Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

You'll Never Walk Alone

Read 8644 times
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      You'll Never Walk Alone
      Feb 17, 2012 01:41:12 am
      Sometimes it just strikes you what this club is about and how one man can embody an idea.

Has there any been doubt that Kenny Dalglish is the living embodiment of this club? Throughout this period which has been one of the darkest periods in our history, Kenny has stuck by the right, which is to say, the most honourable course of action. All throughout, we have backed our player despite a combined onslaught from our bitterest rivals, the media, the Football Association and even the Player’s Union.

Despite all our hopes that things would right themselves, at each step things seem to have lurched from bad to worse and it seemed that our club would be buried under a sea of opprobrium. And almost as bad it seemed that the person who accused us of racist behaviour had gotten away with exaggerating his account and of deliberating goading and inflaming the situation to make things worse. It seemed that the game was up and that all hope had been extinguished; that doing the right thing was sometimes not the best strategy in an unjust world.

But look at the reaction of the Uruguay crowd last night. To a man backing Suarez with constant chants, waving of banners, wearing masks and singing songs to be seen and heard by a worldwide audience. One sign says "Wash your mouth Ferguson before talking about Suarez", another "Uruguay is with you Suarez", another 'Suárez is from Nacional. Evra must be from  Peñarol’.

In response from Suarez,

Quiero agradecer enormemente el gran apoyo en estos días que me han dado los fans de el Liverpool que es increíble, con el permiso de ellos quiero agradecer a los hinchas de el Ajax por lo que hicieron hoy y como saben soy uruguayo y defiendo a la selección, pero quiero agradecer a la hinchada, jugadores y directivos de NACIONAL por su gran apoyo hoy!!! A todos un millón de GRACIAS !!!!

(I want to say thanks for the great support that the Liverpool's fans have given me in these last days. I would like to say thanks again to fans of Ajax for what did today. As you know I am Uruguayan, and I defend the selection team, so I want to say thanks to the fans, players and managers of NACIONAL for their great support today! A million THANKS for everybody!)

And it strikes you that Liverpool Football Club have probably become the favourite European team for most Uruguyans, a nation that is the coming power in South American football and has an exciting new generation about to arrive on the world football stage in front of their passionate and honourable fans. Thus the Liverpool football family has grown by a significant degree and the effect of an eight match ban, the opinions of stupid know-nothing pundits and the actions of our underhanded rivals matter much less.  If you were an exciting new Uruguyan prospect breaking through in the next few years which club would you most want to play for abroad right now?

It proves what we knew all along.

Our club is bigger than our rivals, it’s bigger than our national Football Association and it’s bigger than the combined forces of the media. And that’s because it represents an idea  - that if you walk on, with hope in your heart, you’ll never walk alone.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Re: You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1: Feb 17, 2012 02:14:15 am
      Loving these threads and shows just how strong, as a unit, we really are even against corrupt organisations and scummy media.

Cannot wait for the Brighton game cos the Kop are gonna be in full voice.

Nice post Carlos
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #2: Feb 17, 2012 02:48:30 am

Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #3: Feb 17, 2012 05:37:19 am
      ^^^^^
      Yes i know where they are getting at.
      seriously what are they saying.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Feb 17, 2012 06:28:39 am
      I do not understand the lingo but I think the pictures are telling Luis Suarez they love him as much as we do.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5: Feb 17, 2012 07:46:13 am
      Now this is support.

The first one says Suarez Uruguay is with you.

The second, Hey Ferguson, wash your mouth first, then talk about Suarez, can't read the other one.

The one with the players says something like Suarez stay strong.

We need this at Anfield.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #6: Feb 17, 2012 08:36:01 am
      Whether you are a glass half empty or a glass half full kind of person; Whether you are a happy person or a sad person; Whether you are the kind to back our players for being ours or direct your anger at whoever we bought instead of who you wanted; Whether you spread positivity or negativity through your actions; I think we as LFC fans should remember the club we all say we support. No matter what kind of human being you are I believe you should drop your personal life at the door and throw your feelings out the window before you step into LFC's metaphorical abode. You don't matter and neither do I. Only the manager and the XI matter. Now more than ever we do need to stand together and the time for in-fighting should be well and truly in the past. There is nothing more to fight about. Only outside forces will encourage us to fight and boy are they trying. Everyone has been coming down on LFC for a long time now. But we are still here because of our mentality - we are the biggest, best, most passionate club. But more importantly, and what ties this to this thread, is that we are humble, respectful, intelligent people. Forget the stereotypes and the mean, racist things they say about scousers. We have a reputation that exceeds all others and it is our responsibility to continue the legacy of Liverpool being the best, the fans being the best, the smartest, the most passionate and together.

