Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Who will be the new England captain?

Read 7377 times
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Re: Who will be the new England captain?
      Reply #92: Mar 01, 2012 09:46:33 am
      I think it is fair to say after reading this that some on here don’t care much for England! Thing is Steven Gerrard does, he loves playing for his country & showed that again last night. He wasn’t captain because he was only ever going to play ½ a game at the most. He was showed complete respect when he came off, he even apologised & was told “thats fine”

He wasn’t kept on the pitch as its obvious what he can do & that we have a massive game against the Goonies. Now, of course I am not privy to what Gerrard is told or what is discussed between him and the England camp, it seems some people here are though! How do you know if Gerrard was or wasn’t asked about being captain? Perhaps the situation is fine with him & it was explained? Parker - what a crap choice? Isnt this the bloke who was football writers player of the year (no doubt I'll be shot down by people poo pooing that award) and also England fans player of the year - no doubt England fans dont understand football either!

It was great being back at Wembley just days after our win, very good turnout for the game & a pretty decent atmosphere for a friendly. I’m from the South btw so please don’t bite my head off – Im certainly not Anti North & tbh I don’t see the same hatred some of you guys do, for sure I just don’t get the whole thing about the FA being against us at all. Gerrard wouldn’t play if that was the case, just think about that.

That Dirk Kuyt bloke looked ok as well, great cross for their 2nd & he seems to have more pace when playing for the Dutch! Robben ripped us a new arse a couple of times, he's as fast as anything!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #93: Mar 01, 2012 05:04:39 pm
      I think it is fair to say after reading this that some on here don’t care much for England! Thing is Steven Gerrard does, he loves playing for his country & showed that again last night. He wasn’t captain because he was only ever going to play ½ a game at the most. He was showed complete respect when he came off, he even apologised & was told “thats fine

You have to have a more profound insight into the social ramifications and their causes in respect of any nationalistic sentiment by the people of Liverpool.
      Captaining the national team or not and Steven Gerrard's feelings or not pale into insignificance when you consider the treatment by HM government Liverpool has been subject to for as long as I care to remember, indeed my grandfather told the same stories in his day.
      You are no doubt thinking 'what the F**k is this fella on about' and I am digressing to an extent, that is until I tell you this is the reason for Liverpool's insularity - the majority of our tribulations have been at the hands of successive Tory governments foisted on us for the most part by those darn sarf who have no understanding nor do they want any of anyone north of Watford.
      We don't give a F**k about the establishment, HM and her government or the England team, this is Liverpool.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #94: Mar 01, 2012 05:07:06 pm
      We don't give a F**k about the establishment, HM and her government or the England team, this is Liverpool.

Should get that on a banner!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #95: Mar 01, 2012 05:13:46 pm
      And get banned darn sarf.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #96: Mar 01, 2012 05:18:33 pm

Would look great running right along the front of the kop though.

Quick Reply