Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

New Albums

Read 24175 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      New Albums
      Sep 22, 2007 10:35:35 pm
      Thought I'd start a topic where people could share a decent album they've just got.... spread the musical wealth and such like!  ;D

Not entirely above board but I've just got the new Foo Fighters album and it's blown me away!  ;D If anyone wants to download it go out and buy it legitimately it's called Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace and it's brilliant!  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: New Albums
      Reply #1: Sep 22, 2007 11:11:27 pm
      Since the V fest I've been wanting to get their album mate. Is that the double one with 'Rock' on one disc and the other one accusticy?

Recently got Kings Of Leon 'Because Of The Times'. Knocked Up and Trunk are my favourite tunes so far...
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Sep 23, 2007 12:54:45 am
      My gf has downloaded Version by Mark Ronson which is really good I particularly like Lily Allen's version of "Oh my God" as originally done by Kaiser Chiefs
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Sep 23, 2007 09:22:38 pm
      Since the V fest I've been wanting to get their album mate. Is that the double one with 'Rock' on one disc and the other one accusticy?

Recently got Kings Of Leon 'Because Of The Times'. Knocked Up and Trunk are my favourite tunes so far...

That Foo Fighters album is called In Your Honour, and it's possibly the best addition to any music collection in the world! It's that good! ;D The new one's officially out on Tuesday I think, and it's well worth buying! (I'm still buying it! Proper fan me hehe!)

My gf has downloaded Version by Mark Ronson which is really good I particularly like Lily Allen's version of "Oh my God" as originally done by Kaiser Chiefs

Me mate's into Mark Ronson, although I haven't been able to get into it myself! Not really into remixes! Who else covers on the album AJ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Sep 23, 2007 10:29:41 pm
      Court was telling me that the new James Blunt albums really good....
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Sep 23, 2007 11:11:02 pm

Got that too! :D

It is quite good! 1973 is brilliant as is I Really Want You

On Singer / Songwriters though, Damien Rice is the best at the moment! Booked to see him 11th October! Absolutely amazing!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Sep 23, 2007 11:17:37 pm
      On Singer / Songwriters though, Damien Rice is the best at the moment! Booked to see him 11th October! Absolutely amazing!

You into the singer songwriters then mate?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Sep 23, 2007 11:26:17 pm
      Not many like! Into Dylan, Springsteen etc! But Damien Rice, James Blunt and James Morrison are the only ones I'd really give any time to at present!
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 23, 2007 11:32:22 pm
      Highly recommend Billy Joel - but the only new albums likely to come from him these days are compilations or classical :(
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Sep 23, 2007 11:33:42 pm
      Highly recommend Billy Joel - but the only new albums likely to come from him these days are compilations or classical :(

I like We Didn't Start The Fire! Sounds really simple just shouting a list of major events but it sounds good! ;)
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 23, 2007 11:42:06 pm
      I like We Didn't Start The Fire! Sounds really simple just shouting a list of major events but it sounds good! ;)

I hear US schools used it as a tool to teach US 20th century history. It's on the Storm Front album.

Check this out if you are interested
      http://musicbox.sonybmg.com/video-player/billy_joel
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Sep 23, 2007 11:45:28 pm
      Ahhhh The Piano Man! Cracking song!  :) I usually stick to Youtube for music videos but that looks good too!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2007 12:32:28 am
      Not many like! Into Dylan, Springsteen etc! But Damien Rice, James Blunt and James Morrison are the only ones I'd really give any time to at present!

If you like Dylan you must like David Gray, no? You ever heard of Tina Dico?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2007 09:20:57 am
      I get most albums a good 2 weeks before they come out. Had Foo Fighters about a month ago. Great album! Give The State Of Things by The Reverend and the Makers a listen, brilliant album.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2007 11:19:06 am
      Me mate's into Mark Ronson, although I haven't been able to get into it myself! Not really into remixes! Who else covers on the album AJ?

A few decent covers really including Amy Winehouse doing Valarie, I gotta admit as much as all the talk of drugs and drink problems she is actually a really good singer.  I was a little disappointed though when she sang on Charlotte Church's show as she was obviously out of it.

