Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 94729 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #46: Jul 08, 2012 12:55:54 am
      it's 19 and under
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #47: Jul 08, 2012 08:54:09 am
      He's 19 now, don't think he qualifies to play as it is the U-19 European Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there's a rule in there somewhere, but I think all players have to be under 19 years of age.

And I'm pretty sure he's training.

Players born after 1 January 1993 will be eligible to participate in this competition.

Seems to depend when you turned 19.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #48: Jul 08, 2012 05:05:47 pm
      Players born after 1 January 1993 will be eligible to participate in this competition.

Seems to depend when you turned 19.

Ah that makes more sense then. So he is eligible to play then, I'm curious as to why he's not there. Maybe he was injured when the squad was selected?
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2012 05:46:31 pm
      Born on 18 Jan 1993, so he's eligible. Can't find him in the Portugal squad, though. Not called up?
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2012 05:49:04 pm
      Born on 18 Jan 1993, so he's eligible. Can't find him in the Portugal squad, though. Not called up?
      No. I recall reading somewhere it's because of A) too much time missed due to injury this spring and B) Portugal is loaded with talent in midfield.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #51: Aug 28, 2012 01:08:04 am
      Joao Carlos Teixeira – The Next Liverpool Star?

ADAM WOODHOUSE AUGUST 27, 2012

Sporting Lisbon’s youth academy has supplied some of Europe’s most talented footballers over the years, with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo and Nani all graduating from the Estádio José Alvalade.

In more recent times the Lisbon club have relied on the transfer market to bolster their squad, but last season they found yet another talented midfielder progressing through their famed academy.

Joao Carlos Teixeira – who turned 19 in January – put in a string of impressive performances for the Portuguese club in the NextGen series, including a goal-scoring performance at Anfield as Sporting’s youngsters outclassed their Liverpool counterparts to win 3-0.

Teixeira – who has been compared to former Chelsea midfielder Deco – completed a quick one-two with his teammate, before confidently and clinically converting the ball into the bottom left corner of the Kop goal (see clip, @ 1min 20secs).

That performance impressed Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish – who was keeping a close eye on the tournament – so much that he sent the club’s scouts to watch the exciting playmaker on a more regular basis.

His outstanding displays in that tournament saw him invited to train with the Sporting first team, but he did not manage to make his debut for the club where he had developed so much as a player.

In February this year, Liverpool announced the signing of Joao Carlos – as he is more informally known – for a fee in the region of £850,000.

Despite their reluctance to lose one of the most talented players to come through their ranks in recent years, Sporting’s difficult financial situation meant that they had to lose Teixeira for a small fee.

He had a difficult start to his Liverpool career, having to sit out the rest of the 2011-12 season with a back injury, but was fit to make his debut in July as the under-18’s beat Exeter 8-1 in a friendly. Just five days later and the dynamic midfielder made his debut for the reserve team - again a winning start, helping the Reds to a 4-2 win over the USA under-20’s.

By being educated in a youth system which insists on getting the ball down and passing to feet, Teixeira will fit perfectly into what Brendan Rodgers and Rodolfo Borrell are trying to do on Merseyside. However, with the recent acquisition of midfielder Joe Allen and the development of Suso, the Reds may look at the loan market to give Joao Carlos the opportunity to progress his game at a more competitive level in English football.

For the time-being the Portuguese under-19 international will continue to develop in Liverpool’s reserve side, but with new manager Rodgers already showing that he is willing to play youngsters if they are good enough, it may not be long before Teixeira is involved with the first team.

http://www.lfcts.com/joao-carlos-teixeira-the-next-liverpool-star/

I'd forgotten about this lad.

A loan could be a good option to a team that plays passing football.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #52: Aug 28, 2012 08:33:03 am
      Will keep an eye on this kid's progress.

Could be the next in line for our midfield in years to come.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Aug 28, 2012 07:04:24 pm
      I think I need to see that clip of him hitting it over the bar one more time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2012 04:03:19 pm
      Anybody any idea what's happened to him?  Can't find anything about any injuries but he's not featured in the under 21's matches I've watched nor did he play in the next gen match against Inter.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2012 04:32:45 pm
      Anybody any idea what's happened to him?  Can't find anything about any injuries but he's not featured in the under 21's matches I've watched nor did he play in the next gen match against Inter.

Been on the bench but not played.
      Apparently had a serious back injury shortly after he joined us.
      Must be frustrating for the young lad.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2012 04:38:19 pm
      A player that would thrive in this system. Must be fighting so hard to get a run of games going
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #57: Sep 26, 2012 04:40:26 pm
      Been on the bench but not played.
      Apparently had a serious back injury shortly after he joined us.
      Must be frustrating for the young lad.

