Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Why we're going to win another Title.

Read 5503 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Why we're going to win another Title.
      Mar 04, 2012 04:05:01 am
      The main point I want to make is that this is not an attack on anyone in particular or on a specific post. Its more of a reply to the overall sentiment(s), whenever the club loses or has a poor showing. Today’s post match anger/depression is normal and I am pissed and agree that we should of walked away with 3 points. But we didn’t, F**k it, it happens and guess what, were going to lose again. But this, relatively new trend on this forum to completely second guess our coach is sh*t. 

Their is not one single person on this forum, who knows 1/4 of what Kenny Dalglish knows. Dalglish has forgotten more than we will ever know about the game. He has 46 CUPS and TITLES. 46.  Not too mention an ass load of Awards, Medals and Honors. 

In sporting and Football terms when our coach walks onto a pitch he isn’t just shown respect, he commands respect. Its automatic. He deserves it. Every team this man is associated with WINS CUPS!!!  That is what he does. Thats all he does. He wins Titles and Championships. He won the Premier League Title with Blackburn for gods’ sake. He does not know how to lose. It is beyond him.

Kenny Dalglish has only been coach for 14 months and if anyone thought that he would come in and instantly challenge for the League title, well they are going to be disappointed.  It is going to take some time.  That’s just a fact. That is the nature of the game today.  How long has it taken for Man City to finally see a return on their Millions?  They were supposed to win a title 2-3 years ago.  Whether you think it or not, we are fine.  We have a majority of the pieces needed to challenge for the EPL Title. Those pieces have already won a Cup, it might be considered a hollow title, but I disagree. The same teams who tried to win that Cup are the same teams at the top of the table and playing in Europe and we won it. In order to play as one they need to play more matches. It takes time for these players to find their groove and play as one team. IMO, I think we need 2 final pieces to make a run at the Title. One of those pieces is already a hardcore, dedicated Liverpool player in Lucas.  The other piece is a question. I think Suarez needs a partner, but that’s a debate.

Regardless, I will take the feeling and hope I have right now over the dread and uncertainty I felt 18 months ago. We had an ugly ownership feud and takeover, 3 coaches, debt up the ass, talk about administration and at one point we were sitting 1 spot above relegation.

So, enjoy it. Our coach will not allow this team to lose. He already won a Cup. Were watching the start of a new era in Liverpool Football and Kenny Dalglish will bring us a another title. I would bet my life on it.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012 12:40:59 pm by MsGerrard »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Why were going to win another Title.
      Reply #1: Mar 04, 2012 04:21:23 am
      Meh, has this so called 'King' Kenny ever masterminded back-to-back-to-back promotions, 2 FA Cups, 1 League Cup, 2 Johnston Paint Trophies, a Europa League trophy, a Super Cup and a Community Shield with Northampton Town?

Cos I did on football manager, therefore I feel justified in assuming I know more than him about management.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #2: Mar 04, 2012 08:06:03 am
      I admire your positivity and think Kenny could take us back to winning the league.

My problem is I dont think the owners have the money to invest at this level to take us back to the top :(

What happened last summer with 80m investment give or take will have to happen for several seasons to reshape our squad into challengers and already comolli is talking about quiet windows and the work already being done. Our league placing shows we have plenty of work to do but he and kenny know the owners simply dont have the funds to plough 50+ million in every year until weve improved.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #3: Mar 04, 2012 08:34:19 am
      Am liking your positivity onthe back of a defeat, it's very rare we see that these days. It's normally light after a win and dark after a draw or defeat in this place. The club has certainly come a long way in 14 months and regardless of whether we qualifiy for the Champions league (it's been kind of ground into us that the failure to do so is a sin of quantum proportions) this season I firmly believe we are on the up.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Mar 04, 2012 08:47:45 am
      F**k off with this positivty.

Its the day after a defeat.

Now is the time for criticising our transfers, unleashing a torrent of abuse in the Downing/Adam/Henderson/Carroll threads respectively, complaining about lack of investment, complaining about investment in the wrong players, comparing Roy Hodgson with Kenny Dalglish, throwing the stadium conundrum in to the equation, questioning if Kenny still has it in him to lead us forward and prophosising the arrival of the apocolypse.

I don't give a sh*t its less than a week after we've just won our first major trophy in 6 years, I don't give a sh*t that were only 90 minutes away from our second Wembley appearance in less than 2 months and nor do I give a sh*t that we're the only team currently guarenteed European football. I want success NOW, I want a transfer policy based on players I think are fantastic NOW, I want a new 80,000 stadium NOW,  I want oil tycoon owners to pump billions in to the club NOW. In fact I want everything right NOW.

Or maybe I just want progress.

If anyone honestly believes we haven't made progress since this time last year (Guarenteed someone will reply with "But Hodgson only had us 1 point less last year fffss) then you're in serious need of a new pair of spectacles or a different outlook on life.

Its not all rosy and its not all smooth sailing, far from it. But we're making progress, we're on the march and there's no other man in football I'd rather have lead us there.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012 09:09:29 am by Dannylfc »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: Mar 04, 2012 11:22:02 am
      it's still the first season of Kenny's new reign, I feel okay about it. no doubt we need to improve but wer are and we will continue to do so. we will also strengthen the squad and we'll be in europe in some form next year. i see no reason to be upset.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Mar 04, 2012 12:35:43 pm
      I don't give a sh*t its less than a week after we've just won our first major trophy in 6 years, I don't give a sh*t that were only 90 minutes away from our second Wembley appearance in less than 2 months and nor do I give a sh*t that we're the only team currently guarenteed European football. I want success NOW, I want a transfer policy based on players I think are fantastic NOW, I want a new 80,000 stadium NOW,  I want oil tycoon owners to pump billions in to the club NOW. In fact I want everything right NOW.

That "I want it NOW" attitude does seem to be a big problem of late; in my opinion it is both a by-product of the Thatcher years and the mantra of the glory hunting, spoon-fed, Sky Generation.

I thought for sure that we'd have done better than we have in the league (and for better finishing we may well have been) but I'm wise enough to understand we're progressing.

I'd a glory-hunting whopper sit by me in the pub yesterday, you know the type - gets all his info from the papers and Sky and believes the hyperbole but knows F**k all really. Anyhow this bloke started off by letting me know that he thought Kenny wasn't the right man. His reasoning? We are no better off in the league.

After about five minutes, in which I rattled off the games we've dominated, penalties we've missed, woodwork we've hit and excellent goal-keeping displays we've had to endure; I had him agreeing that, as much as we're in seventh, we could be sitting very comfortably in third, maybe even second. I also pointed out that we've won one cup and have a great chance in another. Again he agreed.

The sad thing is that, although he seemed to understand, not two minutes later; another lad sat to the other side of him and I heard him start off a conversation with the new bloke... "I don't think Dalglish is the right man...".

The fact is there are whoppers everywhere and even reasoned thinking won't wash with the "want it NOW" generation. I guess I'll have to accept that the phenomenon exists but it shouldn't stop us challenging the poor creatures.

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012 01:11:12 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Re: Why we're going to win another Title.
      Reply #7: Mar 04, 2012 12:48:11 pm
      That "I want it NOW" attitude does seem to be a big problem of late; in my opinion it is both a by-product of the Thatcher years and the mantra of the glory hunting, spoon-fed, Sky Generation.

I thought for sure that we'd have done better than we have in the league (and for better finishing we may well have been) but I'm wise enough to understand we're progressing.

I'd a glory-hunting whopper sit by me in the pub yesterday, you know the type - gets all his info from the papers and Sky and believes the hyperbole but knows f**k all really. Anyhow this bloke started off by letting me know that he thought Kenny wasn't the right man. His reasoning? We are no better off in the league.

After about five minutes, in which I rattled off the games we've dominated, penalties we've missed, woodwork we've hit and excellent goal-keeping displays we've had to endure; I had him agreeing that, as much as we're in seventh, we could be sitting very comfortably in third, maybe even second. I also pointed out that we've won one cup and have a great chance in another. Again he agreed.

The sad thing is that, although he seemed to understand, not two minutes latter; another lad sat to the other side of him and I heard him start off a conversation with the new bloke... "I don't think Dalglish is the right man...".

