Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R

Read 12625 times
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #115: Mar 09, 2012 10:31:31 pm
      Paul McGrath today

McGrath had previously criticised the England international for his decision to wear a t-shirt backing his Uruguayan team-mate during the aftermath of a spat with Patrice Evra.

However, the Liverpool full-back hit out at the ex-Republic of Ireland man this week, insisting that he had singled him out because he was black.

Johnson told The Daily Mail: "The McGrath thing, that’s actually racist. Saying what he said is racist.

"He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the t-shirt. He’s targeting me because of my colour."

And now McGrath has warned the former Portsmouth man against reigniting the row which saw Liverpool widely condemned by observers.

"It’s sad someone is having a pop at me," McGrath said.

"I thought supporting a player - Evra - with the same colour skin might not be such a bad idea for Johnson. When he is 52 and not as popular as he is now, he might think differently.

"Liverpool got hammered in round one and, if Glen is starting round two, I think it’s a mistake.

"With Liverpool just winning a trophy, I’d imagine Kenny Dalglish would prefer to put all this to bed."

Idiotic.

Surely a hint of racism there

Absolutely. He's basically saying Johnson should support Evra just because he's Black. Like Black people are all the same, with the same interests, and same opinions. It's ridiculous.

Glen Johnson is his own man and he should support whoever the hell he wants to support. His race has nothing to do with it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #116: Mar 09, 2012 10:44:31 pm
      The way Suarez pinched him does seem to be more than just a normal pinch, his expression when his doing it makes it seem suspicious but never the less if the F.A are to come out and say he is not a racist it is obvious Evra has been chatting sh*t.

Glen for me would not of said this if he thought it would be bad for the club he is not stupid, so i very much doubt they are annoyed with him, because after all he is sticking up for an innocent man, which is what the club has been doing all along.

F**k Ferguson, F**k United & F**k Evra.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #117: Mar 10, 2012 01:33:43 am
      So Glen is just suppose to support Evra because he's black? Hint of racism, there.

Obviously McGrath has vested interest as he used to play for the scum.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #118: Mar 10, 2012 07:41:14 am
      Your not the one being called racist either. Yes i know fans have been label it but we both know its not true. Get over the wind up merchants cos that's all they are. Suarez looks to have moved on now. So should WE the fans.

Regards...

I would love to see you go to one of those silly Man u sites and tell your man u fans that it was all a lie and an attempt at winding up Liverpool FC.

Tell them Suarez is not a racist, tell them the FA are a bunch of Ferguson-ass-kissers and they got it wrong; then tell them Evra must have lied and should have been banned........

They'll probably ban you for life.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #119: Mar 10, 2012 08:18:13 am
      So this is now officially a Keith free topic. Might come in here more often.  ;)

On ya GlenJ, telling it the way it is. Time for the rest of the World to believe this is what really happened.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #120: Mar 10, 2012 09:08:55 am
      I would love to see you go to one of those silly Man u sites and tell your man u fans that it was all a lie and an attempt at winding up Liverpool FC.

Tell them Suarez is not a racist, tell them the FA are a bunch of Ferguson-ass-kissers and they got it wrong; then tell them Evra must have lied and should have been banned........

They'll probably ban you for life.
      They would probably hang him,Also I have had it on good authority that LFCREDS has been decontaminated now that Keith has gone on his merry way.Also think that redkenny should be knighted for getting rid of vermin from old trafford,well done kenny.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #121: Mar 10, 2012 09:11:58 am
      Posted something about this when this absolute gobs***e first opened his trap.

Just in case anybody is giving this gonk's views any air time here it is again.

Apparantly Negrito is rascist but calling somebody a coon or lazy nigger isn't.

[newsRon's no racist - McGrath]

Aston Villa legend Paul McGrath has revealed that Ron Atkinson called black players “coons” during training sessions.

The retired soccer star claimed Big Ron used the racist term while manager of the Premier-ship club in the 1990s.

Yet McGrath insisted that his former boss, who resigned from his ITV job last week for branding Chelsea player Marcel Desailly a “f***ing lazy big n****r” live on air, was an INSPIRATION to black players.

When we put the claims to Atkinson yesterday, he did not deny using the derogatory term ‘coon’, but said: “You should have heard what the players called me!”

Big Ron, from Barnt Green in Worcester-shire, resigned from his £200,000 job as a sports pundit after his outburst on Tuesday night following Chelsea’s Champions League defeat against Monaco.

He thought his comments about Desailly to fellow commentator Clive Tyldesley were offair - but they were being broadcast to audiences in the Middle East.

Some fans who heard the rant claim that he also called Blues boss Claudio Ranieri a “wop” and midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron “a lazy f***”.

After a storm erupted Atkinson, 65, apologised immediately and quit his TV post. He has since left his job as an expert analyst for The Guardian.

He has also been shown the red card by West Bromwich Building Society, who had planned touse himtopromotea newmortgageplanthis week.

Atkinson gave McGrath his big break in football when he signed him for Manchester United in 1982.

He was also the playerÂ’s manager at Aston Villa, where the defender arrived in 1989 after having been shown the Old Trafford door by Alex Ferguson for heavy drinking.

McGrath, 44, who now lives in Ireland, said he was shocked at the Atkinson outburst against Desailly.

“I heard what Ron said about Desailly and I thought it was a daft thing to say,” he said. “It was out of order. I was shocked because I had not heard Ron use that word before.”

