? Really? Well, two very good managers seem to think Lallana is a better footballer than him and have selected Lallana over him. I'd be shocked if any manager in the league would take Teixeira ahead of Lallana.

I would choose Lallana over Tex for the same reason why I assume Klopp does it, his experience and high energy pressing game, not for his footballing ability.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #537: Feb 01, 2016 02:12:39 am
      There's an exceptional talent here for me, he's still a way off and people point to his age in regards why not before. But simply put different players mature at different ages, I really hope we stick by the lad (and him us) as with first team game time he will only get better and better.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #538: Feb 01, 2016 03:32:40 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #539: Feb 01, 2016 03:35:30 pm
      He is 23 and should be well established as a first team regular. We may not like it but our league is very physical and this kid is just to small and lightweight. I could see him doing far better in Spain .
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #540: Feb 01, 2016 04:14:34 pm
      He is 23 and should be well established as a first team regular. We may not like it but our league is very physical and this kid is just to small and lightweight. I could see him doing far better in Spain .

Again, I cannot understand the fascination with Teixera. He is a capable squad player but some are thinking he's the second coming of Xabi Alonso. He is not. I would have him in the team to provide us with depth but he won't be in the starting XI I don't think.

It was the first time I'd watched him in the flesh, and from what I saw, it was Joe Allen - who gets so much grief - who was doing all the work. His pressing was excellent, he was tough in the tackle (he has muscled up I think) and he was incisive and his ball retention was excellent. And let's remind ourselves Joe is only two years older than Teixera.

My opinion is we should be desperate to hold onto Allen, more so than Teixera.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #541: Feb 01, 2016 05:50:15 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #542: Feb 02, 2016 10:41:13 pm
      some of you are out of your fvking minds, after watching our 1st team tonight at Leicester, Tex needs to start the next game along with smith and Brannagan 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #543: Feb 02, 2016 11:45:16 pm
      some of you are out of your fvking minds, after watching our 1st team tonight at Leicester, Tex needs to start the next game along with smith and Brannagan 

Agreed, just watch the clip above and then watch the likes of Lallana/Milner in our game tonight and see the difference in level of creativity, it's night and day.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #544: Feb 05, 2016 10:02:56 pm
      In his own mind, if he can't get into the side tomorrow - the way things are with form, injuries, how we desperately need creativity from midfield, bit of guile - if the manager doesn't give him a run he must feel his future is elsewhere this summer.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #545: Feb 05, 2016 10:37:29 pm
      this guy swans around the pitch like hes made it already, far too casual and has no burst of pace and has not done enough to break into the first team at the age of 23.

get rid
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #546: Feb 05, 2016 10:49:02 pm
      this guy swans around the pitch like hes made it already, far too casual and has no burst of pace and has not done enough to break into the first team at the age of 23.

get rid
      That's a crazy! He's the closest thing we have to coutinho,  I'd start him over Lallana now. I remember watching him playing for the reserves, he can shoot, passing and bring the ball forward.
      I'd put money on him taking his opportunity if Klopp gives him his chance from the start.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #547: Feb 05, 2016 10:50:44 pm
      In his own mind, if he can't get into the side tomorrow - the way things are with form, injuries, how we desperately need creativity from midfield, bit of guile - if the manager doesn't give him a run he must feel his future is elsewhere this summer.
      Guile and grit are the 2 things we badly need .

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #548: Feb 05, 2016 10:56:09 pm

get rid

Not every player is or has to be rapid. This isn't FIFA.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #549: Feb 05, 2016 11:46:05 pm
      Guile and grit are the 2 things we badly need .

Bit of quality wouldn't be a miss either like.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #550: Feb 05, 2016 11:59:08 pm
      Bit of quality wouldn't be a miss either like.
      Goes without saying i suppose .

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #551: Feb 07, 2016 04:39:47 pm

get rid

keep playing fifa you never know one day you might wake up

Quick Reply