Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

**F.A.O. Irish reds HJC coming to Dublin**

Read 2367 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      **F.A.O. Irish reds HJC coming to Dublin**
      Feb 25, 2012 08:37:10 am
      Friday 30th March at the Academy in Dublin...

Justice Tonight Tour
      The Academy
      Fri 30 Mar 12

back

In Aid of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign

A Ten-piece band featuring Mick Jones (The Clash/Big Audio Dynamite) Pete Wylie (Wah!) & The Farm

Joined on stage by very special guests

Dublin - The Academy
       Friday 30th March

After playing a number of celebrated dates around the UK in December, The Justice Tonight Band has announced an Irish date at The Academy on Friday 30th March. The band - made up of Mick Jones (The Clash/Big Audio Dynamite), Pete Wylie (Wah!) & The Farm, will be joined by some very special guests.
       Guests at previous gigs included James Dean Bradfield, Richard Hawley, Glasvegas Jon McClure, Hard Fi’s Richard Archer, John Bishop, Billy Bragg, Cast, Primal Scream, Paul Simonon, & Ian Brown & John Squire from The Stone Roses.

The band perform tracks like ‘Stay Free’, ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’, ‘Clampdown’, ‘Bankrobber’, ‘Armagideon Time’, ‘London Calling’, ‘Story of The Blues’, and ‘All Together Now’.
       For Mick Jones this will be the first time he has toured in Ireland performing Clash songs since 1982, he says:
       “I’m totally honored to be part of something so meaningful and I hope that we can do some good”
       Every gig should have a reason and these shows are about getting Justice for the families, survivors and supporters of the 96 people who died at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough football ground on 15th April 1989.
       The Hillsborough Justice Campaign continues to fight for the victims of the disaster and for the truth to be established. Everyone volunteers their time and skills for free. As well as challenging the official version of events, the group also helps survivors of the disaster, many of whom have suffered long term psychological damage.

The HJC has operated in the face of great adversity for years and has had to utilize new technology to promote the campaign in the face of a hostile media. It is the view of the HJC that the Hillsborough Disaster and subsequent cover up is a miscarriage of justice. Human and civil rights were denied in the aftermath of the disaster. It is for this reason that the HJC is pleased to support the forthcoming concert which aims to promote the broader issue of justice in a society where rights are increasingly being eroded.

Don’t miss this very special show on Friday 30th March at The Academy. Tickets €25.00 including booking fee, on sale Friday 24th February at 9am.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Re: **F.A.O. Irish reds HJC coming to Dublin**
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2012 04:08:39 pm
      Are tickets on sale from ticket master? Should be a good night
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest