Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Why do the media hate us?

Read 5998 times
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Why do the media hate us?
      Feb 12, 2012 08:38:24 am
      Is it me or does it seem to be the more that the Suarez-Evra(tw*t) debacle goes on, the more obvious it is that there is an agenda against LFC- oh but I already here the cry, poor old LFC supporter/scouser, paranoid ect, What I don't understand is why??? may be they set their stalls out right at the beginning and are now trying to justify themselves? I have yet to read a single report ,blog or whatever with a reasoned non-biased view of the whole farce, is it because we don't take any sh*t no matter what the mainstream says? is it because we have a mind of our own and will not cow down to the "man" and we see past all the bullshit for what it is? is it because of Heysel (P.Barclay bow your head in shame)
      Come on lets get real, does the media really think LFC have hung themselves out to dry over Suarez with out having looked into the whole affair???? yes we may have handled it wrongly(debateable). I just don't get the vitriol and down right hatred, it is obvious they all want KK to fail, why??? because they are all bum chums with old whiskey nose, F**k em all we are LFC the biggest and most successful football team in Britain -- can't believe the likes of Henry Winter et al having a go at KK today, oh sorry of course I do Slurgason told them too, oops there goes my Paranoia again not sure if its Worth a thread but would be interested in other peoples opinions, as to affecting our world standing, do me a favour we have never been more popular and I am sure we could put on positive spin on the whole affair, oh and bye the wayj ust for you sitters on the fence -- YNWA -- get it? know what it means??? if not go support someone else
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2012 10:45:13 am by RedPuppy »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: why do the media hate us????
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 08:51:08 am
      Could do with some voices in the media speaking up for us but the silence is deafening as the more powerful voices involved will just beat them down with the race card stick.

Barrett and Reade spring to mind.

What I don't get is how a journo hasn't used that 115 page report and its blatent bias, stitch up of Luis and laughable outcomes as a major story. There's so much juice in it if you want it.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 09:12:33 am
      I agree "what a hit son" just don't sit right, I have lost a lot of respect for Reade, he just carried on with the sh*t and tried to hide under the radar, but what I don't get is they are supposed to be intelligent, resourceful people, has slurgason cut off all their avenues of independant thoughts????? I really think its about time we stood up for ourselves and to be fair every other team in this league -Manure do not run the Football in this country, just wish some journalist would grow a pair
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 09:27:58 am
      I didn't  want to get up today , I just wanted to stay in bed all day , because I knew what was coming.
      That there is an agenda against us is as plain as the nose on my face , why , I really don't know.
      They criticise us for backing Luis because we believe he's been wronged . How is it any different to friends and family sticking up for someone who has been found guilty of a crime , who they believe is innocent , they are not branded as we have been.
      That Ferguson is orchestrating things ,is beyond doubt. His latest outburst is a disgrace, he is now becoming dangerous and needs reigning in , but who can stop him !
      It seems to me that no journalist is prepared to look at this in an unbiased way and take that report apart for the sham it is. Why , is it because of Ferguson or is it because it's the race issue. Whichever it is , it's dangerous !
      We are public enemy no 1 at the moment and I fear for Luis and KK. How much more can either of them take !
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 09:39:11 am
      Redangel agree totally except for KK and Luis can handle it, as long as they have our support as we say YNWA--- That'll get us through
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 09:49:04 am
      Disgrace... suarez is the new pinata and ferguson is swinging a media fashioned bat at him/us!

Infuriating considering his team have done this and worse in the past....

Keane and Viera fight in the tunnel
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 09:50:18 am
      I agree "what a hit son" just don't sit right, I have lost a lot of respect for Reade, he just carried on with the sh*t and tried to hide under the radar,

Thing is though Reade and the like's silence tells a story as we know full well that they would tell it how it is if they could. So obvious that they are fully aware of their employer's agendas and speaking out against these agendas would probably result in them losing their jobs and then finding it difficult to get work with any national media outlets.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 09:57:56 am
      they don't like people power.... they don't like intelligence in numbers.. and they certainly wouldn't like a strong, passionate sea of people to think for themselves and LFC epitomises all of these. so they are trying to tarnish our image big time.

cries against thatcher, and murdoch owned media (what isn't?) don't help the cause but like that matters. they will always punish us for speaking out against corrupt forces cos they are the forces.. and yes this is one of those posts! but doesn't it make sense? the sh*t is getting so blatant, so WRONG, that people are so unhappy they can't believe it really goes on and they are so confused right now. it can't be right.. because it isn't.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 10:06:01 am
      More like, why do the media like to suck off United? Excuse my language, but its the truth.
      windamon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • born a red die a red
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2012 10:16:27 am
      has anyone out there in the football league got any balls to tell slurgeson were to shove his opinions of how we deal with our problems at our club.come on kk tell this whisky drinkin purple nosed haggis lover lover to keep his nose out.everyone including the FA and premier league bosses are afraid of him ,why? the man is full of double standards, did we buttin when he had probs with cantona,ferdinand,keane etc . no we didnt so shut the @&%# up fergie!!!.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2012 10:20:31 am
      The real question is why on earth do people read tabloids, and I can't think of any papers I wouldn't call a tabloid.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2012 10:20:55 am
      Oh and by that I mean TV and radio
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2012 10:31:21 am
      john barnes just got interviewed on sky tied the reporter up in knots well done digger
      LFCexiled
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2012 10:43:26 am
      Jealousy, simple as.

