Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

1 Down 2 to go

Read 5460 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: 1 Down 2 to go
      Reply #23: Mar 04, 2012 10:59:33 pm
      Arsenal have Everton away and Chelsea at home in the coming few weeks.  I can see two defeats or two draws there.

If we concentrate on getting 1-0 wins we will be there or there abouts for 4th place at the end. But the team and the management have had enough time to sort out the scoring problems. It's time now to put some wins together in a row and no more talk about bad luck.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #24: Mar 05, 2012 06:50:35 am
      It's up to us to put a run together now.. To prove we are a good side, I think we possibly have left ourselves too much to do for forth now but just get our heads down and take every game as it comes. Pressures off us in a sense for forth now so we can sneak under the radar a little bit with the press. We still have a very winable run in and what we need to do even if we miss out on the CL is finish the season strong to finish as high as possible and for people to sit up and take notice.

It's essential for going into next season now for me that we turn the home form on its head and look to win every home game which will help push us into next season with that monkey off our back.

Then there is the FA cup... Be positive and turn Stoke over then back to Wembley.. That is still on and I'd love to win that this year and I certainly think we can.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Mar 05, 2012 07:00:41 am
      Kenny has to make tactical changes. No more 4-4-2 plz,  we were great last season when we were playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. Why do we keep playing 4-4-2 while we're struggling to score with this formation. We were just great last season. Crushed ManU, Fulham, Birmingham, Wolves, etc. We have the team needed to make top 4, there are world class internationals, young good lads and experienced goal scorers(maxi, Kuyt,Bellamy). Hope there's a change soon. :scarf: Plz Kenny show to the world how great you are and make us get in the CL.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Mar 06, 2012 09:37:43 am
      you dont want it because you would all be prooved wrong, so dismiss anything positive, you hate it because you want to say '' i told you so' if things go tits up,

even in today's frustration i can grasp something positive from the game, but not you f***in lot,

we're all f***in doomed now, we may have won a cup,first for six f***in years, but you still f***in moan,

and here was me thinking, the neg-meisters have faded away like shadows into the night, but, how wrong was i,

one defeat since a cup win,and up pops your ugly f***in heads,

That's all okay but tell us what you really think about the vile, F**k-wits Billy.  >:D
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #27: Mar 06, 2012 07:18:18 pm
      Holy f**k, we may as well just f***in stop now then if you neg heads are anything to go by, with 36pts still up for grabs,lets just say ah, f**k the league,lets play the ressies for the rest of the season and give the senior players the longest pre-season ever,

Its too early to give up on fourth yet.

In a normal season it would be but, as pointed out above, Chelsea are imploding and Di Matteo is pretty much hated by the squad, Arsenal are so reliant on RVP all it will take is for him to pick up a knock or even be marked out of a couple of games and they will drop more points.

But the point where we realistically have to give up on fourth isnt that far away. And its not about being negative - its about being smart with our plans for next season. If we miss out on Champions League whats the point of playing Carra till the end of the season just so we can get 6th instead of 7th when we already have Europa league confirmed?

The smart thing to do would be to blood Coates into the team properly so we have a reliable backup. the smart thing to do would be to try henderson in the middle unless you think Stevie will be playing more games not less as he gets older. The smart thing to do would be to give Sterling and Suso a try-out and Andy an extended run in the side so we know what we need in the transfer window.

It s not a question about negativity rather than ,aking the smart choice.

Quick Reply