Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luis Suarez: I'm sorry

Read 49415 times
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Re: Luis Suarez: I'm sorry
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2012 02:52:27 pm
      And btw, that statement from Ayres is a f***in disgrace as well. Who the F**k wrote that for him..Slur Alex?

f***in shocking, never been as pissed off with the club as i am right now.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2012 02:53:13 pm
      One reason they did this, they do not know the Liverpool way.

They've isolated Suarez, a lot of the fans, and made Kenny to look a right mug.

You'll Never Walk Alone? :mad:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #48: Feb 12, 2012 02:53:35 pm
      This is the first time since we changed ownership that I feel disappointed at something that's happened.

Suarez and Kenny have not got the support they've deserved during all of this.

It's a shame that the club have disappointed and angered many of their own just to protect it's own 'image'.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #49: Feb 12, 2012 02:53:51 pm
      Ferguson want Suarez out of Liverpool selling him would give him the satisfaction of him being proved right.
      Oh right sorry didnt get what you where saying. Ye true but i think its going to be out of the clubs hands if i was suarez with a young family i wouldnt want to stick around in england where everyone even my own club is against me. I cant believe its gone this far.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #50: Feb 12, 2012 02:54:09 pm
      Can see him leaving in the Summer.

Feels like the club has hung him out to dry for the sake of our "image".

Yes but football is a business, whether he is innocent or not, this is bad for business. If we take a % loss of income world wide on sales because of this it will be devestating. We have to swallow this sh*t and move on, unless we want to have as much money as Everton that is....Why do you think the MD has come out and said something - because he is responsible for our position financially in world football. We may not like it, but its the truth.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #51: Feb 12, 2012 02:54:56 pm
      This is the first time since we changed ownership that I feel disappointed at something that's happened.

Suarez and Kenny have not got the support they've deserved during all of this.

It's a shame that the club have disappointed and angered many of their own just to protect it's own 'image'.
      I just think its a poor statement and it will not get the pack of hounds of him and Kenny it will only make it worse.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #52: Feb 12, 2012 02:55:42 pm
      I'll be surprised to see Suarez here next season now, hope I'm wrong though :'(

This whole thing is disgusting, not looking forward to work tomorrow, 99% MU supporters, and they will take the piss every second of 8 hours guaranteed, if I survive tomorrow without losing my job I'll be shocked.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #53: Feb 12, 2012 02:55:58 pm
      His actions yesterday mean this will go on and on too little to late imo
      I still don't think he owes Evra an apology.

PR move no more, no less.
      tonyp23
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Luis's apology has taken the wind out of Skys sails.
      Reply #54: Feb 12, 2012 02:56:26 pm
      Perfect timing.

Just wondering. Did anyone see Evra look over at Luis, in the warm up?
      He turned his head toward Luis and I'm sure he called Luis a Tw*t...not twit:-)
      If so, that might be part of why he says "things are not what they seem"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #55: Feb 12, 2012 02:56:35 pm
      Like I said, the issue was whether or not the club thought he was going to shake his hand.  The club thought he was, therefore Luis did let the management of the club down.

I defend his right not to shake hands with Evra, but he should rightly apologise to Kenny Dalglish for saying one thing and doing another.  That's not on.

Anyway, that's the end of that then.  I still think Ferguson's comments were totally unacceptable though.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #56: Feb 12, 2012 02:59:11 pm
      Wonder if Dalglish 'not seeing' the incident yesterday had more than a bit to do with not having been told the decision of the club on it?

Looks like Kenny has had his hands tied on this one by the club, leaving us weak and divided

Not happy
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #57: Feb 12, 2012 03:01:16 pm
      I think it's safe to say the media and the mancs have won again and we've bent over for them. This won't change anything. Suarez will still be criticized left and right, he'll still get booed everywhere.

The only thing this has done is shown that Kenny and Luis have absolutely no support from the club's higher-ups and are willing to hang them out to dry for the sake of some words out of an old c*nt and a biased media's mouth.

