Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 51871 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #713: Mar 11, 2012 05:33:01 am
      this game has left me unhappy, angry, concerned, worried, and in no state to even talk about it :(
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #714: Mar 11, 2012 05:41:39 am
      Many valid points mate ,but we are currently,in a situation,where our transition,is reliant on 2 players who can no longer bail this club out,and there are no obvious replacements.In the Summer,we need severel top quality signings,and to offload ruthlessly.

Agreed, I hope Kenny will be ruthless to do just that, like the Shankly and Paisley or even the Fagan regime. We're now playing with a steady defence, void in the middle and then the lone striker, big vacuum in the middle. Some said Enrique over do things and tried to dribble pass every defenders into goal. He obviously is frustrated and say "come let me show you guys how it can be done"  but make no mistake he was good in that, It's evident that how teams set out to play us is, they know we can't bite from midfield, unless we have Stevie on the pitch, hence they bully us in midfield and we were left with no choice but to knock the ball to the wings and they press us to the byline and we can't move. We just don't have one or two midfield maestro that can manouvre us out of midfiled and burly enough to start bullying the opposition midfield and defence.

And we can't blame Sunderland for parking the bus, they are playing well within the rules of the game and it's our fault, after, how many? ... 4 or 5 games against them, we still can't break them down, it boils down to the quality of the players and our tactics. I'm sure our game against Stoke, they're just going to  carbon copy what Sunderland did. But do we have the players and tactics to break them down?

So many things said, but I can only wish.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #715: Mar 11, 2012 07:54:01 am
      Not sure how accurate this is, but I was told by someone that Adam gave away possession 23 times.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #716: Mar 11, 2012 08:01:31 am
      Another sunday taking sh*t off of my mates on how the countrys once greatest team have no become a second rate club .....I cant even use the carling cup in my defence cos we were lucky to win that. Wish me luck!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #717: Mar 11, 2012 10:15:59 am
      Not sure how accurate this is, but I was told by someone that Adam gave away possession 23 times.

Not even close....it was way more than that.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #718: Mar 11, 2012 10:21:57 am
      Van persie has scored more goals this season than liverpool have in the league .........Oh dear
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #719: Mar 11, 2012 10:25:45 am
      Van persie has scored more goals this season than liverpool have in the league .........Oh dear
      Take RVP out of their team and they'd be below us. That's how important a player can be to a club.

Imagine if Gerrard stopped playing tomorrow.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #720: Mar 11, 2012 11:20:07 am
      Truly F***ing atrocious.

I wept last night.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #721: Mar 11, 2012 12:02:22 pm
      That's what we said also said when it was 12 games to go, 15 games to go, 18 games to go and 25 games to go.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #722: Mar 11, 2012 12:05:12 pm
      That's what we said also said when it was 12 games to go, 15 games to go, 18 games to go and 25 games to go.
      Exactly spot on. And the scary thing is we are getting worse. Our performances wer good before christmas but after wev been getting worse with the odd good performance
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #723: Mar 11, 2012 12:25:28 pm
      First season in a long time where we've really got worse as the season has gone on.

Usually we start slow and pick it up after Christmas.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #724: Mar 11, 2012 12:39:27 pm
      Gerrard, aint won a game he started this season? Holy lord! Playing way too deep for me! Not bein effective enough and KK will need to change this... try him back in the hole and see if we can re-inact the torres gerrard combo with suarez! Needs to show more heart for me! He should be dishing out bollockings throughout the 90 with the caliber we are playing to!

Been thinking the same for a while. Need to get the skipper playing further foward. He can play the sitter when he's 35. right now we need him running at players, pulling strings and getting his shots off.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #725: Mar 11, 2012 12:40:38 pm
      We might not play well sometimes and people will find someone to blame etc etc.. but the season has not finished yet, no? I will say it again (just to clarify) we have 11 games left and lets see at the end of the season before we point the finger.

I appreciate that and all and I know 11 games can make a difference but I think we'll even struggle to win half of those games considering our recent performances and lack of goalscoring prowess in front of goal.

Back in 2008/2009, we went 10 wins and a draw in the last 11 games and not forgetting we collected like 20+ points coming back from a losing position. That was the mentality the current squad needs.

First season in a long time where we've really got worse as the season has gone on.

Usually we start slow and pick it up after Christmas.

Yeah.

I still think we are cursed. Almost every season, regardless who the manager or players are, the end result is similar :laugh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #726: Mar 11, 2012 12:43:19 pm
      we need him running at players, pulling strings and getting his shots off.

For a split second, that said 'getting is rocks off' :D
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #727: Mar 11, 2012 12:46:16 pm
      Yesterday was the first time ever that I would have been happy for the whistle to be blown on 70 minutes and we walk away with the 1 goal defeat. It was physically uncomfortable watching us yesterday and just the thought of 20 more minutes of watching us struggling to play football like a beetle on its back trying to right itself was enough to want the game to end there and then. I've NEVER felt like that with Liverpool before.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #728: Mar 11, 2012 01:34:08 pm
      worst liverpool performance I've seen in a long time, midfield were non-existant and seriously lacked creativity. It was painful to watch at times. We really are on a terrible run of form at the moment, lets hope we see a major improvement on tuesday
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #729: Mar 11, 2012 01:54:34 pm
      I haven't even seen any highlights from the game and it sounds like i'd be better off steering well clear. At least we got another game real son to hopefully get the bitter taste out of the mouth. It's actually a pretty good time to be playing a derby if you ask me. Our league form needs a massive shot in the arm and a win at the bitters would be the perfect tonic.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #730: Mar 11, 2012 02:02:45 pm
      Our attacking force seems so impotent. 2 wingers, a striker and an atacking midfielder needed. We've scored the 5th lowest amount of goals in the whole league. Its not acceptable.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #731: Mar 11, 2012 02:04:40 pm
      this was just a terrible performance. We never looked like scoring
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #732: Mar 11, 2012 02:13:13 pm
      I couldn't come back on here after that display yesterday, toothless inept and hard to find a positive at all. Maybe one, we controlled the possession well in the first half, but we never looked threatening the whole game.  Adam looked the most motivated player on the pitch for us and he was sloppy in possession and lucky on few occasions not to be booked.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #733: Mar 11, 2012 03:24:42 pm
      It was nice to watch the Reds as an away fan for the first time, but, after having spent almost the entire day in a f***in coach to watch the game, the word 'disappointment' doesn't even start to describe my feelings about the match. I really think Kenny needs to think a bit better about his signings and if they do deserve the faith he's putting on them.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #734: Mar 11, 2012 03:44:36 pm
      Its really hard to put into words how i feel about the whole playing staff at the moment. Kenny has to change things. Seems like we are just riding out the rest of the season.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #735: Mar 11, 2012 04:04:09 pm
      Just a mere passenger! That's what I could say about our midfielders. Apart from Spearing who for me was running his socks off, others were simply terrible to watch. Even when we're attacking our midfield line were sitting too far back. Adam loses way too many balls and his passes were simply awful to watch. It's understandable if Spearing was not pushing further up but Adam? Hard to believe we lost a game without a fight.

Watching Suarez trying to take on all the defenders was painful to watch. I feel for that guy. It's like he's alone while others were too busy sitting far back. There were not enough body to pressure the defensive line. Clearly as a team we're not playing well. I can tell there's a handful who for me really played. Skrtel, Spearing, Suarez were the only players who did turned up. Kelly, Bellamy, Kuyt, Coates, Enrique, Pepe were ok if not good. Adam and Henderson, non-existent.

We got 11 games more to go. Just keep your heads up and push it to the limit. It ain't over till you say it's over.

Quick Reply