Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 52295 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #690: Mar 10, 2012 09:23:51 pm
      I still don't feel any better several hours after the match finished.

We were awful today. The players almost looked like they hadn't played with each other before - that's how bad it was IMO.

I see the conversation has moved towards the Summer transfer window - we desperately need some new faces and ones that should be in our best XI, not squad players.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #691: Mar 10, 2012 09:28:23 pm
      Having seen what Kenny said after the match he's obviously keeping his cards close to his chests as to what he really thinks.  I am truly hoping to see the reaction to his feelings against the bitters.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #692: Mar 10, 2012 09:31:00 pm
      Not a great day at the office... Such high hopes 2 weeks ago, now dashed..!

We are in Europe so it seems like our players have switched off - I think we are seeing the old 'end of season blues' happening. The performance was poor, we lacked passion, creativity and hunger. Teams around us are now getting the results we need - and this has to change..!

For me bring in a few of the youngsters - these players have promise and hunger! Sterling to start ahead of Downing next game, Suso over Spearing. Shake it up and let the starting 11 know they are replacable and that we have the talent in the reserves and youth team.

Today we lie 7th in the league, we are safe from religation and in Europe next season. What do we have to lose?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #693: Mar 10, 2012 09:32:32 pm
      Suso Sterling Wisdom and possibly Robinson to play a few games from now till the end of the season with a possible appearance from Texierra
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #694: Mar 10, 2012 09:35:42 pm
      After today's crap performance, I'm feeling really nervous about the "Bitters" visit on Tuesday.

There was no urgency, f**k all cohesion and the cutting edge never arrived this afternoon.

We're now watching our backs for the mid tablers trying to get to 7th, instead of chasing the Bottlers and the Chavs for that 4th spot, ffs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #695: Mar 10, 2012 09:38:39 pm
      My wall is getting hammered on facebook by my mackem pals.

An example.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #696: Mar 10, 2012 09:40:01 pm

An example.

Just reply SUNDERLAND...... Thats slaging enough useless tw*ts
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #697: Mar 10, 2012 09:40:15 pm

An example.

Your from Newcastle as well arent you mate to make it worse
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #698: Mar 10, 2012 09:41:27 pm
      Your from Newcastle as well arent you mate to make it worse

Yeh mate. :D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #699: Mar 10, 2012 09:41:29 pm

An example.

Hard to defend ourselves today... heads up and our day on top will come again!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #700: Mar 10, 2012 09:45:31 pm

Mate dunno what to say, bad enough here in Ireland today can imagine sh*te your putting up with
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #701: Mar 10, 2012 09:49:26 pm

An example.

Daz I know we played sh*te and I am bloody annoyed at our performance but can you not delete that poster,that poster is a bloody insult to this club and its tradition.One thing I would like to know is why are we resting players surely unless injured they should be able to play 3 matches in 8 or 9 days,how the hell did Bill Shankly manage to go through a whole season using only 14 players and there were no subs then either.I will defend this club to the hilt but I will not condone apathy and inertia from any player who wears the shirt of this famous club,we deserve better than that.Rant over roll on Everton.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #702: Mar 10, 2012 10:06:26 pm
      Daz I know we played sh*te and I am bloody annoyed at our performance but can you not delete that poster,that poster is a bloody insult to this club and its tradition.

If Billy hadnt said it I would. Please remove that sh*te off our site
      Its a disgrace.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #703: Mar 10, 2012 11:22:55 pm
      One nice thing for me...I don't even know any other local LFC fans, much less have any friends that are fans of other clubs...so I at least don't have to take any stick from anyone.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #704: Mar 10, 2012 11:27:58 pm
      I dream of the time where we will be like the past Liverpool Football Clubs that competes for honours every season.

It's so painful to see us like this in the last 3 years. Before that, we've only finished second in the Premier League twice and never out of the top four (except for 2004/2005) but at least we played football and won games in the past.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #705: Mar 10, 2012 11:48:49 pm
      OMG what the hell is going on?? a 1-0 loss on the road should not feel this bad, we were piss poor today it seems like there is still a lot of work to be done! so ok we can't win every game but 3 losses in a row? that's certainly a far cry from the team we need to be.  The players should be gelling well enough by now (and for the minority of games they have) but it's just unsubmissable the amount of pressure this club is under to suceed right now, new owners, coaching staff and some of the brightest players new prem players money can offer but we still can't get an effective win streak going on (or even 1 win)

This time last season (well roughly) we had just beaten United at Anfield, we were in the premier league and fielded a team  which included Maxi, Lucas and Merilesh, therefore I would suggest that although the absence of Lucas has caused us to lose that guardsman position in midfield, we are still not making the most of our squad! now I'm no manager and the lineup today did look quite attacking, but could we have played a little wider with Downing on the left wing? he is in great form at the moment and the way things are looking right now, we should take full advantage of the options we have, if only to save face.

If we can't play the way we ought to, then we should try and play the way we need to, the home draws is bad enough but we are seriously running out of time now and I'm sure I won't be the first (or last) to say that 4th place is a distant dream!

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #706: Mar 10, 2012 11:48:52 pm
      McMahon has this to say about Henderson ........ he doesn't drive forward, he doesn't defend but running all round the field. That sums it up.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #707: Mar 11, 2012 12:22:51 am
      When any team,goes from trashing one of the best in the league,regardless of the fact we lost that one,to a performance like today against,let's be honest,an average side,then questions need to be asked.I don't doubt that Kenny's selections were fit for purpose,but at this 2/3 thirds the way through the season,imo,honest observations are apparent
      :- 1 Jordan Henderson is not yet good enough to wear a fist team shirt.
          2 Steven Gerrard can no longer be the focal point of the team.
          3 Something is seriously wrong with Andy Carroll's coaching
          4The assessment of our playing staff strength,(compared to the top EPL competition) has been naive to say the least.We are not anywhere near a Champions League qualification,or EPL winning squad.
      Our owners,so far have been brilliant,but Comolli,or whoever controls the purse-strings,needs to act now ,before we completely lose the plot,they are playing with our history.   
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #708: Mar 11, 2012 12:38:50 am
      We all know that what Kenny is trying to do here is to give as many games as possible to Adam, Henderson and Andy in the hope that they'll come good, and we take it that he's stubborn but, but he really has got no choice in view of such a big outlay for these players, he has to make it work. But Kenny can't continue to do that as it's counter-effective and counter productive. We're already 3/4 into the season and seen enough and Kenny has to admit and also the reality is, these players are simply not good enough, they should be gelling with the rest and stamping their mark by now and tormenting defences. I believe the problem started the moment we were too gung-ho buying British players. I'm not saying they're bad but they're at best average players.

No point for Kenny to come out and say that he's dissapointed time and again, he has said that one too many times already and it is not as if after 20 games we had a shocker of a game, but it is almost like every other game. Results doesn't lie and it only point to 2 things, he has got an ineffective squad (mainly the midfield) and/or tactics, both that he has full control of. I will still continue to support Kenny and I don't expect him to win everything that is to be won in the first season. He has got the League Cup which I won't easily forget. But he has to bite the bullet and own up and do the right thing, that is to revamp the midfield that has no creativity and defensive qualities and it is really awful to watch. It is not giving the defence any cover and it is not creating anything either at the opposite goal. 

By the way I noticed that Suarez is playing as a lone striker and expected to take on the whole Sunderland defence, what's happening to our tactics. Since, we already know that we'll always caught out by a sucker punch why don't throw everything at them from kitchen sinks to toilet bowls, at least loosing 3-2 or drawing 2-2 is more satisfying than a dull and frustrating 0-1 loss. 

If I were Kenny, I'd cut losses, off load these average players and recoup maybe say 25 mil, off load further players that we don't need and hopefully get near to 35 mill, owners pump in a bit of funds and we should be able to get it to 50 mil and  get at least 2 quality players in and promote some players from the reserve as squad players, they deserve a chance. We will still not win the league next season but at least it gives us a better chance of finishing in the top four. The season after next we get another 2 or 3 quality players in and we'll be serious contender  for the top 4 and perhaps the title comes 2014 season, that only if we start to do our damage repair from this very moment.

