Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95564 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #92: Oct 20, 2013 08:01:08 pm
      The lad had a great game for the under 21s against West Brom today. He has skill and control to rival Coutinho, he'll break into the first team this season or next.

Didn't see the game mate but when we got him I thought we'd acquired a real gem. (watched him in the next gen series the year before)

Glad to hear he's playing well again for the U21's after recovering from very difficult back problems. Absolutely one I have held high hopes for, for a long time.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #93: Oct 20, 2013 08:08:51 pm
      Didn't see the game mate but when we got him I thought we'd acquired a real gem. (watched him in the next gen series the year before)

Glad to hear he's playing well again for the U21's after recovering from very difficult back problems. Absolutely one I have held high hopes for, for a long time.
      Yeah, he destroyed us that year in the next gen series, surprised Sporting let him go to be honest.
      I wouldn't be surprised if he and McLaughlin got promoted soon.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #94: Nov 17, 2013 07:22:26 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #95: Nov 17, 2013 07:35:23 pm
      Been very impressed with his performances, particularly the ones as of late. Chipping in with goals and creating quite a lot of chances. Between him and Suso we could have 2 incredibly creative attacking midfielders for the first team in the near future. It really is such a shame B teams aren't allowed in English football.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #96: Nov 17, 2013 07:53:17 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it here. Seems like a promising youngster, but he'll be 21 in January and you would've expected him to break through by now. Then again, all talents blossom at different ages.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #97: Nov 17, 2013 08:12:42 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it here. Seems like a promising youngster, but he'll be 21 in January and you would've expected him to break through by now. Then again, all talents blossom at different ages.

He was injured for the whole first season he joined us which had a big impact on his progression. Some talents do blossom late Didier Drogba didn't sign his first professional contract until he was 21.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #98: Nov 18, 2013 01:03:26 am
      The lads a talent, reminds me of Suso in the way they both have that creative edge about them.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #99: Nov 18, 2013 06:46:43 am
      Looks more British than European with his strength on the ball in that clip. Impressive, not a Coutinho though for me, more of a goalscoring attacking midfielder in the making.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Nov 18, 2013 12:01:42 pm
      Looks more British than European with his strength on the ball in that clip. Impressive, not a Coutinho though for me, more of a goalscoring attacking midfielder in the making.

He and Suso are definitely not no.10s mate, both play slightly deeper than a 10 with Suso probably the deepest of the 2.

I'm liking what I've seen of Tex this season, he's come on massively from last season and seems his original injury problems are over.  Would love us to find him a really good loan move for the rest of the season as we don't really need him for the u21's and he's not ready for the 1st team, yet.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #101: Nov 18, 2013 03:11:09 pm
      Would love us to find him a really good loan move for the rest of the season as we don't really need him for the u21's and he's not ready for the 1st team, yet.

I'd go with that. Wouldn't want to see him shoe-horned into the side out of position just for the sake of getting a game, as we've done with youngsters in the past. Much rather he secured regular playing time somewhere with a view to making a claim for a spot in the middle.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #102: Nov 18, 2013 09:17:34 pm
      Looks tidy on the ball and can spot a pass.
      Only issue is that he appears completely right footed.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #103: Feb 02, 2014 06:10:53 am
      I saw that he is training with the first team... Possibility to be named in the squad tomorrow?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #104: Feb 02, 2014 08:58:34 pm
      Nice to see Teixeira train with the first team and travel to the game.
      Good experience for the lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #105: Feb 11, 2014 10:35:42 am
      Teixeira in contention for Liverpool’s first team squad says Rodgers

11 Feb 2014 09:58
      "Joao has been one of the outstanding performers for the reserves"

Luis Suarez and Joao Carlos Teixeira during a training session at Melwood
      Brendan Rodgers has revealed how the form of youngster Joao Carlos Teixeira has put him in contention for Liverpool’s first team squad .

The Portugal Under-21s midfielder has been promoted from the Academy to train at Melwood in recent weeks.

Rodgers has been impressed by Teixeira, who has yet to make a senior appearance since his £800,000 move from Sporting Lisbon two years ago.

Teixeira was included in the travelling party for the recent FA Cup tie against Bournemouth.

The Reds boss believes the youngster, who had a brief loan spell at Brentford earlier in the season, is starting to fulfil his potential.

“I have contact with Alex Inglethorpe on a daily basis and Joao has been one of the outstanding performers for the reserves,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“It's been difficult for him at times. When he has stepped up to the first team before it has been difficult for him.

“But I’ve seen a big difference in him. He is a talent.

“I always observe in training and see where players are at and Joao has looked very good. His intensity, the speed of his game – he has undoubted quality and he has showed up very well. We have brought in a number of young players to be around the squad.

“Brad Smith has been training here along with Jack Dunn, Joao and Stephen Sama. They have all looked very good and that’s the idea – to bring young players through.”