The fact is there are whoppers everywhere and even reasoned thinking won't wash with the "want it NOW" generation. I guess I'll have to accept that the phenomenon exists but it shouldn't stop us challenging the poor creatures.

I honestly cannot believe there are Liverpool fans out there that don't think Kenny is the right man for the job less than 7 days after delivering our first trophy in 6 years and only a year into the job considering the mess we were in under Roy.

Amazing how quick people forget the high of the second half of last season when Kenny came in, beating the Mancs a few times, winning a cup and returning to Europe.

Too many draws at Anfield but it was our first bloody defeat of the season at home and the forums have went into meltdown and people seem to be hinting at Kenny being replaced. Just unbelievable how fickle some supporters are.

Kenny Dalglish is the biggest legend our club has ever had and the fact that people are suggesting he's not the man less than a week after a trophy win and after a late defeat to Arsenal who gave Spurs 5 the week before is quite frankly a joke!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Mar 04, 2012 01:06:41 pm
      Am I going to suddenly stop supporting the team I have loved for 50 years ? F*** No.

Do I hate Arsenal after 71 89 and yesterday?   F*** Yes.

Was yesterday just a bump in the road we are on ? F*** Yes.

Is Kenny the best man in the job?  F*** Yes.

Would I want Benitez or Woy back? F*** No.

Should those two American cowboys H&G  have been shot at birth? F*** Yes.

Should Parry's briefcase have detonated in Castle St when he was holding it?   F *** Yes.

Is Moores still self flagellating with birch branches? F*** Yes.

In Kenny do I still trust this morning ?   F *** Yes.

So we are all agreed then.

Whats the next game ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #9: Mar 04, 2012 01:16:58 pm
      Would I want Benitez or Woy back? F*** No.

Behave, two total polar opposites!!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Mar 04, 2012 01:50:32 pm
      I honestly cannot believe there are Liverpool fans out there that don't think Kenny is the right man for the job less than 7 days after delivering our first trophy in 6 years and only a year into the job

Oh there are mate and they're F***ing everywhere. Some of them hide it better than others but don't be deceived. They 'want it NOW' so seven days is an eternity to them.

I thought we'd do better than we have but I understand why we haven't. I can see that we'll need a boost in both midfield and attack in the Summer but I understand we'll have to wait. If I was of the 'want it NOW' school of thought that 'understanding' wouldn't exist.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Mar 04, 2012 03:07:47 pm
      I think Kenny is the right man for the job. The change in atmosphere on and off the pitch has been drastic ever since he came back to the club.

I can't put the blame solely on him when we don't win because the players have to take a large part of that.

Fair enough, maybe Kenny doesn't make substitutions early enough or bring on players we'd like to, to change the game but doesn't that happen with all the clubs in the world?

When a team wins after the manager makes a change, he's called a mastermind.
      When manager starts players we don't fancy at the start and win, he's called a mastermind.
      When manager doesn't make a change, he's probably lost the plot.
      When manager doesn't make a change when the scores a tied and we failed to win, he's also probably lost the plot.

The thing is, in football, nothing is ever guaranteed. A good performance doesn't guarantee a win.

I'm happy with the performances in comparison to Rafa's latter part and under Roy. I am enjoying the atmosphere and the togetherness of the players in the dressing room and on the pitch.