Just take a look at the scoring records of our midfileders, not sure how many they have scored so far but averaging a goal in 6 games they should be getting at least 5 goals each but how many have they got so far? I'm sure it's not even near to that and penalty kicks doesn't count, that clearly shows the quality of our midfield. Aquilani would have knocked in a few more I believe.   
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #709: Mar 11, 2012 12:54:52 am
      We all know that what Kenny is trying to do here is to give as many games as possible to Adam, Henderson and Andy in the hope that they'll come good, and we take it that he's stubborn but, but he really has got no choice in view of such a big outlay for these players, he has to make it work. But Kenny can't continue to do that as it's counter-effective and counter productive. We're already 3/4 into the season and seen enough and Kenny has to admit and also the reality is, these players are simply not good enough, they should be gelling with the rest and stamping their mark by now and tormenting defences. I believe the problem started the moment we were too gung-ho buying British players. I'm not saying they're bad but they're at best average players.

No point for Kenny to come out and say that he's dissapointed time and again, he has said that one too many times already and it is not as if after 20 games we had a shocker of a game, but it is almost like every other game. Results doesn't lie and it only point to 2 things, he has got an ineffective squad (mainly the midfield) and/or tactics, both that he has full control of. I will still continue to support Kenny and I don't expect him to win everything that is to be won in the first season. He has got the League Cup which I won't easily forget. But he has to bite the bullet and own up and do the right thing, that is to revamp the midfield that has no creativity and defensive qualities and it is really awful to watch. It is not giving the defence any cover and it is not creating anything either at the opposite goal. 

By the way I noticed that Suarez is playing as a lone striker and expected to take on the whole Sunderland defence, what's happening to our tactics. Since, we already know that we'll always caught out by a sucker punch why don't throw everything at them from kitchen sinks to toilet bowls, at least loosing 3-2 or drawing 2-2 is more satisfying than a dull and frustrating 0-1 loss. 

If I were Kenny, I'd cut losses, off load these average players and recoup maybe say 25 mil, off load further players that we don't need and hopefully get near to 35 mill, owners pump in a bit of funds and we should be able to get it to 50 mil and  get at least 2 quality players in and promote some players from the reserve as squad players, they deserve a chance. We will still not win the league next season but at least it gives us a better chance of finishing in the top four. The season after next we get another 2 or 3 quality players in and we'll be serious contender  for the top 4 and perhaps the title comes 2014 season, that only if we start to do our damage repair from this very moment.

Just take a look at the scoring records of our midfileders, not sure how many they have scored so far but averaging a goal in 6 games they should be getting at least 5 goals each but how many have they got so far? I'm sure it's not even near to that and penalty kicks doesn't count, that clearly shows the quality of our midfield. Aquilani would have knocked in a few more I believe.   
      Many valid points mate ,but we are currently,in a situation,where our transition,is reliant on 2 players who can no longer bail this club out,and there are no obvious replacements.In the Summer,we need severel top quality signings,and to offload ruthlessly.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #710: Mar 11, 2012 01:30:03 am
      Many hours after the match finished and I am still torn inside by what I saw today. I think it's a real kick in the teeth to the fans who payed to go and see that today. For me today surpassed the Bolton game in January. It was inspid and totally unacceptable against a side who weren't much better but worked harder. I hate to single out players but today Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson were incredibly poor. The lack of influence and the very fact they slowed down play, went in for half hearted challenges and lost the ball countless times was ridiculous.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #711: Mar 11, 2012 01:46:48 am
      My man of the match would be Skrtel!

Having said that, I think Skrtel has a better conversion ratio than our forwards.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #712: Mar 11, 2012 03:15:46 am
      Thats the winner there..............Right there................... ...

Funniest post of 2012

F**k me i can die happy...............  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Have to agree. :D Corbs... Telling people to ignore stats!! :D

Quick Reply