Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next England manager?

Roy Hodgson (zero English titles)
      (34.1%)
      Harry Redknapp (zero titles)
      (25%)
      Sam Allardyce (zero)
      (6.8%)
      Alan Pardew (zero)
      (6.8%)
      Ron Atkinson
      (27.3%)

Who should be the next England manager?

Read 6720 times
      tree86
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: Who should be the next England manager?
      Reply #23: Feb 09, 2012 11:17:54 am
      Ron Atkinson!!
       :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Feb 09, 2012 11:27:39 am
      Nick Griffin
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Feb 09, 2012 11:33:53 am

Huge difference between who should and who will. :D

As per usual, finding it hard to care.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #26: Feb 09, 2012 11:56:36 am
      Rafa would be fantastic!

Hopefully those idiots at the FA will remember the last English manager, or even the previous one. I give you Steve Mclaren and Kevin Keegan. I hate this blind obsession that the next manager has to be English, it should be the manager with a record of achieving things (championships, cups).
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Feb 09, 2012 12:12:22 pm
      Love the comedy potential of this thread! :lmao:

Don't want to laugh too hard, as I know we have England supporters on here, but this "saga" makes me realise how lucky I am to only love one club, and not be too bothered about my country.

We have had enough ups and downs with LFC, I couldn't hack stressing over this!

Really liked this! :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #28: Feb 09, 2012 12:15:55 pm
      Stuart Pearce is in charge for the Holland match..

:lmao:

They must be shitting themselves.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #29: Feb 09, 2012 12:27:28 pm
      The arrogance of the sports writers who wanted Capello out because he wasn't "media friendly." Nothing to do with results, just that he wasn't nice to them and never provided them with enough quotes and interviews. They usually get their man which is how we ended up with Hodgson and England got McClaren which shows the level of knowledge they have on football. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them wanted second rate managers just so they can do a hatchet job on them.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Feb 09, 2012 12:44:12 pm
      Why can't I vote for Holloway?  ;D

Harry Redknapp says he has not thought about England

Harry Redknapp says he has not thought about succeeding Fabio Capello and insists his focus remains on Tottenham.

The Spurs boss spoke to press outside his house on Thursday after Capello quit as England manager on Wednesday.

"I've never thought about [the England job]," he said. "[The FA] will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be right for the country. Tottenham have been fantastic.

"It wouldn't be right to focus on anything else other than Tottenham."

The Football Association has confirmed it has made no contact with the 64-year-old, who added that he was not expecting Capello to leave so suddenly.

"I was shocked, I was surprised," he said.

"We knew he would leave in summer. I didn't expect it to happen now."

Capello resigned from the post on Wednesday after a disagreement with the Football Association over the governing body's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy .

Spurs director Sir Keith Mills says it will be up to Redknapp to decide whether to stay at Spurs if he is offered the England post.

"Harry needs to make a decision whether he'd like the job or to stay at Tottenham," Mills told BBC Radio 4.

"I'm sure Harry won't be the only candidate. Whether Harry is approached or not is not a foregone conclusion."

However, Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill have made it clear they are not interested in succeeding Capello.

The Italian resigned from the post on Wednesday after a disagreement with the Football Association following the governing body's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy.

Earlier the same day, Redknapp was cleared of tax evasion , and on exiting Southwark Crown Court he thanked Tottenham and the club's fans for their support.

Mills continued: "We think he's an outstanding manager and it would be a tough decision for him if he was to leave the club.

"Our position has been clear and that's that the fans want him to stay, the players and coaches do and the board does, and we hope he does stay.

"The whole club is behind Harry - remember when we took Harry on we knew there was an outstanding legal case, but we were very, very supportive of him."

FA officials have scheduled a press conference to be held at Wembley at 1200 GMT on Thursday and it is not yet known whether Redknapp is on their list of candidates.

Continue reading the main story
      “I think trying to do two jobs is probably going to be a bit of a stretch for anyone

But the former Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth manager is the bookies' favourite to succeed Capello, and has received support from defender Rio Ferdinand, striker Wayne Rooney and former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson .

"There's been speculation for several months because we knew that Fabio would be leaving after Euro 2012 anyway," Mills told the Today Programme. "I'm not terribly surprised because [Redknapp] is an extraordinary manager - he's done great things for the club.

"But at this stage, It's very premature to talk about Harry's departure from Tottenham - the FA haven't made a decision on their shortlist yet and I'm sure Harry won't be the only candidate.

"If he is [approached], Harry has got a big decision to make. I know he loves the club; he's managing a top three team in the biggest league in the world, we're doing incredibly well at the moment, and I know he loves it."

Redknapp told BBC business editor Robert Peston in December that he thought an English manager should have the England job: "It's the pinnacle for any Englishman to want to manage their country... I would like to see an English manager manage England," he said.

"I would like to see that...when Fabio Capello finishes. I would like to see them give it to an Englishman."

In the same interview, the Spurs boss voiced concern over the reduced contact with players that national managers have to contend with.

