Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Did Bellers care more about Cardiff than Liverpool

Read 7785 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Did Bellers care more about Cardiff than Liverpool
      Reply #23: Feb 27, 2012 03:24:22 pm
      I'm surprised the FA aren't investigating Anthony Gerrard myself. Think about it - an admitted boyhood Liverpudlian volunteers to take the deciding penalty and then tamely side foots it wide? Something not right there. I reckon he's had a bet on himself to miss there aswell.

This IS the knee jerk thread, right?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #24: Feb 27, 2012 03:25:02 pm
      We'll let you off due to your newness and ferocious post rate. You barely have time to consider what you're typing.

Duly noted..

See you all in April  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #25: Feb 27, 2012 03:33:24 pm
      If anything thought we played better when Bellamy came on.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #26: Feb 27, 2012 03:42:21 pm
       :f_doh: Really???

After the year he's had, you have the temerity to ask whether he cares more for Cardiff? Craig's a professional, he wanted to win yesterday, and you can bet he'd want a goal even if he kept saying he wouldn't celebrate. Doesn't matter who he cares more for. He plays for us now, and you can be damn sure what he cared about most was getting that medal for himself, and the trophy for the club.

I understand where this point of view comes from, but I didn't see Bellamy do anything that could possibly attract this criticism.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #27: Feb 27, 2012 03:49:11 pm
      I don't think he cared more about Cardiff, I just think he was showing respect to a team he loves.

As fans, we appreciate how difficult it will have been for Bellers to play and then watch his local side lose in the most cruel of fashions. If anyone questions his commitment to us over them that day, then I lose all hope in our supporters.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Feb 27, 2012 04:01:32 pm
      This is just a rediculous thread ..simple
        To think bellers  did not give100% deliberately, is stupid

sorry,won't come in this thread again

YNWA
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Feb 27, 2012 04:17:09 pm
      He missed all his shots on purpose the c**t. :P
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #30: Feb 27, 2012 04:17:50 pm
      No, I'll leave now, before I hit someone. 
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #31: Feb 27, 2012 04:53:14 pm
      Fantastic time yesterday winning Carling cup, one thing that started to really irk me a few days ago is how Craig Bellemy seemed more concerned about not beating Cardiff than Winning The Cup for Liverpool. 

Ever single time he said he wont celebrate if he scores or wins out of respect, fair enough but what about respecting those fans who are cheering your name week in week out, just seemed to me he was more concerned about Cardiff yesterday than Liverpool and I think Kenny was spot on leaving him on the bench.

I don't think he would have tried any less than normal just that his heart wasn't in it to win it for Liverpool and even now after winning the cup he still is going on about how he didn't care if we won or not, well we as the fans did care!!

Seriously Craig show some consideration to the fans who are supporting you now.

F**k Off Lad
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #32: Feb 27, 2012 05:07:24 pm
      I found some of his comments strange in the week before kick off.  No doubt in my mind that if Cardiff get promoted he will probably go to them in the summer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4967 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Feb 27, 2012 05:31:06 pm
      Fantastic time yesterday winning Carling cup, one thing that started to really irk me a few days ago is how Craig Bellemy seemed more concerned about not beating Cardiff than Winning The Cup for Liverpool. 

Ever single time he said he wont celebrate if he scores or wins out of respect, fair enough but what about respecting those fans who are cheering your name week in week out, just seemed to me he was more concerned about Cardiff yesterday than Liverpool and I think Kenny was spot on leaving him on the bench.

I don't think he would have tried any less than normal just that his heart wasn't in it to win it for Liverpool and even now after winning the cup he still is going on about how he didn't care if we won or not, well we as the fans did care!!

You need to give yourself a good f***in shake fella, either that or your just a WUM on here to F**k with posters minds, whatever, you are seriously deluded if you think or believe Bellers would not give %100 or be more concerned with Cardiff,

It's his home town FF's, he was born and bred there, it's his 'ol' man's team, he's going to feel sentimental, sometimes i wonder about the mentality of the modern LFC fan, your attitude towards our players is not worthy of your support, so wise up fella and engage your braincell before you operate your gob,
      either that or Foxtrot Oscar.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Feb 27, 2012 05:42:30 pm
       :mad:  Oh dear oh dear *shakes head in disbelief*

No more words needed.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #35: Feb 27, 2012 05:44:01 pm
      silly thread really. anyone with some class or loyalty would have behaved in the same way. gave it all when he came on. end of story.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Feb 27, 2012 05:51:51 pm
      Is this still open, I think it says a lot about Bellamy is clapped by Man City and Cardiff fans, his work in Sierra Leone is an absolute credit to him and he has never used it to show how great he. And lastly he has told Terry on numerous times what he thinks of him something we would all love to do.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #37: Feb 27, 2012 05:56:16 pm
      I think it is disrespectful to Bellamy to suggest he didn't give 100%.

That's hardly the face of someone who wanted Cardiff to win or didn't want to be part of the winning team.

That's all I want to say on this subject.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #38: Feb 27, 2012 06:03:49 pm

That last sentence is outrageous. Craig is well respected by the majority of fans from his previous clubs and is very popular amongst our fans. That doesn't happen if one shows a lack of consideration to them. You should feel ashamed for not only entertaining such a ridiculous notion but to share such bile is  a very poor showing for someone claiming to be a fan. Don't confuse respect with having a poor attitude. Yesterday Craig had the former, today you have the latter.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #39: Feb 27, 2012 06:36:23 pm
      Christ!!! my point was aimed at the lack of appreciation to us, in the build up it just seemed more about Cardiff losing than Liverpool winning, I'd always say bellemy gives 100%, my bad for having a voice

smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #40: Feb 27, 2012 06:41:33 pm
      Terrible thread. The answer is no. He has class and didn't want to rub it in, simple.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Feb 27, 2012 06:47:43 pm
      fair enough clearly I'm the only one annoyed by it, so be it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #42: Feb 27, 2012 06:53:00 pm
      fair enough clearly I'm the only one annoyed by it, so be it.

It's called respect.

And honesty.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #43: Feb 27, 2012 07:23:39 pm
      Christ!!! my point was aimed at the lack of appreciation to us, in the build up it just seemed more about Cardiff losing than Liverpool winning, I'd always say bellemy gives 100%, my bad for having a voice

You have a voice, just the majority of fans strongly disagree with it. If you felt a desperate need to share it then the player thread would have been more apt instead of wasting everyone's time with a thread that a) concerns a relatively small and very subjective issue and b) most fans here disagree on. It's hardly a topic that was going to spring up a well of interesting debate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #44: Feb 27, 2012 07:47:56 pm
      Seen this thread on my phone this morning and didn't expect it to survive until I got home from work.

Cares about Cardiff?

Yes.

Cares enough not to try and win a trophy for the club he is currently at?

I seriously doubt it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Feb 27, 2012 09:03:00 pm
      Strange bloke Bellamy. I pissed myself laughing when he grabbed the Cardiff player (who was about 6 inches taller) by the collar soon after coming on.

I am sure Craig felt sorry for Cardiff, but was delighted to have won a trophy with Liverpool.

Quick Reply