Link

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #106: Feb 11, 2014 10:45:16 am
      Teixeira in contention for Liverpool’s first team squad says Rodgers

11 Feb 2014 09:58
      "Joao has been one of the outstanding performers for the reserves"

Luis Suarez and Joao Carlos Teixeira during a training session at Melwood
      Brendan Rodgers has revealed how the form of youngster Joao Carlos Teixeira has put him in contention for Liverpool’s first team squad .

The Portugal Under-21s midfielder has been promoted from the Academy to train at Melwood in recent weeks.

Rodgers has been impressed by Teixeira, who has yet to make a senior appearance since his £800,000 move from Sporting Lisbon two years ago.

Teixeira was included in the travelling party for the recent FA Cup tie against Bournemouth.

The Reds boss believes the youngster, who had a brief loan spell at Brentford earlier in the season, is starting to fulfil his potential.

“I have contact with Alex Inglethorpe on a daily basis and Joao has been one of the outstanding performers for the reserves,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“It's been difficult for him at times. When he has stepped up to the first team before it has been difficult for him.

“But I’ve seen a big difference in him. He is a talent.

“I always observe in training and see where players are at and Joao has looked very good. His intensity, the speed of his game – he has undoubted quality and he has showed up very well. We have brought in a number of young players to be around the squad.

“Brad Smith has been training here along with Jack Dunn, Joao and Stephen Sama. They have all looked very good and that’s the idea – to bring young players through.”

Link

Great to hear that, was delighted when we got this lad, thought he stood out like a sore thumb in that Next Gen series. Obviously he's had to get over a pretty rare condition and it sounds like things are moving forward for him again. It's going to be very hard for him to force his way into the team but a few appearances off the bench would do him the world of good.

Well in Joao.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #107: Feb 11, 2014 11:45:20 am
      That's absolutely fabulous news for the lad.  He's had such a rocky road since he arrived with a back injury that kept him out for nearly 12 months at a time when he needed to be playing. 

So happy for him that at last Brendan/Alex has seen his qualities and brought him to Melwood.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #108: Feb 11, 2014 11:48:28 am
      That's absolutely fabulous news for the lad.  He's had such a rocky road since he arrived with a back injury that kept him out for nearly 12 months at a time when he needed to be playing. 

So happy for him that at last Brendan/Alex has seen his qualities and brought him to Melwood.

Has all the feeling of him coming on for Coutinho at the end of games.
      Would be great for the kid.
      Although I'm not sure where that leaves Alberto.

Anyway the more hungry/energetic players we get in the squad the better,
      and if we can't sign them then we could do worse than Teixeira, Smith, Dunn and Sama.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #109: Feb 11, 2014 12:00:31 pm
      Has all the feeling of him coming on for Coutinho at the end of games.
      Would be great for the kid.
      Although I'm not sure where that leaves Alberto.

Anyway the more hungry/energetic players we get in the squad the better,
      and if we can't sign them then we could do worse than Teixeira, Smith, Dunn and Sama.

We can never have too much quality in the squad though Racer and it's even better when it comes from the Academy. 

I'm not too concerned about where/how all these young creative, attacking players will be integrated into the starting 11, I'm just happy that we've got them.  Coutinho, Alberto, Teixera, Suso, Raheem, Ibe, Dunn, all 21 or under, all more than capable of becoming 1st team players, all more than capable of becoming match winners.

Fowler we've been waiting for years for Rafa's work at the Academy to come to fruition and finally we're getting there.  F**k the class of '92 watch out for the class of 2015/16   ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Feb 11, 2014 12:17:24 pm
      We can never have too much quality in the squad though Racer and it's even better when it comes from the Academy. 

I'm not too concerned about where/how all these young creative, attacking players will be integrated into the starting 11, I'm just happy that we've got them.  Coutinho, Alberto, Teixera, Suso, Raheem, Ibe, Dunn, all 21 or under, all more than capable of becoming 1st team players, all more than capable of becoming match winners.

Fowler we've been waiting for years for Rafa's work at the Academy to come to fruition and finally we're getting there.  F**k the class of '92 watch out for the class of 2015/16   ;D

I know we need to be patient when looking at them,
      but there is surely a proper spine there for years to come.

Add in Flanagan and Wisdom at the back.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #111: Feb 11, 2014 12:37:37 pm
      I know we need to be patient when looking at them,
      but there is surely a proper spine there for years to come.

Add in Flanagan and Wisdom at the back.

Just replied to your post in Brendans thread mate along the same lines.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #112: Feb 11, 2014 12:52:13 pm
      Just replied to your post in Brendans thread mate along the same lines.

Yeah,we're going to need them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #113: Feb 12, 2014 10:18:01 pm
      Congrats on your debut young man. By all accounts done quite well. A lot more to come from this kid methinks!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: Feb 12, 2014 10:21:00 pm
      Nice little pass to Sturridge for the penalty.

Quick Reply