But then he added: “I heard him call some black players a coon during training. It didn’t happen very often, it was occasional. But I’m not going to defend him to the hilt.

“I think Ron is probably one of the old school where language like this was probably more accepted.”

Although McGrath condemned Big Ron for using insultinglanguage,hesaid thathedidnot believe he was a racist.

“You only have to look at his record over the years,” he explained. “He was one of the few managers who helped black players in their careers and he treated everyone well.

“He was a great inspiration for me personally. He brought me to Manchester United and looked after me. He was at Villa as well. He treated me brilliantly.

“He would have been the first person to have befriended black people.”

But McGrath added that he was subjected to other racism during his career.

“Over the years I did experience racism,” he said. “There was a lot more of it about then.

“Ron is one of the most decent managers that I had, but I can’t condone what he said.” McGrath is no stranger to controversy himself. His drinking exploits have seen him hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Friends have spoken about their fears that booze binges could kill the soccer legend and have urged him to give up the bottle.

McGrath was in rehab for six weeks last November following an incident outside his ex-wifeÂ’s house in Manchester.

But he told the Sunday Mercury that he is now happy working as director of football for Irish team Waterford United.

“It’s great,” he said. “It’s wonderful working with the team and it’s been going fairly well

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/mercury/tm_objectid=14180419&method=full&siteid=50002&headline=ron-s-no-racist---mcgrath-name_page.html

[/news]

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #122: Mar 10, 2012 12:26:06 pm
      Did Paul McGrath really say Johnson should agree with Evra because they're both black?

Incredible.

By the same standards, should every south american united player take Suarez's side?

Absolutely unbelievable. All our players can take sides with Suarez, but Johnson needs to side with Evra because he's black. Absolutely unbelievable.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #123: Mar 10, 2012 01:01:54 pm
      Did Paul McGrath really say Johnson should agree with Evra because they're both black?

Incredible.

By the same standards, should every south american united player take Suarez's side?

Well in order mate nice one.

Is Paul M whatever F***ing dyslexic?
       Of course they're both black you F***ing bellend, the fact that one is a devious, shallow, morally corrupt individual who could just as easily be white, yellow or polkadot has gone completely over Paul whatever's head (conveniently enough).
      If anybody were to witness a situation that was indefensibly and morally unjust and felt strongly enough to warrant comment, any ethnic issues are below that on the list of priority.
      Soft sh*te is afraid that because Glen is black his views will be taken on board and given deeper reflection than some hysterical racist allegation by the FA and a head up it's arse committee for racial harmony in football, who incidentally are dividing football and communities at a stroke.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #124: Mar 10, 2012 01:11:49 pm

Incredible.

Absolutely unbelievable. All our players can take sides with Suarez, but Johnson needs to side with Evra because he's black. Absolutely unbelievable.

He did say that Johnson should have thrown the white shirt in support of Suarez, to the ground. He specifically mentioned Johnson because Glen is the only black player in the Liverpool team.

And then he said he thought it would not be a bad idea for Johnson to support Evra because they have the same skin colour.

WTF?! Glen supports Suarez because he knows Suarez better than anyone else outside of Liverpool so he has his reasons in believing Suarez is not the wrong one. To tell him to support Evra because he's black as well is racist.

So it's okay for black people to speak about skin colour but it's not okay when someone else does it? More so when Suarez didn't intend to racially abuse and especially since there is still a lack of concrete evidence.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #125: Mar 10, 2012 01:19:23 pm
      He did say that Johnson should have thrown the white shirt in support of Suarez, to the ground. He specifically mentioned Johnson because Glen is the only black player in the Liverpool team.

And then he said he thought it would not be a bad idea for Johnson to support Evra because they have the same skin colour.

WTF?! Glen supports Suarez because he knows Suarez better than anyone else outside of Liverpool so he has his reasons in believing Suarez is not the wrong one. To tell him to support Evra because he's black as well is racist.

So it's okay for black people to speak about skin colour but it's not okay when someone else does it? More so when Suarez didn't intend to racially abuse and especially since there is still a lack of concrete evidence.
      Exactly Ad, the Klu Klux Klan were the same colour and stayed together to promote their ideas in a racial context.

Paul McGrath = Dickhead.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #126: Mar 12, 2012 02:28:37 am
      Was watching the ESPN soccernet press pass which is quite frequently hosted by Steve Nicol.

He called Glen a complete "idiot and imbecile" for bringing this up again.

Another former legend with media interests at stake.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #127: Mar 12, 2012 05:37:42 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,096 posts | 8521 
      Reply #128: Mar 12, 2012 12:53:41 pm
      Was watching the ESPN soccernet press pass which is quite frequently hosted by Steve Nicol.

He called Glen a complete "idiot and imbecile" for bringing this up again.

Another former legend with media interests at stake.

Steve Nicol was always known for being a bit slow on the uptake.

Read any of the players autobiographies from the 80s, most of them describe Nicol as being as thick as pigshit.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #129: Mar 12, 2012 10:58:45 pm
      Steve Nicol can suck my bollocks.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #130: Mar 12, 2012 11:02:39 pm
      I'm guessing Stevie Nicol was saying he was an idiot for bringing it up, not necessarily his opinion. Of course, that ignores the fact it was brought up to Glen, but whatever.

Makes me sad, though, that so many Americans who get all of their soccer info from ESPN Soccernet will now see this as "even Liverpool players think this is sh*te!" Sigh.

Quick Reply