Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit

Read 23406 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit
      Reply #299: Jan 21, 2012 02:24:19 pm
      Attorney General to consider new inquest

The Attorney General has agreed to consider whether an application should be made for a new inquest to be held over the death of Kevin Williams at Hillsborough.

The 1991 inquest into the 15-year-old's death returned a verdict of accidental death and ruled that all the victims were dead by 3.15pm.

But the government's main legal adviser has said he will look at the original applications to see whether it is now time to order a new inquest.

Kevin's mum Anne, who received support from more than 100,000 people who signed an e-petition during the week, claims that her son was still alive at 4pm and his injuries did not comply with the verdict that victims died of traumatic asphyxia.

An Attorney General's Office spokesperson said: "Although this matter has been considered before, the Attorney General has agreed that he will look at the applications made to his predecessors, to determine whether in his view, the evidence available supports an application to the Court for a new inquest."

Anne is hoping that the case can be heard and debated in the House of Commons.

She said: "The reason for the e-petition was to get it debated in parliament so that the Attorney General and the public can see the evidence. They will see the cover up if it is heard in parliament and that's why my MP is pushing for a debate on it."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/attorney-general-to-consider-new-inquest
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #300: Jan 29, 2012 10:28:48 pm
      MPs to debate proposal into fresh inquest for Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams next week

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/01/27/mps-to-debate-proposal-into-fresh-inquest-for-hillsborough-victim-kevin-williams-next-week-99623-30206759/#ixzz1kt9g0fpI

MPS are set to decide whether to debate a proposal for a fresh inquest into the death of 15-year-old Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams.

The meeting, which was triggered after 113,656 signed an e-petition calling for a verdict over Kevin’s death to be overturned, will go ahead at 1pm on Tuesday.

City of Chester MP Stephen Mosely will make representations to the committee on behalf of Kevin’s mum Anne.

The three options open to the committee include either rejecting the proposal, allocating time for the matter to be discussed at Westminster Hall or hearing a debate and voting on the subject in the House of Commons.

Mr Moseley said: “I’ll be highlighting the fact that the e-petition was well-supported by Liverpool, Merseyside, the North West, Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool FC manager), Wayne Rooney (England striker) and politicians.
      Click here to find out more!

“I’ll also be saying that evidence has come to light since the 1991 verdict and it should be looked at again.

“Hopefully it will be debated in the House of Commons, but it could be in Westminster Hall.”

Calls for a commons debate and vote would carry more weight if it had overwhlming support from MPs.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #301: Jan 29, 2012 10:42:29 pm
      MPs to debate proposal into fresh inquest for Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams next week

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/01/27/mps-to-debate-proposal-into-fresh-inquest-for-hillsborough-victim-kevin-williams-next-week-99623-30206759/#ixzz1kt9g0fpI

MPS are set to decide whether to debate a proposal for a fresh inquest into the death of 15-year-old Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams.

The meeting, which was triggered after 113,656 signed an e-petition calling for a verdict over Kevin’s death to be overturned, will go ahead at 1pm on Tuesday.

City of Chester MP Stephen Mosely will make representations to the committee on behalf of Kevin’s mum Anne.

The three options open to the committee include either rejecting the proposal, allocating time for the matter to be discussed at Westminster Hall or hearing a debate and voting on the subject in the House of Commons.

Mr Moseley said: “I’ll be highlighting the fact that the e-petition was well-supported by Liverpool, Merseyside, the North West, Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool FC manager), Wayne Rooney (England striker) and politicians.
      Click here to find out more!

“I’ll also be saying that evidence has come to light since the 1991 verdict and it should be looked at again.

“Hopefully it will be debated in the House of Commons, but it could be in Westminster Hall.”

Calls for a commons debate and vote would carry more weight if it had overwhlming support from MPs.

Mighty stuff Daz, at one stage i didn"t think it would get the 100,000 mark , i was amazed when it reached over the mark, thank you for all the hard work you put in .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #302: Jan 31, 2012 05:12:12 pm
      BillEstersonMP Bill Esterson
      @annewilliams96b I am afraid the Back Bench Business Committee has said no to a debate. I have put in for debate in Westminster Hall instead.

cu*ts!

We'll have to hope it's because an inquest will be opened by the attorney general.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #303: Jan 31, 2012 05:24:57 pm
      ^^^Absolutely disgusting that!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #304: Jan 31, 2012 05:32:04 pm
      Shower of cu*ts.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #305: Jan 31, 2012 05:39:22 pm
      Politicians not listening to the demands of the public, I F***ing hate them.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #306: Jan 31, 2012 10:14:12 pm
      Would anyone know if the backbenchers involved in this would be made know to the populous that pays their wages?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #307: Jan 31, 2012 10:23:23 pm
      Aside from the obvious disgust I feel so sorry for Anne Williams and the other families. This really seemed like a breakthrough only to be kicked in the stomach again.

I hope those back benchers never have to go through anything remotely along the lines of what Anne and the rest have had to
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #308: Jan 31, 2012 10:36:05 pm
      That"s F***ing sh*t and they know it, talk about pissing down our backs and telling us it"s raining.I hope their nuts drop off.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #309: Feb 09, 2012 10:41:56 am
      About time.

Westminster date set for debate into fresh inquest for Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams

Anne Williams on her continuing fight for justice over Hillsborough

A MUM whose teenage son was crushed at the Hillsborough tragedy has secured a debate at Westminster into his death.

