Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 52201 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #736: Mar 11, 2012 04:25:07 pm
      Poor would be a compliment for this shower of sh*t we've watched today, any slim hopes we had of 4th just completely disappeared. Get the kids out for the rest of the league and hopefully bring a few of them through for next year because there's plenty of room for them in that team.

Not enough heart, not enough passion, no belief and the quality was some of the worst I've seen this season. No idea how we go from playing so well v's Arsenal to this, but just that simple fact says that some of those guys aren't good enough to be starting. Henderson, Adam and Kuyt the main issues for me, absolutely nothing from any of them the entire game and should all be dropped.
      I have to agree with you Luke, the young lads would be better than their first team counterparts, i don"t think that we have nothing to lose at this present place in time, throw in Sterling and give Morgan a go ,Eccleston would fit the bill also.Suarez is lost up front he needs backingand it looks as if Kenny has given up on Carroll, and Adam and Hendo are miserable.
      Spearing can"t fill the boots of Lucas, he hasn"t the creativity ,yes he"ll give us 100% physicality but hasn"t the intelligence the team needs.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #737: Mar 11, 2012 04:34:37 pm
      We never looked like scoring yesterday.  Was a completely disjointed performance. We were all over the place. At times i was thinking did some of our players think we had Carroll up front instead of Suarez
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #738: Mar 11, 2012 04:41:58 pm
      Stayed off Facebook for 24 hours to avoid the score until I watched the match. Wish I hadn't bothered.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #739: Mar 11, 2012 04:47:40 pm
      Apart from not sticking the ball in the net this season, whether by bad luck or poor finishing, we have not had many poor performances. Show me a team in the prem who have not had a poor game or two this season? It is part of football, get over it.

Did you see the game? This wasn't a team having a poor performance. This was a team being dire. Absolutely nothing positive in the entire game. I'm not joking when I say that 11 men from the crowd would have played better.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #740: Mar 11, 2012 04:49:15 pm
      We have had a lot more poor performances recently. Utd bolton and sunderland away have all being awful performances
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #741: Mar 11, 2012 04:54:44 pm
      Yep saw the game and we were far from being good mate. But, like I say, show me a team who doesn't have a few off days??

But in the manner we lost last week, we should of been fighting for the three points even harder not looking like the players would rather be any where else. Last week we played our socks of and lost, they should of been motivated to show that it wouldn't happen again, that they believed themselves they could catch up with 4th place, they obviously didn't.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #742: Mar 11, 2012 08:46:02 pm
      I'm dreading our Europa league run next year if something doesn't change, we're starting to become a laughing stock of British football.

Oh F**k off.

While we're not exactly ripping up trees, we've no longer got the money problems we've had for the past couple of seasons, loudmouth owners shooting from their hips left, right and centre and a c**t of a manager only too happily to bend over and take it up the jacksie from Ferguson (see today's result).

At least the problems that need rectifying are what is happening on the pitch, not off it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #743: Mar 11, 2012 09:07:11 pm
      Getting back into the top 4? Not a F***ing chance after that! Was expecting us to have the momentum after the Cup win but so far we are 2 defeats for 2 since that game! Not good enough.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #744: Mar 11, 2012 10:17:16 pm
      As far as the remaining part of this season is concerned, I'd gladly take the FA Cup and hope for a better 2012-2013 season.

I hope man u chokes and I wish Tottenham will drop out of the top 4; hate them.

We are still no better than the Rafa's Benitez era.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #745: Mar 11, 2012 10:21:22 pm
      For a split second, that said 'getting is rocks off' :D

He can do that when he's 35 an all!
       ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #746: Mar 11, 2012 10:25:42 pm
      Oh f**k off.

While we're not exactly ripping up trees, we've no longer got the money problems we've had for the past couple of seasons, loudmouth owners shooting from their hips left, right and centre and a c**t of a manager only too happily to bend over and take it up the jacksie from Ferguson (see today's result).

At least the problems that need rectifying are what is happening on the pitch, not off it!

Second that (what a total whopper) and echo your views. Seeing what the club went through with the ownership saga and all the crap that went with it has altered my view of things in so many ways. It's brought a sense of patience that simply wasn't there before and despite all the Suarez nonsense I'm still properly chuffed and grateful that we're talking about what goes on on the pitch rather than off it. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #747: Mar 11, 2012 11:52:24 pm
      We are still no better than the Rafa's Benitez era.

F***ing hell I'd like to be close to that again!!

Every team in Europe was shitting itself drawing us in the european cup.

You mean his last season, right?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #748: Mar 12, 2012 12:29:50 am
      Truly f**king atrocious.

I wept last night.

That makes two of us.

Nothing more to say.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #749: Mar 12, 2012 06:28:37 am
      It was nice to watch the Reds as an away fan for the first time, but, after having spent almost the entire day in a f***in coach to watch the game, the word 'disappointment' doesn't even start to describe my feelings about the match. I really think Kenny needs to think a bit better about his signings and if they do deserve the faith he's putting on them.

We are sorry you had to see that, Diego! :(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #750: Mar 12, 2012 03:58:43 pm
      We are sorry you had to see that, Diego! :(

Thanks :D I don't regret going though, it was a great feeling to be among other reds in an away ground. But the game was really, really awful. I heard Kenny said we were unlucky - well, it could be said in other games during this season, but definitely not this one. We were awful. Don't want to sound smart but months ago I did say I wasn't sure if our summer activity actually improved our starting XI and given the similar position we are in the league compared to last season, I stand by that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #751: Mar 12, 2012 04:04:35 pm
      I think the problem is Diego we are just to predictable and we lack genuine pace to stretch teams. Suarez aside you know what to expect with us. Most of our game plan is just get it wide and get crosses in the box.  Teams are happy with this they are keeping it tight in the centre and letting us go wide and then defending the cross.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #752: Mar 12, 2012 10:52:34 pm
      I think the problem is Diego we are just to predictable and we lack genuine pace to stretch teams. Suarez aside you know what to expect with us. Most of our game plan is just get it wide and get crosses in the box.  Teams are happy with this they are keeping it tight in the centre and letting us go wide and then defending the cross.

True.

Jonjo Shelvey will, at least, stress the defenders. Henderson is okay, but KK is persisting with him, against all odds.

Quick Reply