Can't blame Suarez if he wants to leave in the summer. Unfortunately if that happens, the old c*nt and disgraceful media will truly have won. Really upsetting to see this happen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #58: Feb 12, 2012 03:02:00 pm
      Like I said, the issue was whether or not the club thought he was going to shake his hand.  The club thought he was, therefore Luis did let the management of the club down.

I defend his right not to shake hands with Evra, but he should rightly apologise to Kenny Dalglish for saying one thing and doing another.  That's not on.

Anyway, that's the end of that then.  I still think Ferguson's comments were totally unacceptable though.

Jd do you know if it was right about Evra trying to confront Suarez before kick off?

Because If thats true both of those statements could have been very different.

They could have went along the lines of Luis Suarez initially agreed to shake Patrice Evra's hand pre match, but due to Patrice Evra seeking a confrontaion with Luis Suarez pre-match, Luis Suarez thought it would be best to not shake hands to avoid further confrontation. Luis apologises profusely that it was taken in the wrong manner but the decision was changed due to incident that happened pre-match.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #59: Feb 12, 2012 03:03:34 pm
      I have to agree with you JD.  If Luis told the club, especially KD, that he was going to shake hands with the c**t then he should have done so.  I don't blame him for not shaking his hand but I do for saying he would.

Think the statement from Ayre was unnecessary although Tadders made a good point about him being the MD so he has to say something. 

Hope he won't let it get to him but I believe he'll stay cos he's that type of person.

Sickens me though that it was that scummy team who started all of this.
      RevillAll
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #60: Feb 12, 2012 03:06:12 pm
      I think Luis is being treated disgustingly ! ( and clearly, he is BEING TOLD TO DO THIS ! ) Let's face it the scum, that is Evra, couldn't give a toss about whether he shook his hand or not ! He's proved time & time again, he's a man of " opportunity ", whether that's the French national team, or a racist one !! ( so called ? ) One word....PATHETIC !!
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #61: Feb 12, 2012 03:07:31 pm
      I still don't think he owes Evra an apology.

PR move no more, no less.
      Why should he ! Will Terry be forced into shaking Ferdinands hand ?
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #62: Feb 12, 2012 03:07:46 pm
      You'll never walk alone hey???? Well the club have made full sure he is out standing by him self waiting to be hung in public. Sad day for the club. Dont know what to think now....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: Feb 12, 2012 03:08:23 pm
      I think the owners have had a few words prior to these statements. Definitely an image thing.

One thing I'm very confident of though is Suarez will be off somewhere else pretty soon. And I don't F***ing blame him.

The whole thing stinks and it has been like food and drink for the venomous sections of the media. I wish Suarez had had a fair trial from the start over this.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #64: Feb 12, 2012 03:11:35 pm
      Please remember he is a Latin Amercian not an easy going country bumkin.He will always act on impulse and if he thought for a second that Evra was being awkward by not moving his hand then why shouldn't he withdraw.
      This is a much bigger problem as it goes to the very heart of our club and what sort of club it is nowadays.
      Call me a racist but I still do not feel Luis has done anything wrong and to get the stick he has from the media is nothing short of a witchhunt.
      RevillAll
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #65: Feb 12, 2012 03:12:12 pm

One thing I'm very confident of though is Suarez will be off somewhere else pretty soon. And I don't f**king blame him.

No one could blame him....and if he stays, every little incident is going to be scrutinised !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #66: Feb 12, 2012 03:12:28 pm
      You'll never walk alone hey???? Well the club have made full sure he is out standing by him self waiting to be hung in public. Sad day for the club. Dont know what to think now....
      WE need to send a copy of the words of YNWA to the owners ans Ayres.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2012 03:13:35 pm
      Should have brought this to the High Court the second that joke of an organisation charged him.

This is what happens when you prolong things :(
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2012 03:13:41 pm
      And btw, that statement from Ayres is a f***in disgrace as well. Who the f**k wrote that for him..Slur Alex?

F**kin shocking, never been as pissed off with the club as i am right now.

Seriously? After the public apology issued by Suarez, the club had no other choice but to make that statement.

Quick Reply