If you feel what I say... if you are guilty of slagging off a player or two or venting publicly a little too much.. you have every right to speak your mind, have your opinion, it helps us see all perspectives and not have rose tinted glasses. But I say to you, F***ing remember what this club is! You're lucky to be a part of this club, very lucky. You are a vital cog in how we are perceived. Stand up to the high expectations we must live up to or support someone else! At least think about it.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 17, 2012 10:52:07 am
      YNWA SUAREZ !!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: Feb 17, 2012 11:33:57 am
      How nice is it that he's been backed by majority of us, Ajax fans, Nacional fans and Uruguay.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #9: Feb 17, 2012 12:27:01 pm
      How nice is it that he's been backed by majority of us, Ajax fans, Nacional fans and Uruguay.

Not surprised, maybe someone should tell FSG and Standard Chartered our worldwide brand hasn't been damaged ONE bit!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Feb 17, 2012 12:40:57 pm
      But huyton Patrick barclay said it would.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #11: Feb 17, 2012 01:09:22 pm
      But huyton Patrick barclay said it would.

Patrick barclay should of been in Amsterdam yesterday then, when apart from Ajax fans wanting it with mancs, there were even fans from Anderlecht hunting mancs down.

Everybody hates them wankers!

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #12: Feb 17, 2012 05:11:18 pm
      Worldwide, only mancs, their connections and the rubbish British press believe and push the anti-Suarez agenda.

No one else takes these Suarez attacks seriously. Most ignore it.

Sadly the handlers of LFC are rattled by it.

Suarez has massive support everywhere else.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #13: Feb 17, 2012 05:23:39 pm
      Not surprised, maybe someone should tell FSG and Standard Chartered our worldwide brand hasn't been damaged ONE bit!

Purly and simply a UK conspiracy involving F**k nose Ferguson , the FA and the media.
      The old c**t that is Ferguson now blames us for his finding himself in the Europa cup and between induced alcoholic coma's is searching for an issue to link LFC with his inability to win five (5) European cups.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Feb 17, 2012 05:38:45 pm
      Lugana was spot on with what he said.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #15: Feb 17, 2012 05:42:23 pm
      Worldwide, only mancs, their connections and the rubbish British press believe and push the anti-Suarez agenda.

The part where you say "The handlers of LFC are rattled" concern's me as well, as much as all our fan's, players and Kenny have come out with support for Luis I'm still a bit dubious why nothing has been said by our owners I know they say that these apologies were not their doing but I can't help but think that someone is "pulling the reigns" on what Kenny and Luis can / can't say. I still can't get my head around how we went from "we'll fight the FA on their decision, to Luis has excepted the 8 match ban" don't get me wrong I could be totally barking up the wrong tree but I can't help feeling the club (not Kenny) are not giving Luis the support and help he so rightly deserves. After all the rumours that have been floating around about our owners flying over here ( yes I know its for the cup matches) I for one would love it if they have had top notch solicitors looking through all this business that has gone on and they have decided to go for the FA and media for all the slanderous reports that have gone on which I feel has  brought more shame on the club than anything that Luis has or hasn't done. Luis I just hope that the media hasn't done enough damage to drive you away from this club and country, you are loved by the fans and they will never want you to walk alone. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #16: Feb 17, 2012 05:57:26 pm