We've progressed in the cups and getting a Europa League spot but we're still almost the same in the league - the one title that has evaded us for two plus decades.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Mar 04, 2012 03:33:31 pm
      I think Downing is the key to our next title win, got no evidence just a hunch.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2012 03:33:57 pm
      the main problem this season is the cloud caused by the evra situation , its been hard for kk and all the players to focus on games with the media outrage against us, generally were improving we won a cup have a chance in the fa cup i know there is money in CL but its not the be all and end all, we probably wont make it this season but who gives a sh*t if we win more trophys, ithink the days of shocks in cl are gone for now with the strength of barcelona/real madrid/bayern we need to get back to challenging for title and not finishing 4th never been happy with 4th or 3rd as a liverpool fan who started going in 76 i seen some of our greatest moments as a club but give me a trophy or league title any tine over finishing 4th/3rd or 2nd
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #14: Mar 04, 2012 06:23:13 pm
      The main issue is the idea that you can just go out and "Buy" a Title.  That doesnt happen, it will never happen.  It takes time for a team to flow and play as one.  Watch Barca, Real Madrid, AC Milan etc.. and you see how they flow and attack. I have seen players who make blind passes and little backwards flicks to their teammates who end up scoring.  Its those little keys to the game that we dont yet have. Those clubs do it because they have played and trained with eachother day in and day out for years.  Maybe Barcelona is the exception to the rule because Messi is a freak, but thats what it takes to win in Football today. When you get to that level of competition the skill sets of the players are all fairly level, its the nuances and little differences between 6th place, 4th place and Title.

On top of that, the comments about spending the money we need to win a Title.  We really need to be careful right now. Their are a lot of teams in very serious financial trouble.  I think Rangers opened people eyes to the "Spend at all cost for a Title" mentality.  Barca is in trouble, Real Madrid, United etc... I want a Title and CL but I dont want to mortgage our future.  The same people calling for spend at all costs are always the same to complain about debt.  I would love to see Liverpool sign every great player but I wont support a "spend at all cost" approach.  If it means a slow, building program. I prefer it.

I am no fan of United, but If you go back and see what they did they started slow and conservative and used the talent they had and they "manufactured" that club a piece at a time. Its only been in the last 5-6 years that they have really gone nuts on spending to compete in Europe. A lot of their early success came from grooming talent and exploiting what they had.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15: Mar 04, 2012 08:47:11 pm
      No chace with this squad
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16: Mar 04, 2012 09:11:35 pm
      I think this Summer is a big test as to how soon we can expect to see a league title. I think if we can bring in a couple of world class players then perhaps 2013-14 is a very good chance of a league title but because I'm not saying next year people will be upset.

I believe we will bring in a couple of world class players and continue to develop our youth system. Progress will be steady and consistant and when the fruits of our development begin to come into the first team we'll not only win our first title for far too long but we'll consistantly be at the top or near the top for the next decade and that is a sustainable plan rather than just spunking £150m on top aging talent, winning it once then falling off again which I'm sure none of us want to burden the club with debts like that again.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #17: Mar 05, 2012 05:17:15 am
      If we bring in one Big deal striker that is proven which is very hard to do and i doubt it will happen, we will win the title.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #18: Mar 05, 2012 06:31:11 am

Would I want Benitez ? F*** No.

Erm Yes.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #19: Mar 05, 2012 06:41:15 am
      If you buy £35m striker and most of his time spent on the bench.....?
      If your 1st 11 could not score for 60 minutes time, but you wait until 5 minutes stoppage time for subs,....?
      I won't blame King, but I hope he will learn something.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Mar 05, 2012 06:58:53 am
      If you buy £35m striker and most of his time spent on the bench.....?
      If your 1st 11 could not score for 60 minutes time, but you wait until 5 minutes stoppage time for subs,....?
      I won't blame King, but I hope he will learn something.

Would seem like after 4 years on this forum a whopping 364 posts with a -33 rating I won't blame you for posting but i hope you also learn something.
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 05, 2012 01:50:22 pm
      The main issue is the idea that you can just go out and "Buy" a Title.  That doesnt happen, it will never happen. 

Yes you can & yes it has. Many times, from Blackburn to Lazio.

Sorry, but form this thread I fail to see why we will the title again. The only reason we will win the title again is if we work as a team, act like a team, keep the best of that team, invest in new talent & have good youth comming through making us the best team. Then as the best team we will win. How you achieve becomming the best team is the question.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #22: Mar 05, 2012 04:02:17 pm
      Yes you can & yes it has. Many times, from Blackburn to Lazio.
      It took Blackburn 5 seasons. Shearer was their for 4 years before they won. The transfer of Chris Sutton helped them but I wouldnt consider that "Buying a Championship". Regardless, even if it is, It still took 5 seasons of spending, playing, and putting it together. 

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2012 04:19:17 pm by YANK_LFC_FAN »

Quick Reply