Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Martin Skrtel
      133 (49.1%)
      Stewart Downing
      107 (39.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      20 (7.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      0 (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      0 (0%)
      Dan Agger
      3 (1.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      0 (0%)
      Andy Carroll
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (0.4%)
      Someone else?
      2 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 264

2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation

Read 64182 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1334: Feb 28, 2012 01:07:24 am
      unfortunately,time for a reality check.That perforemance was Well below,a requirement,for a top 4 place.If this contiuse,then Europa league is the target.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: 2012 Carling Cup Final Live Thread - Liverpool v Cardiff and post match elation
      Reply #1335: Feb 28, 2012 01:13:03 am
      We've already secured Europa League.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1336: Feb 28, 2012 01:14:25 am
      Think I had a few too many pints in the Moore Spice before the match though

Was in there about 2pm, had a boss sing song, think we where more near the back by where the door to the toilets were.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1337: Feb 28, 2012 01:18:01 am
      unfortunately,time for a reality check.That perforemance was Well below,a requirement,for a top 4 place.If this contiuse,then Europa league is the target.

Don't drink and post.

We're already in Europe now next season.  No longer a target. That deal is done.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1338: Feb 28, 2012 01:19:39 am
      Fields of Anfield Road

\o>

My camera is sh*t, but... you get the idea!
      loyalred
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1339: Feb 28, 2012 01:26:24 am
      Had a great pint o'guiness in O'Neill's on Euston Rd before the match and the place was full of reds great atmos...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1340: Feb 28, 2012 01:27:54 am
      Oh I forgot to mention that I saw David Flarcough when I was going up the stairs to my seat... he was about 2 or 3 meters away, but too many people were around him already, if not I'd try to ask for a photo
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1341: Feb 28, 2012 01:44:44 am
      all the merch is sold out on the offal!! i want a half half scarf and a cup final shirt!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1342: Feb 28, 2012 06:51:41 am
       I watched a replay of the match today and I am convinced that we should of got a free kick when Cardiff scored that second goal,to my mind Kuyt was fouled.Am I being biased or does anyone else agree with me,still the important thing was we came away from Wembley with the Carling Cup and that is what we went there for.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #1343: Feb 28, 2012 08:21:36 am
      I watched a replay of the match today and I am convinced that we should of got a free kick when Cardiff scored that second goal,to my mind Kuyt was fouled.Am I being biased or does anyone else agree with me,still the important thing was we came away from Wembley with the Carling Cup and that is what we went there for.

He was absolutely and clearly fouled. But those calls are always inconsistent in the box, so I just accepted it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1344: Feb 28, 2012 08:34:38 am
      I thought that at the time Billy.
      Thankfully it didn't matter in the end.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1345: Feb 28, 2012 08:56:29 am
      Watched the match back last night, have to say it summed up our season for me.

Loads of possession, lots of attempts on goal but just missing that cutting edge up front.

To his credit, Downing had a far better game than I gave him credit for on Sunday (thought he was decent) and pushed Skrtel close for our best player. Great to re-live the celebrations at the end, they will stay with me for a long time.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1346: Feb 28, 2012 09:26:54 am
      The kind the parks around watford and doesn't pay the congestion fee!!

There is no congestion charge around Wembley, and it doesn't apply at the weekends anyway.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1347: Feb 28, 2012 09:33:02 am

Thats what my seat would have looked like   ;)

Hope you had a top day Diego lad.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1348: Feb 28, 2012 10:04:33 am
      What did everyone make of the atmosphere at Wembley?

I was in 2nd row of top tier (block 515 behind the goal). Think that the fact its so big with that coperate tier in between its hard to get everyone singing the same song. Seemed everyone was singing but at times there were 2 or 3 songs going at the same time.

There was one FOAR which everyone seemed in sync and was brilliant and very loud.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1349: Feb 28, 2012 10:22:05 am
      Get the f**k in...you f**king Beauty.

So fkn happy when their Gerrard missed his penalty. It's been too long since we lifted a Cup and was great seeing Steven lift that trophy up top of the stairs, even if those bloody ribbons did get in his face.  ;D

As soon as we won I said to my mate F***ing KARMA has gone our way for a change. All throughout the season that woodwork has denied us. This time it denied them. Don't really think Pepe was close to making a save.

Oh well, another trophy in the Cabinet. Made up for all us Reds, especially Diego who got to witness it live (ya lucky b***ard(s)). Can't wait till we lift The FA Cup in May. I love going to Wembley.

Last but definitly not least, loved Carra's interview with that Sky plonker...pissed myself laughing.  :lmao: You tell him Carra. Legend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #1350: Feb 28, 2012 11:27:37 am
      There is no congestion charge around Wembley, and it doesn't apply at the weekends anyway.

Might of been the fee Wembley charges for parking. I know it was something to do with what the driver had to pay.

Not arsed because we had a great laugh on the train in.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1351: Feb 28, 2012 11:34:31 am
      Rattled it down to Crewe at 8:00 in the car, got to the train station at 8:41, by chance there was a train leaving literally 2 minutes after I got there, managed to squeeze on right at the back despite this women on the platform claiming "Theres no chance of you getting on here". Then had to stand up for the next 2 hours and half next to a toilet overflowing with piss and in sweltering heat after being a dick and deciding to bring a jacket!