"I enjoy the day to day, coming in to work with players, going out on the training pitch every day, seeing the players, being involved every day," he told Peston.

"I don't know if seeing players once every six or seven weeks - it would be different for me and I'd find it very difficult. I'd get very bored, I would imagine."

Nevertheless, in the December interview, Redknapp also admitted that the England job was "difficult to turn down...for any Englishman".

Mills played down talk of Redknapp taking on the England job on a part-time basis alongside his responsibilities at White Hart Lane.

"I think trying to do two jobs is probably going to be a bit of a stretch for anyone," he said.

"Clearly that's not an ideal scenario. A football manager needs to focus on doing the job in hand and now, I should think he's probably focusing on the Newcastle game on Saturday."

Former Tottenham manager David Pleat was also sceptical as to whether Redknapp could take the England job before the end of the domestic season.

"I think someone will be put in place until the end of the season and then deal with it from there," Pleat said.

"I don't think Tottenham will let [Redknapp] go during the season and I don't think he will want to go either but that might change at the end of the season.

"At his clubs, he hasn't spent a lot of money, but he has brought a type of football that the public enjoy and I think that's important."

"I don't think it's an option to do it on a part-time basis."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16960250

And the lies continue. I do believe that 'Arry is happy at Spurs but to say he hasn't even thought about the England job, pull the other one!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #31: Feb 09, 2012 02:31:35 pm
      West Brom 3rd Feb 2011 - P24 W7 D5 L12 Pts 26 (Di Matteo sacked)
      West Brom 9th Feb 2012 - P24 W7 D5 L12 Pts 26 (HodgsonForEngland)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #32: Feb 09, 2012 02:42:19 pm
      Maybe if Hodgson gets it, Gerrard and Johnson might just consider retiring!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #33: Feb 09, 2012 02:54:20 pm
      You know what...that list JD put up albeit a piss take is actually a list of the so called treasurd English Managers...F**k me what a crock of sh*t.

Some have proved to do OK in the PL but come up against a tactically aware Spain, Holland, France, Germany and the good old 4-4-2 up and at em approach will do F**k all.

England will get knocked out at the first sudden death stage regardless of who they play.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #34: Feb 09, 2012 02:54:54 pm
      West Brom 3rd Feb 2011 - P24 W7 D5 L12 Pts 26 (Di Matteo sacked)
      West Brom 9th Feb 2012 - P24 W7 D5 L12 Pts 26 (HodgsonForEngland)

Hodgson must be in for the boot then?!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #35: Feb 09, 2012 03:00:37 pm
      Hodgson must be in for the boot then?!

I'd have sacked him twice from here.. 

"Woy"

"Yes"

"Sorry it's not worked out we are letting you go"

"Oh weally?"

"Yes I'm sorry"

"Ok"

"Actually Woy"

"Yes"

"F**k off and when you get there F**k off again, and tell your mates in the media to join you"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Feb 09, 2012 08:30:39 pm
      Didn't want the ginger guy before Capello, didn't want Capello so no doubt they will give it to another muppet. Just so long as it's not the tax evading clown then i MAY be able to settle for who they choose. Personally i'd like Rafa to get the job but then i think he deserves better than to be undermined and made to look a fool by the FA, he had enough problems with the owners at our club.

James Corden anyone?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: Feb 09, 2012 08:41:18 pm
      Why can't I vote for Holloway?  ;D

Tell ye what, he'd do a much better job then most of the names that will be banjoed about!

If the FA go English who really is out there? Put Redknapp aside, the other names in the poll are not going to get it, now what other English man is doing a top job at present?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Feb 09, 2012 09:20:20 pm
      Can't believe JD missed Neil Warnock off the list. He's free and available, has excellent tactical ability (knows how to blame others for his failures), and has a long track record of mediocrity...... perfect for the job imo.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Feb 09, 2012 09:23:48 pm
      Was a close call between woy and ron tbh but, woy got my vote this time.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #40: Feb 09, 2012 09:31:40 pm
      I am actually serious about Holloway. Whoever gets the job will always have very little time with the squad to work on tactics, that's just the nature of the job so what you need is someone who can inspire the players to give it their all on the pitch. We'll never be as technical as some other countries so let's make up for it with some fire!
      Plus he'd be a pisser in the interviews.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #41: Feb 09, 2012 09:33:43 pm
      Harry's application has already gone in.

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Feb 09, 2012 11:45:44 pm
      Harry's application has already gone in.

Missing a "t'riffic" and it would appear he hasn't written this from his car. Fake :D
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 10, 2012 12:13:02 am
      Bring back Terrance Venables

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #44: Feb 10, 2012 03:34:20 am

But only if he sings first!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #45: Feb 10, 2012 10:10:30 am
      see our favourite comic has dragged up an 18 year old incident between Pearce and Ince .What a class publication, their very being is to cause upset and harm. Cant we get a petition going to have it banned 100,000 signatures would be a doddle.

Quick Reply