Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Would you want our rivals to go bust?

Read 5714 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: Would you want our rivals to go bust?
      Reply #23: Feb 15, 2012 11:35:42 pm
      i would seriously like to  see man ure go bust.i loathe everything about them. i would love an LFC supporting multi  multi  billionaire buy them out and then destroy them,first by selling their players and then selling/dismantling old toilet and watch them  get  relegated each  season until they  are in the northwest  counties league 10th division................ ..HA HA HA

as an old git im lucky in that  ive seen them relegated in the 1970s into the 2nd division. im hoping at  least  you youngsters get  to  experience that  too in your lifetimes.its fantastic to  witness.

When i win the lottery then bet it all on a multi paying ridiculous odds this is my plan :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #24: Feb 15, 2012 11:37:53 pm
      Were not all arrogant. However, in the 70s United fans had to listen to pool fans doing the same.   ;)

How about the 80's as well!!

And yes I would laugh my arse off if United went under.

Everton no longer bother me!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Feb 15, 2012 11:41:25 pm
      Yes if it was the Scum I would want to wipe them off the face off the earth.
      Bier
      Reply #26: Feb 16, 2012 12:30:24 am
      Celtic fans would be stupid to take too much enjoyment out of Rangers' issues. Scottish football is in a dire state, and this will only make it worse, and that will affect Celtic too. Scottish football was already seriously dropping on the UEFA rankings before this and it won't be long before Champions League football will be out of reach forever for them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27: Feb 16, 2012 01:47:55 am
      Can't say I want any of them to go bust.

But a few torrid years under horrific owners, seeing major players sold on a regular basis with either no one or an older, worse player to replace them?

Go on then, we've had it. It's only fair. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Feb 16, 2012 03:07:21 am
      Can't say I want any of them to go bust.

But a few torrid years under horrific owners, seeing major players sold on a regular basis with either no one or an older, worse player to replace them?

Go on then, we've had it. It's only fair. ;)

This :D

I'd hate to lose them altogether. But some of their dumb F**k fans need to go through some tough times to realize what its like.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Feb 16, 2012 06:20:46 am
      I would not mind Manure going under with one proviso,Ferguson is still their manager when it happens.There would be singing in the streets and football would be all the better for it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: Feb 16, 2012 09:25:23 am
      And yes I would laugh my arse off if United went under.

I'll go with that.

Why would I 'miss' a club I loathe? I didn't miss playing them when they were in the second division and I wouldn't miss playing them again. We'd just have a new paradigm - 'football without the vile club that Man U has become' - Yeah I could live with that.  8)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #31: Feb 16, 2012 09:20:22 pm
      As much as i hate United, loathe Chelsea and dismiss Everton, I personally love the rivalries that we have.
      Would be a poorer season without those games....though i would love them all to suffer the same depressing times we have had recently...oh, the bitters have and always will!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #32: Feb 16, 2012 10:56:21 pm
      Good always needs evil to survive ,so no i wouldn"t like to see the red devils go down , maybe relegated, as for our neighbours across the park they were creaming themselves when we nearly got fu**ed over by the first set of yanks ,so definitely relegated for 5 yrs.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2012 01:19:11 pm
      Portsmouth have just gone into admin for the 2nd time!  :-\
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2012 01:54:39 pm
      Were not all arrogant. However, in the 70s United fans had to listen to pool fans doing the same.   ;)

As a 28 year old you would have 1st hand experience of this 70's experience wouldn't you?.

Trust me, Utd were just as irritating when they were winning F**k all, and that was with out the internet/Facebook/Twitter/Live Football/Sky.

Other teams bar a few did F**k all when we were about to go down the pan, so let them go under.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2012 02:17:27 pm
      As a 28 year old you would have 1st hand experience of this 70's experience wouldn't you?.

Trust me, Utd were just as irritating when they were winning F**k all, and that was with out the internet/Facebook/Twitter/Live Football/Sky.

Other teams bar a few did F**k all when we were about to go down the pan, so let them go under.

F**k me even when they got relegated and they were in the old 1st division they got more coverage than anyone else.
      The only reason they're winning a few trophies is Liverpool aren't.
      LFC were the only club that were capable of twatting  them on a consistant basis and when we took the knock the shackles were off.
      Their luck stayed true and no team has found the wherewithall to mount a serious challenge.
      Only now when they are taking the piss fielding pensioners are they being found wanting, there might be a bit of disquiet at the old toilet tho' when Slur Alco put's his name on the teamsheet for a hobble out next week.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2012 02:21:39 pm
      Every year with the media in the 70s and 80s, we had to listen to how United were on the verge of greatness and how the period of LFC period dominance was about to end. I remember it well because as a youngster I did fret about what if what the media were saying was true.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2012 02:27:09 pm
      Every year with the media in the 70s and 80s, we had to listen to how United were on the verge of greatness and how the period of LFC period dominance was about to end. I remember it well because as a youngster I did fret about what if what the media were saying was true.
      And they're still verging having only won three (3)  European cups, it's driving arl purple nose F***ing crazy hahahaha. 
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2012 02:58:41 pm
      Football is made great by rivalries. Without United and Everton, it wouldn't be quite the same feeling of elation.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #39: Feb 17, 2012 03:16:36 pm
      Thinking about it, i would like to see Man United wiped out simply because I can't stand 95% of their fans.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Feb 17, 2012 04:22:08 pm

Trust me, Utd were just as irritating when they were winning f**k all, and that was with out the internet/Facebook/Twitter/Live Football/Sky.

Other teams bar a few did f**k all when we were about to go down the pan, so let them go under.

28 year old? what you on about?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Feb 17, 2012 04:38:03 pm

:lmao:

Thought your + was your age on your profile!

But I stand by the second part of my post.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Feb 17, 2012 04:45:44 pm
      :lmao:

Thought your + was your age on your profile!

But I stand by the second part of my post.

:lmao: I forgive you  :lmao:

However, your still wrong with the second part as well  :D

In the 70s i got a fair bit of stick from you lot  ;D (( I was in my teens ))... Its worse now though  :'(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: Feb 17, 2012 04:56:13 pm
      In the 70s i got a fair bit of stick from you lot   (( I was in my teens ))... Its worse now though

Yes because now you come looking for it!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #44: Feb 17, 2012 05:20:34 pm
      I remember my delight seeing a crane with a wrecking ball knocking down the stands at Goodison I was convinced they were being demolished.Unfortunately they built a new stand much to my dismay.
      So I would be more than happy to see an end to Everton being brought up next to Goodison in the 60's and 70's would make anyone  bitter .
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #45: Feb 17, 2012 05:23:26 pm
      Yes.

Quick Reply