We stick together whatever the storm may be. When we helped oust h&g there were still jealous journos supporting them and interviewing people who supported our previous 'owners'. In the face of every single bit of evidence regarding them two cowboys, their treatment of Rafa and removal of cash from the club we still had 'journalists' (or men with issues as they should be known) banging on about how bad we were.

Down the years it's been the same, the fact we stick together as a City has us dubbed 'self-pity city' even though everyone would rather live in a City with solidarity they readily call that name out at the drop of a hat.

The fact they can't be Scouse, A Red or have the class to be adopted as either just gives the jealousy within them cause to breed and grow until they become 'journalists' which gives them an output for them to spew their bile.

I'd pity them if I cared enough to but the fact is if they died tomorrow I wouldn't blink in deference.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2012 10:44:13 am
      same reason we hate the media
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2012 10:46:05 am
      The bulls*it is just self perpetuating now. The press will always sensationalise to sell papers rather than go into the finer points of a story. It always has to be black or white (no pun intended) with the press, he's good he's bad hes right he's wrong rather than look at the multitude of shades of grey inbetween. It's all built around newspapers pursuing their own agenda, whatever happended to presenting the facts? So now Luis is an repentant racist who continues to abuse his victims.

I really hope lord leveson takes the results of his enquiry, rolls them up real tight, turns them side ways and jams them right up the presses lazy, agenda driven, sensationalist arses! Who was guilty of inciting crowd trouble yesterday? Look in the mirror u f*cking hypocrites! YNWA
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Re: Why do the media hate us?
      Reply #16: Feb 12, 2012 10:54:28 am
      Ladies gents my better half just spoke, " Racism exists in Racists minds" so where does that leaves,  deep??? yes Obi  one, these are not the deriods your looking for!!!!, interesting take on the media though, e.g wanna make headlines, once made have to keep going, otherwise they look like dicks??? again
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Feb 12, 2012 11:03:27 am
      Dont know why they hate us but the time has come to ban the likes of Holt and Barclay from Anfield and that clown shreeves to. What a muppett
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Reply #18: Feb 12, 2012 11:03:27 am
      Del A Bosca -- spot on
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 301 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2012 11:28:51 am
      come on people give me some reasons because I dont get it???
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 12, 2012 12:03:39 pm
      An Idiots Guide to: The Suarez-Evra case

All Spanish speaking countries are inherently racist, Luis Suarez handballed against Ghana so he is racist, he's a dirty diving cheat so we don't like him anyway (give us Wayne Rooney any day) and Evra is clearly an honest upstanding Man Utd captain.

Crime fit punishment, Ferguson family friend on 3 man 'independent panel' kangaroo court acclaimed by media as equivalent to High Court. 115 pages of justifying decision to ban Suarez- Evra admits to using racial terms to insult Suarez but this is brushed under the FA's bulging carpet. End decision based on 'balance of evidence' - basically 'in our opinion'

Liverpool support Suarez because they believe he is innocent and there has been a miscarriage of justice - Scousers play the victim card easily, always think they've been wronged (bring in Heysel/Hillsborough here as well, in their dirty council house holes) but this is misunderstood as supporting Suarez's 'racism' and Liverpool Football Club are now racist.

Suarez refuses to shake the hand of a man who has smeared him all across the media, when Evra himself doesn't look like wanted a handshake either, but the master WUM makes a big scene and after a tepid, insipid and heartless performance tries to incite a reaction from Suarez by dancing around him.

Ferguson (see Cantona's kick/Schmiechel on Wright/Keane on Haaland) calls Suarez a disgrace and he should never play for Liverpool again. The media lap this up and treat it like it's his business and he has a perfect right to say it. Kenny Dalglish is just an angry old man. If Scousers complain it's because they have a victim complex.

Ad nauseum

Sick to death of the whole pile of crap, been blown all out of proportion with Liverpool coming off worse.

Worse was our complete non-showing on the pitch yesterday though, second toughest match of the season there though and fourth remains in our hands if we win every single game left. But sadly, on the pitch matters now seem beside the point when discussing our club.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2012 12:09:54 pm
      come on people give me some reasons because I dont get it???

Because scousers are proud people who will always defend their corner/what they believe in, which unfortunately means we will always rise to the bait laid out by the gutter press, equaling headlines thay sell papers.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2012 12:53:28 pm
      Disgrace... suarez is the new pinata and ferguson is swinging a media fashioned bat at him/us!

Infuriating considering his team have done this and worse in the past....

Keane and Viera fight in the tunnel

Can't believe it!! How can we share this and put it in his whiskey nose!!

Quick Reply