Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Reina
      0 (0%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.6%)
      Carragher
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      14 (7.7%)
      Enrique
      7 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      5 (2.8%)
      Adam
      1 (0.6%)
      Downing
      30 (16.6%)
      Carroll
      79 (43.6%)
      Suarez
      23 (12.7%)
      Bridcutt ;)
      21 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Liverpool 6-1 Brighton - FA Cup - Post Match Delight

Read 31238 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Liverpool 6-1 Brighton - FA Cup - Post Match Delight
      Reply #483: Feb 19, 2012 07:31:02 pm
      Fucks sake. Now teams have seen that display they'll all go back to parking the bus at Anfield.
      Queue Stoke and their rugby football.
      They must leave that bus on off County Road or somewhere dead handy for the ground cos everytime Stoke turn up at Anfield that F***ing double decker traffic stopper is in accompaniment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #484: Feb 19, 2012 07:31:30 pm
      Credit where it's due, Downing played pretty well today against a defence that I haven't seen the like of in a long time, christ they have some serious problems at the back. Could of easily been double figures and the 6-1 in no way flattered us, to be honest I think we deserved more than what we got.

Carroll was superb for most of the game, needs to cut out the moaning though as it is too often and predictable and he'll just have the reputation of a whinger and get less decisions go for him in my opinion. Suarez was lively all game and good to get an easy game under his belt and a goal despite a pretty shocking pen miss. Stevie looked fitter and a nice run out for him, thought Johnson had a tough game against a very promising young player in LuaLua who scored a decent goal despite obvious questions needing asking of our wall or lack of it in fact. I can see why Henderson is getting the stick he is because he did very little in the game in which we won so convincingly, he was almost not involved in the game and when Shelvey came on the difference in their attitudes towards the game and working with the ball was obvious and I truly believe he deserves a chance ahead of Jordan at the moment as all the potential in the world gets you nothing if you don't apply your talent. Overall very convincing win and nice set-up for the cup final, something tells me we're gonna have a tough game against Stoke in the next round though, hate their style of play and just hope we can let our class show through as we march on to another final!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #485: Feb 19, 2012 07:33:48 pm
      Teeell me maa, me maa, to keep the champagne on ice, we're going to Wembley twice, tell me ma, me maa..

Get in!

If I could decide right now who we could meet in The Final it would be Everton. Want that Merseyside Derby final so much. That way we can guarentee the cup coming back to Merseyside and also guarentee The Bitters not winning it.

TEELLL ME MAAA ME MAAA............
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #486: Feb 19, 2012 07:35:11 pm
      ESPN coverage is a breath of fresh air compared to ssn.
      Settled down for this one now.

Come on!

Some difference all the same,pity we are not on there every-week.?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #487: Feb 19, 2012 07:35:24 pm
      Credit where it's due, Downing played pretty well today against a defence that I haven't seen the like of in a long time, christ they have some serious problems at the back. Could of easily been double figures and the 6-1 in no way flattered us, to be honest I think we deserved more than what we got.

Carroll was superb for most of the game, needs to cut out the moaning though as it is too often and predictable and he'll just have the reputation of a whinger and get less decisions go for him in my opinion. Suarez was lively all game and good to get an easy game under his belt and a goal despite a pretty shocking pen miss. Stevie looked fitter and a nice run out for him, thought Johnson had a tough game against a very promising young player in LuaLua who scored a decent goal despite obvious questions needing asking of our wall or lack of it in fact. I can see why Henderson is getting the stick he is because he did very little in the game in which we won so convincingly, he was almost not involved in the game and when Shelvey came on the difference in their attitudes towards the game and working with the ball was obvious and I truly believe he deserves a chance ahead of Jordan at the moment as all the potential in the world gets you nothing if you don't apply your talent. Overall very convincing win and nice set-up for the cup final, something tells me we're gonna have a tough game against Stoke in the next round though, hate their style of play and just hope we can let our class show through as we march on to another final!

Good analysis Luke, though I would say that our entire teams needs to cut out the moaning, Luis included. We spend more time with our hands in the air complaining than we do passing the ball at times during a match.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #488: Feb 19, 2012 07:36:18 pm
      Great performance and hat-trick by OG, forgot we loaned him from Man U.

I wanna see him feature for us more often because he offers us something different going forward and gives a new dimension.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #489: Feb 19, 2012 07:40:53 pm
      Great performance and hat-trick by OG, forgot we loaned him from Man U.

I wanna see him feature for us more often because he offers us something different going forward and gives a new dimension.

