Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next England manager?

Roy Hodgson (zero English titles)
      (34.1%)
      Harry Redknapp (zero titles)
      (25%)
      Sam Allardyce (zero)
      (6.8%)
      Alan Pardew (zero)
      (6.8%)
      Ron Atkinson
      (27.3%)

Who should be the next England manager?

Read 6721 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Who should be the next England manager?
      Reply #46: Feb 10, 2012 10:54:35 am
      see our favourite comic has dragged up an 18 year old incident between Pearce and Ince .What a class publication, their very being is to cause upset and harm. Cant we get a petition going to have it banned 100,000 signatures would be a doddle.
      I'd have to find something else to wipe my arse with !
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #47: Feb 10, 2012 11:19:27 am
      see our favourite comic has dragged up an 18 year old incident between Pearce and Ince .What a class publication, their very being is to cause upset and harm. Cant we get a petition going to have it banned 100,000 signatures would be a doddle.

Really?

The whole shitty little waste of a tree should just F***ing do one...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #48: Feb 10, 2012 12:50:23 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj7Gtwbvciw&feature=player_embedded#!

Is this what we're going to expect from the Dutch game, that Stuart Pearce, what a genius!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Feb 10, 2012 01:07:20 pm
      So racist remark leads to a manager losing his job due to the principle of innocent until proven guilty.
      FA urged to install English manager and none of those bloody foreigners, who only come here for the money.

I'm sorry but are the F***ing Fail appointing the manager or did I miss something?
      As racist as the c**t who started this ball rolling in the first place.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #50: Feb 10, 2012 02:33:11 pm
      Dalglish tips Fergie for England

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has cheekily hinted Manchester United rival and fellow Scot, Sir Alex Ferguson, should be the next England boss.

After the departure of Fabio Capello this week Tottenham's Harry Redknapp has been installed as the favourite to take over.

But Dalglish, whose side go to Old Trafford on Saturday, thinks if the Football Association want a home-grown manager to take over they should go for the one with the best record.

"It doesn't really affect me, obviously the Scots boys are all right as they are settled with a manager doing a good job," said Dalglish, in reference to Scotland manager Craig Levein.

"England are on the look-out for another one and if you are looking for a manager I think you look for the one with the best record since the Premier League started of looking after English-British players and the success they have had.

"If I was in their position I'd be looking at the best one and if it's not available then start going down from there.

"Whether they want someone of their own nationality or the want the best it's up to them."

Dalglish said he was not referring to Redknapp, although "Harry would be fantastic".

When asked if he meant Ferguson Dalglish, with a smile, added "I never said that."

Ferguson had earlier laughed off the idea he could take over from Capello, saying "The FA have approached David Gill - I said I would let them know on April 1.

"I would do it. I would relegate them."

While his comments may have been in jest there is a deeper purpose behind them as Dalglish seeks to deflect attention away from Luis Suarez.

The Uruguay international is set for his first appearance against United, at the home of the Red Devils, since his eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

He is certain to get a hostile welcome but Dalglish, who has already moved to play down the clash by saying it is time to draw a line under the matter and Suarez will shake hands with Evra,

The Reds boss refused to speak about what treatment the striker can expect at Old Trafford on Saturday.

"We will comment on football," said Dalglish.

"We enjoy going there to play football and that is all we are going to concentrate on, we've covered every other aspect of what has to be covered.

"In the build-up to the FA Cup tie here (which Liverpool won 2-1) everyone played their part: both clubs, both sets of fans and the referee (Mark Halsey) was magnificent in the way he handled the game.

"If it is the same again then everyone will be happy."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item750235/Dalglish-tips-Fergie-for-England/

:D
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #51: Feb 10, 2012 02:54:56 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj7Gtwbvciw&feature=player_embedded#!

Is this what we're going to expect from the Dutch game, that Stuart Pearce, what a genius!
      ARE YOU KIDDING! Man! This is the first time I see it!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #52: Feb 11, 2012 01:53:59 am
      OMG I totally forgot to include my dad (Sam Allardyce) in the mix! I have now voted for him!

PS Not actually my dad, just his long lost twin!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2012 02:03:27 am
      Brett Rogers for me the national team need more fluidity he should be snapped up straight away or Arsene Wenger part time.  From Capello to Harry Redknapp is like being relegated from the premiership to the conference.   Martin O Neil wouldn't be a bad choice too nor would Guus Hidink.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2012 04:44:42 pm

Nearest thing is Allardyce - same tactics anyway ;D  I do think the FA should watch the film before deciding though.  All this clamour for an English manager reminds me of the clamour to get Kevin Keegan and Graham Taylor in - and we all know what happened there.  I'm a big believer a good international manager should have won (decent) league titles and European trophies, so that counts Redknapp out (not that I give an arse anyway).

Me?  I'd go for Hiddink or Rafa, but hell would freeze over before the media would 'allow' Rafa to take the job.

Quick Reply