Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Capello Resigns

Read 7894 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Fabio Capello Resigns
      Reply #92: Feb 08, 2012 11:25:54 pm
      The reason Capello quit.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #93: Feb 08, 2012 11:34:43 pm
      How can Stevie play with Rooney next summer, and try to tear him a new one on Saturday? Same regarding Terry, Lampard etc.

Reason: They're all English. What happens at club level stays at club level, when you're called upon to serve your country in the international fold. Whatever issues of the day there are, you park them while on national team duty. What the FA should have done in this case too. Instead, they'll launch another inquest into why they failed in the summer, when the answer is right in front of their eyes.
      It never used to be like that.The fact you played for England meant you commanded a huge amount of respect form other teams supporters that doesn't exist anymore.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #94: Feb 08, 2012 11:36:28 pm

:laugh:

Harry would have told him by text, but nobody was available to send it for him.  :angel:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #95: Feb 08, 2012 11:40:25 pm
      Rafa will get the job. Ideal role for him imo.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #96: Feb 08, 2012 11:41:58 pm
      Rafa will get the job. Ideal role for him imo.
      Couldn't see it happening tbh mate.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #97: Feb 08, 2012 11:42:13 pm
      How can Stevie play with Rooney next summer, and try to tear him a new one on Saturday? Same regarding Terry, Lampard etc.

Reason: They're all English. What happens at club level stays at club level, when you're called upon to serve your country in the international fold. Whatever issues of the day there are, you park them while on national team duty. What the FA should have done in this case too. Instead, they'll launch another inquest into why they failed in the summer, when the answer is right in front of their eyes.

Why did Scholes come out and say that the division between players from different clubs was killing the national team when he was there?

I will never understand how anybody can cheer on that ugly tw*t Rooney. Anyhow another trophyless tournament for the English will feel sorry for the like of Stevie but suck sh*t to the FA and the rest of the nobs.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #98: Feb 08, 2012 11:53:42 pm
      Couldn't see it happening tbh mate.

You're probably right mate, the F.A. have neither the balls or the brains to appoint him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Feb 08, 2012 11:59:24 pm
      I couldnt really give a sh*te about the national team or who their managers to be honest, used to get right behind England many moons ago, but that dwindled as i've got older and realised the FA is farce.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #100: Feb 09, 2012 12:00:41 am
      You're probably right mate, the F.A. have neither the balls or the brains to appoint him.
      Not only that but, the press would implode. (might be a good choice now that I think about it)
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #101: Feb 09, 2012 03:58:24 am
      They might ask Rafa to take over he said on soccer am he would accept the offer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #102: Feb 09, 2012 04:04:47 am
      And puts an end to Suarezgate.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #103: Feb 09, 2012 05:01:01 am
      Got quite a lot of respect for Capello after this. whether right or wrong he has stuck up for his values which shows a lot more character than many in the press will give him credit for

Its just a shame his judgment of JT is so wrong its laughable the man shouldn't even be in a England shirt let alone be captain

halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #104: Feb 09, 2012 05:36:03 am
      All I want is for good ole "aary" to take over now and leave spuds in the dumps.. :)
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #105: Feb 09, 2012 06:06:26 am
      Would be over the moon if Rafa did do the job and won the tournament just to give the english press a load of sh*t
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #106: Feb 09, 2012 08:01:49 am
      If terry was a man of princples and had a moral bone in his body,

You really dont know the fella..! He is a lunatic, when he lost the captancy before he appeared on the Chavs tv thing after everymatch with no top on and the captains arm band..!

Harry would b a good call, but leaves Jose a great return to English Football (however I doubt he would go there as there is not at least £200Million to spend). If not Harry then Rafa or Jose in that order...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #107: Feb 09, 2012 08:11:19 am
      How can Stevie play with Rooney next summer, and try to tear him a new one on Saturday? Same regarding Terry, Lampard etc. Reason: They're all English.

What happens at club level stays at club level, when you're called upon to serve your country in the international fold. Whatever issues of the day there are, you park them while on national team duty. What the FA should have done in this case too. Instead, they'll launch another inquest into why they failed in the summer, when the answer is right in front of their eyes.

Its just not as simple as that lad, look if you want to support whoever your national side is then great but it doesnt mean anyone else has to, if any English Reds support England fine, up to them but you will find a very big percentage of us who dont give a sh*t about them for all the reasons that have been scattered over the last two pages.

I watch international competitions when they are one due to it being football and i like to watch to see how Liverpool players get on and any potential new players might look, i dont support any of them.. Not England not any... In fact during the England-Germany farce in the last world cup if i remember rightly i took my kid to the park... it registers nothing to me..

Good luck to anyone who does, i just dont and many others dont either.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #108: Feb 09, 2012 08:11:24 am
      Rafa or Hiddink - not that I care.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #109: Feb 09, 2012 08:13:08 am
      Rafa or Hiddink - not that I care.

To be honest mate id be gobsmacked if they went anything other than an English coach this time...

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #110: Feb 09, 2012 08:20:00 am
      To be honest mate id be gobsmacked if they went anything other than an English coach this time...

Redknapp would be silly to leave Spurs... Hodgson is not good enough....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #111: Feb 09, 2012 08:22:38 am
      Redknapp would be silly to leave Spurs... Hodgson is not good enough....

Doesnt mean they wont employ Him or someone else who isnt good enough...

Im like you i honestly dont care but i just think with all thats been said by the media and the FA themselves i just dont see them going foreign again (Racists  :roll: )
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #112: Feb 09, 2012 08:30:04 am
      Doesnt mean they wont employ Him or someone else who isnt good enough...

Im like you i honestly dont care but i just think with all thats been said by the media and the FA themselves i just dont see them going foreign again (Racists  :roll: )

Redknapp has not taken Spurs as far as he can, he would miss the week in, week out role... and the England job is a poisoned chalice anyway....Whoever takes it will be a media darling to begin with, but as soon as England go out of the major tournaments....they will turn on them.

Giving Capello the job when he didn't speak a word of English was truly shocking.

Approaching Spurs now would throw their season into possible chaos (not that it wouldn't be a bad thing for us)

Poor timing, but a welcome change at the top. Capello deserves credit for sticking to his principles and beliefs, but none the less... all players over 31 get dropped now.

Quick Reply