Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who played the best today?

Pepe Reina
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (14.2%)
      Jose Enrique
      (6.7%)
      Jay Spearing
      (20.9%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (10.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (8.2%)
      Stewart Downing
      (5.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (28.4%)
      Other
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: In-Game and Post Match Frustration

Read 53133 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: In-Game and Post Match Frustration
      Reply #828: Mar 04, 2012 08:28:30 pm
      No I would give Kenny time but wont mean I'll see what is not there either. He needs to do better in the transfer market this Summer.

But their is some stuff that others seem to see, including myself, that you don't Corbs.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #829: Mar 04, 2012 08:33:48 pm
      No I would give Kenny time but wont mean I'll see what is not there either. He needs to do better in the transfer market this Summer.

I have to ask the same question Corb. As you havent answered.

Don't think he is which bit? Not to blame or taking us back there?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #830: Mar 04, 2012 08:37:23 pm
      So genuine question do people on here honestly think I dont post what I think whether it is right or not. I think my post historys shows I post what I think
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #831: Mar 04, 2012 08:37:37 pm
      I thought we played well yesterday but obviously we came undone by our toothless and unwise play in and around their box. We had a good bit of possession but it counts for nothing if you don't put the ball in the net.

As for Arsenal, I have to say that that is one of the poorest Arsenal sides I've seen at Anfield in recent years and they were quite frankly there for the taking yesterday. So as the second half was drawing on and it was looking pretty obvious that we needed something a little bit extra going forward, I was quite downbeat that Kenny didn't make a change until the 88th minute.

The Arsenal fans were singing "Robin Van Persie, he scores when he wants". and there you go. It just goes to show that if you have a striker who only needs one chance to put the ball in the net with deadly fashion and a bit of nouce, you can win games even when you don't play well.

We don't have that type of player to rely on at the moment and it's costing us points. It needs addressing.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #832: Mar 04, 2012 08:38:29 pm
      I have to ask the same question Corb. As you havent answered.

I think it is clear he has made mistakes in the transfer market but he is here a little over a year and deserves the chance to rectify them mistakes.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #833: Mar 04, 2012 08:38:40 pm
      So genuine question do people on here honestly think I dont post what I think whether it is right or not. I think my post historys shows I post what I think

This thread's not about you mate. So ignore what anyone is saying about you and concentrate on the match yesterday. That goes for everyone else as well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #834: Mar 04, 2012 08:39:38 pm
      Ok redkenny sorry for going off topic
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #835: Mar 04, 2012 08:41:30 pm
      I think it is clear he has made mistakes in the transfer market but he is here a little over a year and deserves the chance to rectify them mistakes.

You still didnt answer the question mate.

I was quite downbeat that Kenny didn't make a change until the 88th minute.

We don't have that type of player to rely on at the moment and it's costing us points. It needs addressing.

Two points i completely agree with RK.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #836: Mar 04, 2012 08:41:38 pm
      We all know the problem lies in not scoring, maybe the midfield ain't so good, but last week we had 31 attemps on goal, 19 on target and 19 corners, for a measly 2 goals, and that being a lower division team. Just look at the defence, quite good and not conceded many goals, but thats what is so bad....our goal diference is .......5 goals. Man U have conceded 27 goals we have conceded 25 goals. We must create as many chances as most of the top 4 teams so the problem dose not lie in the making of the chances, it's the taking of the chances were our problems lie.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #837: Mar 05, 2012 03:18:11 am
      I have only mustered the courage to reply now, and I am still deeply hurt with that result. When we play poorly and we don't compete then a defeat is taken alot easier then when you outplay and outclass a team who is ten points ahead of you but have nothing to show for it. We absolutely played Arsenal off the park in the first half and we should have been at least 3-0 up some of our link up play was breathtaking and Barcelona like at times.

We failed to capitalise on our opportunities and were severely punished and not for the first time this season. My biggest dissapointment was Pepe he really is strugglin Arsenal managed 4 shots on goal and 2 were in the back of the net, the second from some amateurish front post keeping  from our #25.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #838: Mar 05, 2012 08:22:30 am
      They robbed one...it was only a matter of time before we lost at home

We are not prolific enough in front of goal. We will never get 20+ goals a season out of Suarez.

Winning 4 Games at home in a season with 5 to remain is terrible. There is no excuse for it. United, City, Spurs, Arsenal all have taken points at Anfield. We have taken 3 points off those teams at their grounds. Not good enough. We need some further investment in the summer. Thats for sure.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #839: Mar 05, 2012 08:28:08 am

We are not prolific enough in front of goal. We will never get 20+ goals a season out of Suarez.

Whilst my gut feeling is to agree mate up until 3 seasons ago Van Persie wasn't a prolific 1 in 2 striker getting 20+ a season.

Luis could be someone who just clicks eventually and goes on a great goal scoring run, he gets himself into enough good positions. He could change the saying of scorer of great goals rather than great goal scorer.