Really good performance from Owen Goal today, have to say though, getting sick and tired of Miss Penalites still in the squad.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #490: Feb 19, 2012 07:43:20 pm
      Carroll got MOTM for me. He put himself about, always looked lively and took his goal really well. He just needs to quit the moaning at decisions.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #491: Feb 19, 2012 07:46:03 pm
      Really good performance from Owen Goal today, have to say though, getting sick and tired of Miss Penalites still in the squad.

Miss Penalties form has been poor for months now. Since Steven Gerrard's injury, i dont think ive seen her string 3-4 good performances together.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #492: Feb 19, 2012 07:59:59 pm
      Miss Penalties form has been poor for months now. Since Steven Gerrard's injury, i dont think ive seen her string 3-4 good performances together.

Maybe she just needs a good kicking  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #493: Feb 19, 2012 08:02:42 pm
      Who would have thought it, Carroll & Downing battling it out for MotM.

Deservedly so.

Some of the movement today, off the ball, was a joy to behold, even if it didn't always come off.  Two who deserve special praise for this are Downing & Henderson, whilst Shelvey deserves a worthy mention because he carried it on when subbed on as well.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #494: Feb 19, 2012 08:03:21 pm
      Just on the Henderson debate i noticed him being handed two bottles when coming off one water bottle and one supliment type thing so id say the fitness team are working on his strength. No doubt the lad has talent he just needs the confidence to apply his talent hes too soft for me,ye he runs his socks off but i could do that and it wont make me a good footballer. He is a very good footballer just two soft for me and lacks confidence. Shelvey has to start. Other than that i thought luis was awesome as was carroll. Toshack and keegan like?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #495: Feb 19, 2012 08:04:19 pm
      Well you know what they say about women . . .

No matter how hard you try, the balls just won't go in.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #496: Feb 19, 2012 08:09:58 pm
      Great win and a massive confidence booster for next week,went for Enrique motm i thought he was immense today.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #497: Feb 19, 2012 08:10:03 pm
      Well you know what they say about women . . .

No matter how hard you try, the balls just won't go in.
      :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #498: Feb 19, 2012 08:15:05 pm
      Chuffed to F***ing bits. Exactly what we needed before we tw*t Cardiff on Sunday.

Took a while to get into our stride but once we did, our class shone through. "what a waste of money" and "you know what you are", well they both scored so Brighton next time you come to Anfield, I advise you to shut the F**k up cos you've just made yourselves look like tw*ts.

Few areas need working on, couple of poor passes in the final third but generally we were F***ing sound. And thoroughly deserved our place in the next round. When Stoke arrive at Anfield for the Cup game, we'll put 6 past them an all.

Operation "Domestic Cup Double" well under way now.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #499: Feb 19, 2012 08:19:51 pm
      I have been one of Downing's biggest critics, but today he was good, he looked like he gave a sh*t. For Andy's goal he done what I have been waiting for all season, beat a player, pick a man out and provide an assist. We cannot get carried away about beating Brighton, but I am all for giving confidence players their time on the pitch. Tough Andy had his best game of the season, and his touch after he scored was so much better....another confidence player.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #500: Feb 19, 2012 08:31:33 pm
      I have been one of Downing's biggest critics, but today he was good, he looked like he gave a sh*t. For Andy's goal he done what I have been waiting for all season, beat a player, pick a man out and provide an assist. We cannot get carried away about beating Brighton, but I am all for giving confidence players their time on the pitch. Tough Andy had his best game of the season, and his touch after he scored was so much better....another confidence player.
      Pity he didn't give a sh*t at old toilet last week!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #501: Feb 19, 2012 08:48:00 pm
      Teeell me maa, me maa, to keep the champagne on ice, we're going to Wembley twice, tell me ma, me maa..

Actually, it's thrice!!

Those that know ;)

Enjoyed the second half performance, didn't relent as just kept going at them, Downing looked like the player he should be, just needs to do it more in the league and Andy again looked more and more confident as the game grew.

Suarez should lay off the pens for now, let Dirk take them!
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #502: Feb 19, 2012 09:10:13 pm
      just got back what a great day. brilliant match. credit to brighton for having a go.
      We were excellent , downing , carroll and skrtel were superb but luis was stand out dangerous and caused havoc. poor penalty but great performance
      Well done REDMEN!
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Reply #503: Feb 19, 2012 09:15:26 pm
      Great win today can't wait to watch the highlights tonight
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #504: Feb 19, 2012 09:29:02 pm
      First things first

TELL ME MA ME MA

Great to hear it
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #505: Feb 19, 2012 09:30:04 pm
      What is with that "Tell me ma tell me ma" thing ?

Quick Reply