Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool To Address Midfield Issue

Read 12176 times
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Re: Liverpool To Address Midfield Issue
      Reply #23: Feb 28, 2012 04:22:04 pm
      Comolli states that target's "have been identified" that's about as positive as it gets buddy.

great point mate, and on top of that its reassuring that the rumors aren't about the likes of Carlton Cole or Luke Young like they were a year and a half ago
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 28, 2012 04:32:17 pm
      Jen Chang ‏ @JenChang88
      @Kopstu as for Martinez/Hazard, interest not same as a bid, bid not same as a deal, but I think LFC summer bids are certainly possible

God I hope this comes off
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #25: Feb 28, 2012 04:47:16 pm
      Out of interest who is Jen Chang?

Don't go for these rumour people who pretend to know stuff normally.. Very skeptical of these people generally so never look for them.
      Not being funny just wondering who they are?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #26: Feb 28, 2012 04:52:36 pm

Don't go for these rumour people who pretend to know stuff normally.. Very skeptical of these people generally so never look for them.
      The Echo report with the Comolli statement of intent seems to put the rumour side of things to bed mate, the midfield really is a priority right now and the owners appear to be aware of the situation.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Feb 28, 2012 04:53:40 pm

He's the senior editor at Sports Illustrated.

http://twitter.com/#!/jenchang88
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #28: Feb 28, 2012 04:56:16 pm
      The Echo report with the Comolli statement of intent seems to put the rumour side of things to bed mate.

DC doesn't name names though does he?

I'm sure he is telling the absolute truth that we are in talks with players but until it happens the actual names are still rumours?

Wasn't bring funny stu I just wondered who this Jen Chang was is all.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2012 04:58:20 pm

Cheers Racer... Normally get things right does he?

Wasn't being funny I just think "some" of these types love people to think they know what's happening when we have made it clear as a club that our business won't be done publically..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2012 04:58:48 pm
      DC doesn't name names though does he?

I'm sure he is telling the absolute truth that we are in talks with players but until it happens the actual names are still rumours?

Wasn't bring funny stu I just wondered who this Jen Chang was is all.

Chang was only responding to somebody asking him a question anyway, so I wouldn't use his association with the links as
      a means to add any semblance of credibility to either players link.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2012 05:00:06 pm

Now we're all wiser PD - cheers racer.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #32: Feb 28, 2012 05:00:48 pm
      Chang was only responding to somebody asking him a question anyway, so I wouldn't use his association with the links as
      a means to add any semblance of credibility to either players link.

Was all I meant... Just more eloquently put.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2012 05:03:39 pm
      Was all I meant... Just more eloquently put.

Ah shucks. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Feb 28, 2012 05:07:20 pm
      Since we're talking Liverpool potential midfield targets.

It has been revealed that Liverpool are watching Hertha Berlin midfielder Raffael.

Kicker revealed that the Premier League giants are among clubs watching the Brazilian this season.

The South American’s contract has two more years to run and he has a market value of around £7m and that has not deterred Kenny Dalglish’s side or Lazio and Sampdoria from expressing an interest.

http://specials.forbes.com/article/0c0Bc3sd3i1dx

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2012 05:09:21 pm

No more or less than any other if truth be told P_d but some on here tend to lend more weight behind his brand of speculation. I guess that's because he's less of a 'sensationalist'. Anyway...

Back on topic; it would be nice to get a few of these names if, for no other reason, it means we don't have to put up with wannabe scouts whining about "who we should have bought"... oh... and (more importantly) they'll strengthen our team.    ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2012 05:24:21 pm
      Jen Chang is the lad that said last summer downing was our number 1 choice and Mata was number 2. We wanted downing ahead of Mata.  So im hoping he talks a bit of sh*te.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Feb 28, 2012 05:32:40 pm
      FF's here we f***in go, the season hasn't finished and yet potential signings are being linked to our club, who dreams up this bollocks? for all we know Damiens players could be Messi, Fabregas and Ronaldo, or maybe Bale, Rooney or Villa, might even be Torres, or Adebayor,

it's f***in pathetic, i will start believing when i see the evidence, the players mentioned are indeed quality but come on, lets just wait and see what transpires around July and August.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #38: Feb 28, 2012 05:37:28 pm
      I've given up being arsed what some Twitter superstar says or what the Red tops print in an attempt to sell more papers.

Experience has shown me over 90% of speculation spouted in relation to transfers ultimately tends to be bullshit.

When they're at Melwood, wearing the red shirt and shaking Kenny's hand, then I'll take notice.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #39: Feb 28, 2012 05:38:42 pm
      When they're at Melwood, wearing the red shirt and shaking Kenny's hand, then I'll take notice.

Spot on that Danny!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #40: Feb 28, 2012 05:43:21 pm
      Perhaps if these rumours became more widespread it would put pressure on the current midfield? I don't know whether that would be a good thing or a bad thing. Adam isn't a player who should be starting for Liverpool week in week out so we need another player in his position but it's also important not to limit the chances of Jordan Henderson. Yes he's not exactly set the world alight but he's a work in progress, just like Lucas was.

And dare I say it perhaps it's best to start looking for a long term replacement for Steven Gerrard. Clearly someone of Hazard's quality would fit the bill incredibly well as the new midfield talisman but that seems but a dream at the moment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #41: Feb 28, 2012 06:08:44 pm
      Perhaps if these rumours became more widespread it would put pressure on the current midfield? I don't know whether that would be a good thing or a bad thing. Adam isn't a player who should be starting for Liverpool week in week out so we need another player in his position but it's also important not to limit the chances of Jordan Henderson. Yes he's not exactly set the world alight but he's a work in progress, just like Lucas was.

And dare I say it perhaps it's best to start looking for a long term replacement for Steven Gerrard. Clearly someone of Hazard's quality would fit the bill incredibly well as the new midfield talisman but that seems but a dream at the moment.

To be honest I wouldn't think the reaction of the current midfielders is of any consequence, it is very likely the indiviuals to be replaced are in the system already and apart from some miraculous transformation they are ex players.
      As I posted earlier Comolli's statement adds some wieght to the rumour not foregoing the fact that the present midfield set up is not acceptable as a Liverpool standard.
      Gerrard's long term replacement will come into the equation as a matter of course no doubt.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Feb 28, 2012 06:12:55 pm
      We defo need to sign a top class centre midfielder in the Summer
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #43: Feb 28, 2012 06:18:46 pm
      What"s happening is that there"s no info coming out of Anfield and the media are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5, it"s bollocks is what it is, the dogs on the streets know that the club are going to splash some cash, and we all know there will be wage restrictions, would Hazard be happy earning 100-120k a week if some club like Citeh offers much more? I don"t think so, we"ll wait and see.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Feb 28, 2012 06:35:28 pm
      Hazard said the most important thing for him is playing.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #45: Feb 28, 2012 06:39:56 pm
      Hazard said the most important thing for him is playing.

Mickey?

Quick Reply