If the owners are following events in the UK, or should I say monitoring the media circus here they will be alarmed and considering their options, which is exactly the desired result the lying bas**rds who concoct the scare stories will be hoping for.
      In the US from personal experience, international news is not on tap and has to be hunted down so it follows that the myriad of alternative contexts and agendas will not be readily available - to say nothing of the more credible reports.
      Hopefully when John Henry el al get closer to the truth their minds can be put at rest. Whereas they might dismiss reports from Uraguay and other places outside manchester when surveying the news at home, when directed they will see that the truth lies with these far away reports and a little nearer home in Liverpool.   
      The part where you say "The handlers of LFC are rattled" concern's me as well, as much as all our fan's, players and Kenny have come out with support for Luis I'm still a bit dubious why nothing has been said by our owners I know they say that these apologies were not their doing but I can't help but think that someone is "pulling the reigns" on what Kenny and Luis can / can't say. I still can't get my head around how we went from "we'll fight the FA on their decision, to Luis has excepted the 8 match ban" don't get me wrong I could be totally barking up the wrong tree but I can't help feeling the club (not Kenny) are not giving Luis the support and help he so rightly deserves. After all the rumours that have been floating around about our owners flying over here ( yes I know its for the cup matches) I for one would love it if they have had top notch solicitors looking through all this business that has gone on and they have decided to go for the FA and media for all the slanderous reports that have gone on which I feel has  brought more shame on the club than anything that Luis has or hasn't done. Luis I just hope that the media hasn't done enough damage to drive you away from this club and country, you are loved by the fans and they will never want you to walk alone. 
      I can only agree with you that NESV would be alarmed at the damning reports filtering through to their offices in Mass. and they would be highly sceptical of an all out war with the institution that is the FA, rightly or wrongly.
      Again we have to put our faith in Mr Dalglish putting his view and advice on which is the best method of dinosaur control and the appropriate long term strategy, if he has any reservations his voice will be heard as we are all aware through past experience.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2012 06:13:11 pm by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Feb 17, 2012 06:46:57 pm
      Purly and simply a UK conspiracy involving f**k nose Ferguson , the FA and the media.
      The old c**t that is Ferguson now blames us for his finding himself in the Europa cup and between induced alcoholic coma's is searching for an issue to link LFC with his inability to win five (5) European cups.
      I would of willingly accepted not signing a new player if our owners had come out from the start and said we are going to fight the F.A. Evra ,Ferguson,Manure  and the media.We will need the money to fight these slanderous charges levelled against Luis Suarez and Liverpool Football Club.Anyone who saw that match knows the real reason for the allegations and it was because Luis gave Evra a footballing lesson that day.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #18: Feb 17, 2012 07:07:16 pm
      If the owners are following events in the UK, or should I say monitoring the media circus here they will be alarmed and considering their options, which is exactly the desired result the lying bas**rds who concoct the scare stories will be hoping for.
      In the US from personal experience, international news is not on tap and has to be hunted down so it follows that the myriad of alternative contexts and agendas will not be readily available - to say nothing of the more credible reports.
      Hopefully when John Henry el al get closer to the truth their minds can be put at rest. Whereas they might dismiss reports from Uraguay and other places outside manchester when surveying the news at home, when directed they will see that the truth lies with these far away reports and a little nearer home in Liverpool.   I can only agree with you that NESV would be alarmed at the damning reports filtering through to their offices in Mass. and they would be highly sceptical of an all out war with the institution that is the FA, rightly or wrongly.
      Again we have to put our faith in Mr Dalglish putting his view and advice on which is the best method of dinosaur control and the appropriate long term strategy, if he has any reservations his voice will be heard as we are all aware through past experience.

Yes that's true mate I just felt as if I needed to get my "niggles" out, but I know what you mean about Kenny and I hope you are right.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #19: Feb 17, 2012 10:27:04 pm
      I just felt as if I needed to get my "niggles" out

Is that racist, or sexy, or both?

???
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #20: Feb 17, 2012 11:34:30 pm
      Is that racist, or sexy, or both?

???

I hope it's not racist, apologies if it is to anyone, it could be seen as sexy depending on your mind ;) but I use it as a feeling I can't describe, don't know why but it's got me thinking now.  :-\
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #21: Feb 17, 2012 11:41:43 pm
      Off topic but I just wanted to share it.

Best YNWA of all times! ! !

Listen to the Chelsea fans :lmao:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Feb 18, 2012 12:36:57 am
      Football journalism,has become an ego-centric race for notoriarity through sensalasionasism.The majority of those nomarks,target issues that can get them,paper coverage.To them,truth is not the issue,sensalisation,commands paper-space.At LFC we remind ourselves,that Media outside the City have resented our success,over the last 40 years,in music,in football,in culture,we are the dog's bollocks,and make no mistake,they all resent us for it.With the exception of the great Sir Matt Busby,the rest are a load of sh*te.

Quick Reply