Had some good laughs on the way down though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1352: Feb 28, 2012 12:04:14 pm
      Well said Carra, put that tw*t Andy Burton well and truly in his place.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1353: Feb 28, 2012 12:25:31 pm
      Went up to South Parkway at 7:30 after 7 missed calls from my sister in law & a text saying the charter train was CANCELLED f***in panic stations or what!!!
      After being there about 20 minutes got the confirmation thru that the train was defo running. Happy Days.

The station was mobbed by about half past 9. All us knobheads who had actually paid for our journey had to wait while all the reserves & a few staff!! plus the players wifes [Alex looked great]& kids piled on before us into 1st class.
      Left about 10 past 10 in the end only 15 minutes later than scheduled. The train was painfully slow for the first hour as we were rerouted due to the engineering train derailment, not that we were bothered the beers had started to flow by then..All the old songs were being sung it was Epic....
      Have to say that when we got to Wembley central i was amazed at the amount of Cardiff fans about fair play to them.
      Walking up Wembley way was what its all about really
      Nothing beats being at Wembley watching the Reds lift trophys....
      HAPPY DAYS LAD..................... ........................ ........................ ..........
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1354: Feb 28, 2012 12:46:41 pm
      Oaft, what about that game. We don't like making finals easy do we.

Over the moon, my kids have seen their first cup final, and seen us win, only on TV right enough, but 42" HD plasma on SKY sprts is very nice. :-) ! YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1355: Feb 28, 2012 01:32:08 pm
      The year is 2012 and 12 year old bluenose Duncan is talking to his bluenose Dad.

SON "Dad, my mates in school told me that Liverpool won the League Cup for an eighth time - are they right dad?

DAD "Yes son, it's true, but they were dead lucky son, all the way through the tournament"

SON "Why dad?"

DAD "Well in their first match....”

SON "What dad, nice easy home tie?”

DAD "Away to League 1, Exeter, pretty easy really”

SON "Yeah but usually the top teams put out a reserve side and often slip up against that sort of team don’t they? "

DAD "Well true son, but Liverpool put out a strong side and won comfortably".

SON “Oh right, well easier next game then?”

DAD "Championship team this time, Brighton".

SON "Home"

DAD "Away again?"

SON "That doesn’t sound easy?”

DAD "I guess not but they avoided the big guns in the next round too"

SON "Another League one team?”

DAD "Stoke away”

SON "Blimey, not the cliché wet evening game away to Stoke? ;D".

DAD "Yeah but they were lucky to win it!"

SON "Wasn’t that when Suarez nutmegged the defender before curling it into the corner of the net?"

DAD "Well, anyway, they had Chelsea next"

SON "Home?"

DAD "Away again"

SON "Tough! Was it close?”

DAD "Ermm they missed a penalty but got 2 lucky goals".

SON "Doesn’t sound that lucky. Who did they get in the Semis, easy tie?"

DAD "Man City"

SON "Man City - for crying out loud - what an easy draw - they've won nothing, Everton have won more than them".

DAD "Well they are top of the Premiership and have a squad that cost about a billion but the Red S*&$e managed to beat them away"

SON "Jesus Christ - so Liverpool beat the English Champions elect too"

DAD "Yes son, they ****** well did".

SON "So they had an easy match in the final then?"

DAD "Too right – Cardiff!"

SON “Oh that IS easy!".

DAD "Well son they are going for promotion in the Championship and beat Blackburn and United’s conquerors, Palace, but pretty easy, yes"

SON "So Liverpool walked it then?"

DAD "Actually no, they were 1:0 down at half time".

SON "What happened, how did Liverpool get back into the game?"

DAD "Well Liverpool finally got lucky with one of their 39 shots"

SON "39! Blimey! So what happened next - extra time?"

DAD "Yeah, and Liverpool still couldn’t beat them'"

SON "Then what"

DAD "Penalties!"

SON "English teams are crap at penalties"

DAD "They were! Gerrard and Adam missed their two”

SON "So how come they won? Who did Liverpool have left to take penalties?"

DAD "Well, Kuyt, Downing and Johnson took their last 3".

Son: “Downing and Johnson! Didn’t you say they were rubbish?!”

Dad “Well usually they are, anyway that's how Liverpool became the luckiest team to win the Carling Cup".

SON "So let's get this straight dad - Liverpool had 4 away ties, went to Stoke on a wet Wednesday and won. Beat Chelsea away, then played the most expensive team ever to be assembled.... and beat them away, before coming back from 1-0 down to beat Cardiff in the final?”

DAD "That about sums it up son"

SON "Dad?"

DAD "Yes son"

SON "Can I have a Liverpool shirt for my birthday next week, and again, can you stop calling me Duncan - I'm Stevie from now on!"
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2806 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1356: Feb 28, 2012 07:03:11 pm
      Have been in no fit state to post!!

Great to win another league cup. Didnt take the King long to deliver did it!! What is it with Liverpool and penalties?

Hard luck to Cardiff. What was up with the amount of there lot getting cramp in normal time?

Quick Reply