Only time will tell.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #840: Mar 05, 2012 08:40:41 am
      Carragher lost RVP for both goals... So maybe now is the time to bring Coates in
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #841: Mar 05, 2012 08:54:17 am
      Carragher lost RVP for both goals... So maybe now is the time to bring Coates in
      Worth the risk mate.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #842: Mar 05, 2012 09:02:31 am
      Whilst my gut feeling is to agree mate up until 3 seasons ago Van Persie wasn't a prolific 1 in 2 striker getting 20+ a season.

Luis could be someone who just clicks eventually and goes on a great goal scoring run, he gets himself into enough good positions. He could change the saying of scorer of great goals rather than great goal scorer.

Only time will tell.

Actually in the last summer window we tried to build the team around carrol!!. Suarez linked pretty well with maxi,bellamy and kuyt. Even with meireiles. For now he is not able find that partnership with carrol who is not so mobile. Against aston villa suarez and maxi made an excellent run by passing to each other. Against arsenal he tried the same with henderson but henderson dragged the ball back and passed the ball backwards. >:( . With a good moving striker he will be lethal.That will reduce his work load imo. Sadly our midfield plays like the chance creation and goal scoring is the burden of suarez and they just sits back and enjoys his runs  :-[.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #843: Mar 05, 2012 09:30:14 am
      Actually in the last summer window we tried to build the team around carrol!!. Suarez linked pretty well with maxi,bellamy and kuyt. Even with meireiles. For now he is not able find that partnership with carrol who is not so mobile. Against aston villa suarez and maxi made an excellent run by passing to each other. Against arsenal he tried the same with henderson but henderson dragged the ball back and passed the ball backwards. >:( . With a good moving striker he will be lethal.That will reduce his work load imo. Sadly our midfield plays like the chance creation and goal scoring is the burden of suarez and they just sits back and enjoys his runs  :-[.

I don't really see how that's disagreeing or relevant to what I said but yes good points..
      I've said a few times we need midfield runners to get beyond the front men to add to numbers in the box and take defenders away.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #844: Mar 05, 2012 11:19:33 am
      I don't really see how that's disagreeing or relevant to what I said but yes good points..
      I've said a few times we need midfield runners to get beyond the front men to add to numbers in the box and take defenders away.

I meant suarez need some mobile and intelligent players near him. An attacking stevie will be ok. But without lucas and dangerous adam at the deep stevie will not be free to charge forward
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #845: Mar 05, 2012 11:25:56 am
      No matter what anyone says, Suarez will not score alot of goal.

He's intelligent, creative, smart and dangerous when he has the ball but he's just not clinical. We need a goalscorer.

30 goals in 26 Premier League games says it all, really while Arsenal and Spurs have scored almost double the amount. Only FIVE teams have scored less.

Our defence has done their job averaging less than a goal conceded a game but it's the lack of firepower up front that has cost us. Furthermore, Pepe Reina and his defenders wouldn't have to be blamed if we've conceded when we're 3-0 up, rather than at 0-0 or 1-0 up.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #846: Mar 05, 2012 11:40:14 am
      What I don't understand is that Suarez was prolific from Holland. I know some might compare the situation to Kezman who went to Chelsea but he clearly struggled in English football and did not play many games. Suarez is the opposite, I think he's just been really unlucky hitting the post. He was banging them in in one country, why not the other?
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #847: Mar 05, 2012 11:43:39 am
      Gutted at this result, it means 4th place is now out of our grasp. Pretty happy with the way we played though (if that makes sense) We played some decent stuff, however we really are not good enough in front of goal and by we I mean all of us, from Kelly to Suarez. Pepe should have saved RVP’s 2nd as well. His form does seem to have dropped a little.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #848: Mar 05, 2012 11:55:11 am
      it means 4th place is now out of our grasp.

Not yet it isn't.

One thing being in Istanbul taught me, never count us out even when everyone else is!!

And the crowd, including the F***ing daytrippers really need to start getting behind the team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #849: Mar 05, 2012 11:59:51 am
      Not yet it isn't.

One thing being in Istanbul taught me, never count us out even when everyone else is!!

And the crowd, including the f**king daytrippers really need to start getting behind the team.

That's very true but it just looks very unlikely any miracle would happen considering how we're struggling to score a goal. I mean, if we've been scoring for fun, I'd certainly bank my money on us to turn it around but right now, I'm just wishing for the best that we get that luck to win games any way and the teams above us drop points any way!
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #850: Mar 05, 2012 12:04:51 pm
      Not yet it isn't.

And the crowd, including the f**king daytrippers really need to start getting behind the team.

Sorry mate, but I feel its beyond us. I didnt feel that way at half time against Milan. I thought if we could sneek an early goal then we could get something form the game. The crowd should always be behind the team during the match, the odd moan and groans fine, but that needs to be backed up by positive noise. Its hard if you don't go to most matches to get into the game in the same way. Its like you are part of the crowd but not perhaps? I dont know, but I do see too many people too quiet and whats with the camara's! Should be banned when the balls in play if you ask me.

Quick Reply