Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Luis Suarez: I'm sorry

Read 49318 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Feb 12, 2012 02:21:10 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Re: Luis Suarez: I'm sorry
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2012 02:24:19 pm
      Good move by the club. But now do I expect to see/hear an apology from Evra, Slur Alex or United, do I fudge!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2012 02:24:39 pm
      Time to lock the 'Picture evidence that suarez tried to shake Evra's hand' thread then   ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2012 02:26:14 pm
      Now will the media ever F**k off and move on, I doubt it though when you have idiots like Ollie Holt and Patrick Barclay around
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2012 02:27:29 pm
      Well what is the point to that if he aint going to shake hands, don't shake hands, but don't apologise after
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2012 02:29:15 pm
      Right I'm going to say something here that might piss a few people off but F**k it I'm going to say it anyway.

I think the club have let have both Suarez and Kenny down.

If you look at what Kenny's word regarding the appeal for Luis its "The Club decided not to appeal"

Not Luis decided not to appeal, not both Luis and I have talked and we've come to the conclusion we will not appeal so Luis can concentrate on his football.

Just the "Club Decided not to appeal"

The club in my opinion have hung both Luis & Kenny out to dry.

Luis obviously felt/feels he is not guilty and the club could have fought to clear his name and probably come out of this whole affair a lot better had they backed Kenny and Luis and fought and succeeded in clearing his name.

Luis obviously felt strongly about not shaking Evra's hand or he would have done it.

I don't believe this a heartfelt apology from Luis as much as it is an enforced one.

I'm disalussioned with this whole affair to be honest, I expected much more from the club, but they chose to put the clubs image before one of its employee's and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is sold in the summer to further cleanse the clubs image.

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2012 02:30:42 pm
      This has happened because people were saying that Suarez has not done the club or the manager, of LFC, any favours by not shacking Evras hand. I dont think Suarez wanted to shake his hand and i dont blame him one bit. This is farcicle, the whole hand shake bit was stopped for the Chelsea v QPR game because it was to do with the FA,s England captain. This whole racisist thing was to show FIFA how strong the English FA are against Racisum as a "F**k you FIFA" because they did,nt give us the 2018 world cup. Suarez was made the scapegoat in all of this.

I think it is the FA and Fergie who should be discusted with them selves not LFC and Suarez.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2012 02:32:11 pm
      I got to say, I'm not happy about this, that apology will be used to slag us again!

Of that I am sure.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2012 02:32:19 pm
      Right I'm going to say something here that might piss a few people off but F**k it I'm going to say it anyway.

If you look at what Kenny's word regarding the appeal for Luis its "The Club decided not to appeal"

Not Luis decided not to appeal, not both Luis and I have talked and we've come to the conclusion we will not appeal so Luis can concentrate on his football.

Luis obviously felt/feels he is not guilty and the club could have fought to clear his name and probably come out of this whole affair a lot better had they backed Kenny and Luis and fought and succeeded in clearing his name.

Luis obviously felt strongly about not shaking Evra's hand or he would have done it.

I don't believe this a heartfelt apology from Luis as much as it is an enforced one.

I'm disalussioned with this whole affair to be honest, I expected much more from the club, but they chose to put the clubs image before one of its employee's and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez is sold in the summer to further cleanse the clubs image.

This.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Luis decided to move on in the Summer.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2012 02:32:39 pm
      The media will still have a problem with Suarez's apology in some way I imagine, but the best thing to do now is to move on. This is the easiest way to get the media off the clubs back a little so we can focus on whats important and that is finishing the season the strongest way possible.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2012 02:33:49 pm
      Still doesn't explain the fact why Evra did not reach out to Suarez's hand which was in a hand-shaking state in front of him.

It doesn't mean Suarez did not want to shake but Evra could have just reached out.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2012 02:34:13 pm
      Right I'm going to say something here that might piss a few people off but f**k it I'm going to say it anyway.

I agree with you mate but to say that you wouldn't be surprised if the club sold Luis is a bit far fetched IMO. FSG are intelligent people and are obviously well aware of our dislike for the idiots who they took over from. By selling Luis, they know the fans will be outraged and create pressure on their positions very quickly. IMO it would be a very big mistake for FSG to sell Suarez because I and many other fans will turn on them very quickly.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2012 02:35:53 pm
      Even though I was pissed off with the way h&g washed all our dirty linen in public I am properly pissed of that nobody from the club has come out in person and commented on this. I want John Henry to come out and show Luis his support.

The silence is F***ing deafening.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2012 02:37:16 pm
      Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre has today released the following statement.

"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

Author: Liverpool FC
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ian-ayre-luis-was-wrong
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2012 02:37:25 pm
      Can see him leaving in the Summer.

Feels like the club has hung him out to dry for the sake of our "image".
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7174 
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2012 02:38:15 pm
      Don't think for a minute this will be the end of it as they want us on bended knee begging for forgiveness.
      It will be ripped apart and people will then comment on what it does say and what it does not say.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Feb 12, 2012 02:39:06 pm
      Have to say Blood I agree wouldnt be surprised if he was sold, which would be very disappointing as he is our star player. Sky News trying to drive a wedge between Suarez and the club saying he lied to everyone about the handshake. Really trying to drive the lad out of the country
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Feb 12, 2012 02:39:41 pm
      The whole thing stinks in my opinion.

From the start we were on a hiding to nothing and each move we make, or fail to make, on the issue just leaves us even more vulnerable.

I agree with Daz, this isn't going to end in our favour.   
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Feb 12, 2012 02:39:50 pm
      I agree with you mate but to say that you wouldn't be surprised if the club sold Luis is a bit far fetched IMO

I don't think its far fetched at all, they buckled in the backing of Kenny and Suarez immediately following the demands of the press and people such as Piora Power etc when they all started stating that Suarez should not appeal as it will only further damage the clubs image.

All the Journo's etc last night were demanding an apology from Suarez for not shaking Evra's hand whats come this morning ?

Do you really think thats a heartfelt apology from Luis ?

When you weigh it up against what he said last night, you can only think its been enforced.

SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2012 02:39:52 pm
      His actions yesterday mean this will go on and on too little to late imo
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #20: Feb 12, 2012 02:40:02 pm

Agreed 100% and I said as much in an earlier post.

I wouldn't be surprised if Suarez left england after this.

This whole thing stumbles from bad to worse in my opinion.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2012 02:40:47 pm
      I don't think its far fetched at all, they buckled in the backing of Kenny and Suarez immediately following the demands of the press and people such as Piora Power etc when they all started stating that Suarez should not appeal as it will only further damage the clubs image.

All the Journo's etc last night were demanding an apology from Suarez for not shaking Evra's hand whats come this morning ?

Do you really think thats a heartfelt apology from Luis ?

When you weigh it up against what he said last night, you can only think its been enforced.

The media would be F***ing delighted if he was sold as would Ferguson

Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2012 02:40:49 pm
      Bye bye luis i think in the summer. Sad day for the club giving in to the media

Quick Reply