Cheers Racer.  I knew about the back injury but hadn't realised he's been on the bench.

My bad not paying attention.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #58: Sep 26, 2012 04:58:34 pm
      Cheers Racer.  I knew about the back injury but hadn't realised he's been on the bench.

My bad not paying attention.

Liverpool U21 Vs Manchester City
      2-2

Liverpool team: Stephens, Wisdom, Robinson (Smith), Sama, Sokolik, Coady, Ibe (McLaughlin), Roddan, Ngoo, Adorjan, Pelosi. Subs unused: Belford, Sinclair, Teixeira.

Crystal Palace V Liverpool U21
      1-3

Liverpool team: Ward, Flanagan, Robinson, Sama, Wisdom, Coady, Ngoo, Roddan, Morgan, Adorjan, Eccleston. Subs: Smith, Belford, Teixeira, Pelosi, Ibe.

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #59: Jan 11, 2013 12:23:31 am
      found this on him looks like played for u21s and has a goal under his belt already

Liverpool career
      Liverpool agreed a deal, worth a reported £1,000,000 with Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon for their highly-rated midfield playmaker Teixeira in the 2012 January transfer window. Teixeira had impressed Liverpool scouts whilst playing for Lisbon during the 2011-12 NextGen Series, during which he netted against the Reds in Lisbon's 3-0 victory on Merseyside.
      Although Teixeira never managed to make a first-team appearance for Lisbon, the signing was greeted with some excitement by the Liverpool faithful, following comparisons between Teixeira and former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco.

After signing with Liverpool, Teixeira had to sit out the rest of the 2011-12 season due to a back injury. He made his debut for Liverpool in an Under 18s 8-1 friendly victory over Exeter on 14 July 2012, and then made his Reserve team debut on 19 July in the side's 4-2 friendly victory over the USA under 20s. He made his long-awaited competitive debut for the Under 21s on 1 October 2012, coming on for the last ten minutes of a 3-0 victory over Fulham. On 5 November 2012, Teixeira came on for the U21s against Wolverhampton Wanderers at half-time with the Reds trailing 1-0. He made a big impact on the match and claimed an assist for Krisztian Adorjan to make the score 3-1. He then scored his first goal in a red shirt to make it 4-1, with the final score 5-1 to Liverpool.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Feb 06, 2013 03:03:39 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #61: Feb 06, 2013 04:38:42 pm
      Looks like he's starting to get his level of fitness up. I thought he'd be a great signing but looks like he's had to go through some really tough rehab for his back problems so it will take him a bit of time to get up to speed.

20 years old now and will have to start making an impact soon, when we bought him I thought he'd be superb signing, lost a lot of time with his injury though and has to make those up. Hope he does, very similar to Suso in the way he plays, can easily see these two battling it out next year for few first team opportunities that might fall to the younger lads.

Will be monitoring this lad's progress with great interest that's for sure.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #62: Mar 12, 2013 02:06:27 pm
      If Allen is out for the rest of the season hopefully this gives Teixeira a chance to make his debut? Reckon he could turn a few heads with his passing and dribbling ability.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #63: May 15, 2013 12:04:09 pm
      im worried about him. He has undoubted talent and ability but he gets shaken off the ball too easily and sometimes looks like he is losing heart. He is the same age as Coutinho and he has not progressed after the long term injury. I would love him to have a year on loan at a lower premiership team. We would soon see if he is going to make it in this league. Hope he is not left to rot in the under 21s. He needs full on competitive action at a high level and at the moment there is no justification to assume he will get it in our first team.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #64: Jul 14, 2013 08:37:24 pm
      Where is this guy?Shouldn't he be involved with the first team at this tage of the season or do we have a lot many midfielders in the team now and he may find his chances hard to come by.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #65: Aug 15, 2013 07:19:06 pm
      i wonder how he did in the 'sturridge friendly' v newcastle behind closed doors, I think he was in the middle with hendo and maybe alberto, couldn't seem to find too much detailed info on that game. but wouldn't it be sweet to see this guy perform in the cups or even in the prem this season, a midfielder come through showing potential to have an impact sooner rather than later.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #66: Sep 10, 2013 03:46:15 pm
      According to the BBC

Liverpool youngster Joao Carlos Teixeira joins League One side Brentford on a month's loan.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Sep 10, 2013 03:59:16 pm
      According to the BBC

Liverpool youngster Joao Carlos Teixeira joins League One side Brentford on a month's loan.

Just seen it on LFC.tv mate.  Good move for him, he needs a higher standard to make the next step.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #68: Sep 10, 2013 04:00:12 pm
      Best of luck Joao.
      Definitely looked like he needed the step up to first team football.

Quick Reply