Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 94797 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #575: May 20, 2016 03:32:38 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #576: May 20, 2016 03:45:14 pm

Be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully somewhere where he can continue to grow. I remember the excitement when we brought him in after ripping up the UEFA Youth League.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #577: May 20, 2016 04:41:57 pm
      Be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully somewhere where he can continue to grow. I remember the excitement when we brought him in after ripping up the UEFA Youth League.

Already signed pre-contract with Fiorentina.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #578: May 20, 2016 10:29:17 pm
      Really thought this kid would make it , we seem to have been making a bit  of a habit of bringing in these kids and none of them making it .
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #579: Jun 10, 2016 11:40:10 pm
      oao Teixeira apparently going to Porto?
      if true it will be a very good move for him
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #580: Jun 12, 2016 05:50:15 pm
      Well, we have offered him an extension, but if he wants to leave I can understand as his playing time will be limited.

Yeah, just read this, quite surprised we offered him an extension tbh. I think he should leave to find first team football tbh.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #581: Jun 13, 2016 02:36:20 pm
      Signed a 5 year deal with Porto.

Best of luck Tex, I so wanted to see you playing for us but it just wasn't to be  :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #582: Jun 13, 2016 02:47:23 pm
      Good luck to the lad. Hopefully he takes his quality to the next level at Porto, he needs game time that's for sure.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #583: Jun 13, 2016 03:16:11 pm
      Signed a 5 year deal with Porto.

Best of luck Tex, I so wanted to see you playing for us but it just wasn't to be  :(

Same, disappointed he's leaving without ever getting a run in the first team, as you say wasn't meant to be.

Best of luck Tex.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #584: Jun 13, 2016 05:51:28 pm
      Same, disappointed he's leaving without ever getting a run in the first team, as you say wasn't meant to be.

Best of luck Tex.

Bit surprised he didn't get more opportunities last season. Wish him all the best anyway.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #585: Jun 13, 2016 06:07:48 pm
      Bit surprised he didn't get more opportunities last season. Wish him all the best anyway.

Agreed mate, seemed like the decision was made a long time ago. Every time the youth players got a run out Jürgen would almost purposefully leave his name out of the praise list. I suspected back then that there was an issue, either deemed not good enough or I believe someone suggested work ethic is also an issue with the lad allegedly, something just wasn't right I was sure of that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #586: Jun 13, 2016 06:59:17 pm
      Agreed mate, seemed like the decision was made a long time ago. Every time the youth players got a run out Jürgen would almost purposefully leave his name out of the praise list. I suspected back then that there was an issue, either deemed not good enough or I believe someone suggested work ethic is also an issue with the lad allegedly, something just wasn't right I was sure of that.

I don't think he worked hard enough for Jürgen mate. 

He was too happy to do the "glory" stuff, the flicks, tricks etc but not enough graft.  If he had shown any of that either in training or on the pitch I'm almost certain he'd have played more and still been here.

You rarely saw him chasing balls down, tracking back or trying to win it back when he lost it.  You did see him shrug his shoulders and see his chin drop to his chest though and when you're trying to break into any senior team, that's not what you want to see.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #587: Jun 13, 2016 07:44:16 pm
      I don't think he worked hard enough for Jürgen mate. 

He was too happy to do the "glory" stuff, the flicks, tricks etc but not enough graft.  If he had shown any of that either in training or on the pitch I'm almost certain he'd have played more and still been here.

You rarely saw him chasing balls down, tracking back or trying to win it back when he lost it.  You did see him shrug his shoulders and see his chin drop to his chest though and when you're trying to break into any senior team, that's not what you want to see.

He wasn't giving it bifters then? :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #588: Jun 13, 2016 07:51:08 pm
      He wasn't giving it bifters then? :laugh:

Definitely not mate and I doubt Jürgen ever thought "that's boss tha" either  ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #589: Jun 13, 2016 07:55:59 pm
      Definitely not mate and I doubt Jürgen ever thought "that's boss tha" either  ;D

:laugh: I liked Teixeira in fairness, I think he'll blossom back with Porto though and wish him the best of luck!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #590: Jun 13, 2016 08:01:52 pm
      I find it ironic that we're quick to get rid of academy players because of attitude/work ethic yet we're so eager to sign people like Balotelli (no need for explanation), Mane (a few reported issues at Southampton) etc.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #591: Jun 13, 2016 08:26:04 pm
      :laugh: I liked Teixeira in fairness, I think he'll blossom back with Porto though and wish him the best of luck!

I'm gutted he's leaving mate but after the few occasions he played for Jürgen I knew he wouldn't be staying. 

I was disappointed that he didn't make more of his chances because I know he's a damn good player but he's more suited to a technical team than a blood and guts team like Jürgen will build.

I find it ironic that we're quick to get rid of academy players because of attitude/work ethic yet we're so eager to sign people like Balotelli (no need for explanation), Mane (a few reported issues at Southampton) etc.

It seems we offered him an extension mate but he turned it down, I doubt we'll be offering Balo one  ;D
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #592: Jun 13, 2016 09:29:02 pm

Best of luck Tex.

same here
      http://www.abola.pt/img/fotos/ABOLA2015/FOTOSDR/PORTUGAL/joaocarlosteixeiraporto.jpg
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #593: Jun 13, 2016 09:29:49 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #594: Jun 13, 2016 10:35:43 pm

I'm sorry, whenever he played for our first team, he did a significant amount of grafting for a playmaker...was even decent for the reserves whenever I watched him. And for him to be offered a contract probably indicates that Klopp liked what he saw in training/first team.

I would assume lack of games/opportunity was down to Teixeira's refusal to sign a contract in the 2nd half of the season, and adding to that, we had Coutinho, Lallana, Milner and Firmino ahead of him.

Thing is, we don't know if it's down to attitude/work ethic, look a Joe Allen as an example....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #595: Jun 13, 2016 10:36:33 pm

You know, I'm actually surprised Porto came in for him. Thought he would end up at a lower standard team.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #596: Jun 14, 2016 02:54:46 am
      Very good player imo, wish him all the best. Not sure where the not willing to put a shift in has come from on a few posters above. Watched him a fair bit in his loan at Brighton and would never be something you could aim at the lad. I loved the way he played with his head up, something that many players who are still on our squad list find it impossible to do. I can see him having a good career Porto could be an excellent move for him.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #597: Jul 19, 2016 02:10:11 pm
      good 2nd half on his 1st outing with Porto
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfEM847D05s

Quick Reply