Anyway other covers include Toxic with ODB which is really good.  There is also a tune with a sample of The Supremes "Keep me Hangin on" which is entitled "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before" (very clever Mark)

I'd say it's definitely worth a download

PS Does anyone actually go to HMV/Virgin these days? answers on a postcard.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2007 11:27:23 am by AJ »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2007 12:14:16 pm
      Never really been into The Foo Fighters before, but heard The Pretender & absolutely loved it. Is the rest of the album just as good?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Oct 04, 2007 05:22:46 pm
      If you like Dylan you must like David Gray, no? You ever heard of Tina Dico?

David Gray's good too! Still much prefer Damien Rice though! Got me ticket to see him on the 11th of this month! Can't wait!

A few decent covers really including Amy Winehouse doing Valarie, I gotta admit as much as all the talk of drugs and drink problems she is actually a really good singer.  I was a little disappointed though when she sang on Charlotte Church's show as she was obviously out of it.

Anyway other covers include Toxic with ODB which is really good.  There is also a tune with a sample of The Supremes "Keep me Hangin on" which is entitled "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before" (very clever Mark)

I'd say it's definitely worth a download

PS Does anyone actually go to HMV/Virgin these days? answers on a postcard.

She is a good singer on her studio stuff, but she is absolutely shocking live! I had the misfortune of witnessing this sh*te while she supported the fantastic Arctic Monkeys! Even the girl I was with, who is a massive fan, decided it was best to go get some food while she was on! She was very dissapointed!

And yes, I still go to HMV! I don't download stuff by bands I'm really into! Cheating the business ain't my game! ;)

Never really been into The Foo Fighters before, but heard The Pretender & absolutely loved it. Is the rest of the album just as good?

The whole album is amazing! Very subdued and mellow bits with some decent rock songs too! I'd recommend their entire back catologue though Eddie! I'm due to see them for the 4th time running in November, and I cannot pin down one bad song! They're all equally as good as the rest! ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #17: Oct 04, 2007 08:27:37 pm
      Foo Fighters
      The Pretender

(Official Video)

I've heard the song a few times now but this was the 1st time I'd seen the video...
      :action-smiley-035: Mate, it rocks! Enjoy!  :action-smiley-035:

I did a sky-dive on October 30th 2005... 2 days after my birthday...
      The soundtrack to the flight and free fall video is

Foo Fighters
      All My Life

A perfect song to remember one of the best things I've ever done!  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Oct 04, 2007 08:49:01 pm
      Two of my favourites! The video for The Pretender is out of this world! Just fits the song so well!

All My Life is the last song I seen at the V Festival this year! It'll live with me forever everytime I hear that song, jumpin' around with me mates at the end! Finished off an amazing weekend! It was the second song when I seen them in Hyde Park!

I recommend Everlong! This is what I seen in Hyde Park! Last song, had the crowd in tears! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0UhVISTKek
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Oct 05, 2007 04:39:35 pm

And the new Will Young album is a good buy...  :lmao:

If you're a rocker 'like myself' go and downl... buy 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

I love The Pretender BTW!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Oct 11, 2007 04:12:18 pm
      And the new Will Young album is a good buy...  :lmao:

If you're a rocker 'like myself' go and downl... buy 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie

I love The Pretender BTW!

Brilliant album the 30 Seconds To Mars one! The two songs they've brought out are good but the album tracks are class!

Off now to the MEN Arena to see Damien Rice in concert! Proper buzzing! ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2007 08:49:07 pm
      Been listening to the new Stereophonics album - Pull The Pin all day, and got so say very impressed with it.
      A must album for music lovers.

A bit disappointed with the new Orson album though - Culture Vulturs. Thought it had more promise than it gave.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2007 09:10:28 pm
      Been listening to the new Stereophonics album - Pull The Pin all day, and got so say very impressed with it.
      A must album for music lovers.

A bit disappointed with the new Orson album though - Culture Vulturs. Thought it had more promise than it gave.

New Phonics album is amazing! Going to see them next week!

Went to see The Hoosiers on Tuesday, and they were good too! Second time I've seen them!

And got the Foo Fighters on Saturday! Not a bad week! 8)

Quick Reply