Anne Williams has long campaigned for a fresh inquest for Kevin, 15, who lost his life on the Leppings Lane terraces in Sheffield.

Now the date of February 22 was confirmed for a discussion in Westminster Hall about the Formby teen’s case.

It follows Mrs Williams gaining 115,000 signatures on a petition on the government website including many well-known celebrities and sports stars.

The original inquest decided that all the victims were dead by 3.15pm on the day of the disaster, but witnesses have told Mrs Williams that Kevin was very much alive until at least 4pm.

Sefton Central Labour MP Bill Esterson said: “Justice needs to finally be done” after his lobbying helped to secure the debate.

He added: “This has been a long time coming, but we have at last managed to get this issue debated in Parliament.
      “More than 100,000 people put their names to the campaign calling for the debate on the government's own website.
      “Anne and the rest of the Williams family have been through a 23 year long battle for justice for Kevin.”
      The Hillsborough Justice Campaign said: “We are pleased that the debate for a new inquest for Kevin Williams is to be held in two weeks’ time.
      “Obviously we believe that the debate should have been held under the same circumstances as the debate on October.
         “Nevertheless, it is still a means of keeping the pressure on for justice for all. Well done to everyone who signed the petition to get to this position.
      “Let's hope that this debate forcefully highlights why Kevin Williams’ rights were denied and that a remedy (i.e. a new inquest) is recommended.”
      LFCexiled
      Reply #310: Feb 22, 2012 08:52:55 pm
      Attorney General Hints at Fresh Inquest for Kevin Williams

Attorney General Dominic Grieve hints he will make application for fresh inquest into the Hillsborough death of Liverpool FC fan Kevin Williams

Hillsborough tribute on the Kop

THE Attorney General yesterday dropped a clear hint that he WILL make an application for a fresh inquest into the death of a teenage boy at Hillsborough.

Answering a long-awaited Commons debate, Dominic Grieve said he expected the Hillsborough Panel to unearth further evidence that could tip the balance in the case of 15-year-old Kevin Williams, from Formby.

Mr Grieve told MPs - and Anne Williams, Kevin's mum, who was watching from the gallery - that no decision could be made until the Panel reported, sometime in the summer.
      Anne Williams

But, referring to its work, following the release of all documents relating to the 1989 tragedy, he said: "There will be an opportunity for a more informed examination of the evidence."

And, asked about the anger surrounding the 3.15pm "cut-off point" imposed by the 1991 inquest, Mr Grieve added: "I fully understand the force that lies behind the argument that is being put forward."

It is up to the Attorney General to decide whether to ask the High Court to quash the 1991 inquest, if that is "necessary or desirable in the interests of justice".

Three previous applications have been rejected, despite Anne's insistence that her son was still alive at 4pm and that his injuries do not fit with the official verdict that victims died of traumatic asphyxia.

Earlier, the hugely emotional debate heard heartbreaking evidence that Kevin's life could have been saved - and of the alleged cover-up that followed.

Stephen Mosley, the Conservative MP for the City of Chester, where Anne now lives, urged Mr Grieve to recognise that the 1991 inquest was simply "wrong".

Mr Mosley described how - as late as 3.40pm - Special WPC Debra Martin "found Kevin's pulse and helped take him into the gym".

And he added: "After conducting heart massage and resuscitation, Kevin's ribs began to move and he stirred from unconsciousness. Thinking that she had revived Kevin, Ms Martin picked him up in her arms.
      Kevin Williams

"Kevin opened his eyes and he spoke the word "Mum" before he slumped back and died at just before 4pm."

Mr Mosley said Ms Martin had protested she was "bullied by senior police officers" into stating that Kevin was dead when she treated him - also recounting medical evidence that oxygen could have saved his life.

Other MPs were just as critical. Bill Esterson (Lab; Sefton Central), said: "The suspicion, from families, friends and supporters, is that the 3.15 cut-off is a convenient way of avoiding evidence that lives could have been saved if ambulances had been allowed on the pitch."

And Steve Rotheram (Lab; Liverpool Walton) described the 3.15pm issue as a "get out of jail free card" for the authorities, adding: "How wrong they are. They could, and should, have saved Kevin Williams.

"Has there ever been a national tragedy when no-one at all has been held to account?"

The two-and-a-half hour debate was triggered by the collection of more than 118,000 signatures on an e-petition launched by Anne Williams.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/02/22/attorney-general-dominic-grieve-hints-he-will-make-application-for-fresh-inquest-into-the-hillsborough-death-of-liverpool-fc-fan-kevin-williams-100252-30386030/2/#ixzz1n94OkVVU
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #311: Feb 22, 2012 09:10:27 pm
      Great news that for Anne, just hope it all comes to fruition and she gets the justice she deserves and the floodgates open for the rest of the families affected by the tragedy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #312: Feb 22, 2012 09:23:36 pm
      Great news that for Anne, just hope it all comes to fruition and she gets the justice she deserves and the floodgates open for the rest of the families affected by the tragedy.
      Here here 'Blood', it's pathetic  and tragic that this poor lady has had to wait all these years for closure, i've been watching how this has been developing, and sat frustrated at how little i could do to help, just signing a e-petition does'nt seem enough,

i sincerely hope Annie gets her 'closure' god only knows she deserves that at least, my heart is with her and all the other in-justiced families.

YNWA    JFT96

Quick Reply