Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Reina
      (3.6%)
      Johnson
      (16.9%)
      Agger
      (1.2%)
      Skrtel
      (21.7%)
      Kelly
      (4.8%)
      Adam
      (0%)
      Spearing
      (2.4%)
      Gerrard
      (18.1%)
      Kuyt
      (0%)
      Bellamy
      (3.6%)
      Carroll
      (26.5%)
      Suarez
      (1.2%)

Liverpool 0-0 Tottenham: In game and post match Deja Vu.

Read 45620 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,319 posts | 6380 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Tottenham
      Reply #529: Feb 06, 2012 10:01:59 pm
      Very surprised we didn't get 3 points out of this one. Seemed to dominate early and had some good chances. Same old song and dance...just can't seem to finish. I'm sure KK will be toying with his lineup to find one that really works well together. YNWA
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #530: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:04 pm
      Without knee-jerking here - we really do lack that quality and creativity in the final third. Our 8th home draw of the season.

Spurs sat back for almost the entire match, and we really couldn't create much, other than the odd set play.

Getting beyond frustrating.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #531: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:05 pm
      ... And that, my friends, is what small teams do when they come to Anfield.

Exactly mate, we battered the cu*ts and the only thing missing was a goal.
      ilovethereds
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts | -1 
      Reply #532: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:07 pm
      Did I really hear boo's then?

Who the f**k are these people who go to the match to boo?

F***ing disgrace, i feel embarrassed.
      I think our fans were booing the ref
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #533: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:10 pm
      Heartbreaking at times we are.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #534: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:24 pm
      Frustrating, decent performance by most of the lads, I'd personally say we just about deserved to take the 3 points. We certainly looked like the only team trying to win besides Bale's clear chance, if it wasn't for Parker we'd of won easily in my opinion and credit to him, he was a rock for them unfortunately.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #535: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:29 pm
      Ridiculous. Carroll played really well tonight.

Frustrating but I thought we played very well and were the only side looking for the win.

Played really well? Played well... but Id rather he played utter sh*te and convert his chances!! Simple as
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #536: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:36 pm
      Spurs defending well/desperately at the end.
      We should have won that.

Suppose it's time to leave the trolls to it.

Well done Pepe.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #537: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:41 pm
      Check suarez's year compared to carroll's year u plum.

You didn't say anything about their respective years though did you? You referred to the chances they missed in this match.

Give your head a wobble Soft lad. If you're going to try and stir some bullshit, at least do it with a constructive argument.

LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #538: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:53 pm
      I'm just so frustrated, this isn't an issue of just today- why can't we F***ing score? Tottenham were there for the taking, we played much better, I don't understand it.
      Scottbot

• 9,615 posts | 2159 
      Reply #539: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:54 pm
      Tough result with the mancs away coming up this weekend and unfortunately we could be cut adrift in the race for 4ht this time next week. To be fair to Spurs they were excellent tonight and you can see why they are doing so well this season. King/Dawson and Parker were very impressive and I can't remember Friedel having a difficult save to make all match. Our play was great until we got to the final third.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #540: Feb 06, 2012 10:02:58 pm
      Don't like to get on our players, but Downing is just shockingly useless. He seems to hesitate before he can do anything at all. Has anyone named the move he does where instead of continuing an attacking run he stops, spins and passes backwards? He does it so often it I think it should be named to make it easier for the commentators to point it out.
      dont worry man after summer dont think we will be seeing that useless so called winger he's history!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #541: Feb 06, 2012 10:03:06 pm
      Hmm, quite disappointed with that.

No urgency to our game at all. Massive lack of balls in the team too, no one's interested in beating a man or moving forward. It's just one touch back, pass back.

Home form's really destroying us this season.

Couldn't disagree more chats.

I thought we played really well and the only thing missing was a goal.

Much the better side and more importantly the side looking for the win.

Well played lads.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #542: Feb 06, 2012 10:03:13 pm
      We babdly need a winger who can cross a ball.

Striker was your main priority in the Jan window. Like i said earlier, it could well cost you a CL place.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #543: Feb 06, 2012 10:03:38 pm
      Credit where it's due. Parker was fantastic for Spurs today and made the difference for Spurs, who I think would have lost without him.

He was absolute sh*t as far as I'm concerned. Livermore was much more mobile. Parker moved in a 5 meter radius the whole match. They packed the midfield and cut off the little supply we have.

Not good enough from Liverpool. Need more width when teams pack it in like that and we just don't have it.

Shame.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #544: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:03 pm
      Sigh.

It was a performance good enough to win the game but crosses in the box were poor. The chances we had were wasted by poor finishing. We had alot of the ball but we just wasted it. Also no one in the box when Carroll actually wins the header.

4 wins from 12 home games. How dreadful.

Same old story and now we've lost ground to Arsenal and Newcastle.
      ilovethereds
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts | -1 
      Reply #545: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:21 pm
      Take a Point but 3 points would've been better, back to the Suarez point he may have been out for 8-9 games but Dalglish claimed he was already match fit, so where's the problem with me saying he shoulda started? If he's fit he should start imo ..
      Dalglish would say that, but having been out since boxing day it's obvious he wouldn't have gone on for 90 minutes. Tactics were spot-on...just the final touch missing. Sad.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #546: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:21 pm
      Thought the lads put in a great shift just lacked that bit of creativity, thought Jay was MOM
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #547: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:27 pm
      No Negative comments lads.

We played F***ing brillianty and made the team that is sat in 3rd position look like Stoke City,  Spuds rarely got out of their own half.

The only thing missing was a goal, but that shows the progress and strides we are taking.

Agree with that mate. Gets so frustrating though, as the final third had been are problem so often this season and it doesn't seem to be getting much better.

But, that aside, we are improving, no doubt.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,356 posts | 2819 
      Reply #548: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:32 pm
      Not sure about tax evasion but Redknapp's evading a F***ing title challenge here.

Sitting back, playing for a point at a team who are 7th in the league? F***ing pathetic.

And that Bale can F**k off too, diving c**t. Bet you won't hear about that tomorrow though.

F***ing hate Sours with a passion right now, diving and elbowing cu*ts. Wish they do sh*te for the rest of the season and fall out of the top four and lose their good players and fall back to being a mid table club.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #549: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:40 pm
      Hmm, quite disappointed with that.

No urgency to our game at all. Massive lack of balls in the team too, no one's interested in beating a man or moving forward. It's just one touch back, pass back.

Home form's really destroying us this season.

Spot on, especially the lack of balls.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #550: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:57 pm
      Negative sh*t from some people in here tonight again? I mean F***ing come on, how can the same people lord us one week and slaughter us the next.. Can't get my head around it.

They came here for a point and if they snatched one on the break happy days, they defended well and showed why they have become a top side. But we created chances to win it and on another day would have done, the swing on some fans is frightening.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #551: Feb 06, 2012 10:04:58 pm
      Missed a big opportunity. Now a win at Old Trafford is even more important.

Carroll had another solid game, I don't care what anyone says, he looks like a completely different player right now and I love what I'm seeing from him. With Suarez around I expect things to open up for him a bit AND I expect Luis to take advantage of his winning headers.

Whatever else is said, we must be more clinical in front of goal and we must increase the quality of the service into the box. Our crosses today were just not good enough.

Quick Reply